đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Marilyn Monroe's Biopic, Blonde, Get 8 Razzies Awards Noms

RAMROD

Featured Posts

elijahfan
2 hours ago, HIM820 said:

There’s good chances Ana will be nominated for an Oscar tomorrow. I didn’t care for the movie but I do have a problem with people calling it a biopic, when it’s source material is a fictional telling of Marilyn’s life.

I’m not sure faithfulness to reality is what defines a biopic. At the end of the day, all biopics fill in the blanks whether you’re conscious of it or not. They just happened to make a big deal out of it with Blonde because this is not the movie people wanted to see and they made bold suppositions about some of her experiences, but Marilyn was a tragic figure, and I believe the movie is true to the feeling of what living her life must have been. Or what being an actress in Hollywood in that era must have been.

LadyEnigma

I think Blonde was SUPER disrespectful but Ana did a great job w playing her part tbh…Idk how to feel ab it :laughga:

1 hour ago, elijahfan said:

I’m not sure faithfulness to reality is what defines a biopic. At the end of the day, all biopics fill in the blanks whether you’re conscious of it or not. They just happened to make a big deal out of it with Blonde because this is not the movie people wanted to see and they made bold suppositions about some of her experiences, but Marilyn was a tragic figure, and I believe the movie is true to the feeling of what living her life must have been. Or what being an actress in Hollywood in that era must have been.

I think I just wish there was another word to describe it altogether. Even though some audiences have a hard time grasping it, I know most biopics have fictional aspects or stitched together parts of their life to tell a coherent story in two and a half hours. But since this source material specifically states it should be looked at as a work of fiction, I think the movie should be viewed similarly. I agree that I think the author was using Marilyn’s life as a tale of celebrity and being a symbol. She shows this by stripping her of all agency, which is tough to watch especially for die hard fans who know she wanted so much more out of life and her career. I believe Ana is not playing Marilyn/Norma but a character that Hollywood made her out to be. Also this movie would be very different with a female director. I think that was the first big mistake. 

ProfessionalClown

Happy they didn’t nominate Ana bc she actually did so amazing, possibly the best on screen Marilyn adaptation (of her persona, obvi)

Archived