opinion

Gaga Fans Need To Stop Pressuring Gaga to Release ARTPOP Act 2 (Or a Re-release)

YouCanSitWithUs

Featured Posts

YouCanSitWithUs

I'm gonna say this gently because I know alot of people love ARTPOP, and just the album by itself without considering the context...yes...I think it's a fun interesting and decent album in Gaga's cannon. It certainly is not as bad as the press dogged it for in 2013, but it also is certainly not as great as fans push it to be. It's a fairly decent album that had a really cool concept that never really got fully fleshed out. 

So here is what I really want to say: It has been 3 years since Chromatica. Typically, fans would be craving a new pop record, and rightfully so. But it seems like people feel like LG7 is just not coming soon or something. And I think I know why: 

I think it's kinda funny that so many on here are assuming we are getting ANYTHING from ARTPOP. I mean...I am almost certain it is going to be a 10th anniversary edition with maybe a bonus track. That's it. ARTPOP Act 2 is never dropping, guys. Gaga has probably written tons of other material that has also and will never see the light of day. She literally has repeatedly said that she keeps stuff for her and her friends. That's her nice way of saying, "Yeah I really don't feel like releasing anything." We literally got a mini-movement going to bring back ARTPOP and she even has the full support of the executive producer from said album and she still kinda-barely acknowledged in one cute thank you tweet and then ghosted it again. 

Not to mention this era was very personally traumatizing for her. 

I think it is actually kind of awkward for her to say this because she is trying to be kind, but seriously, get a grip: ARTPOP 2.0 is never going to happen. There is not going to be another ARTPOP era. It was her worst performing era so it will not have label support. And if you didn't clue in, Gaga put an entire pop album out about relieving herself of the anxiety her fame gave her. (Chromatica literally is the **** you to ARTPOP and what it did to her.)

Move on. It's time for LG7 and it is time for something completely new. I think 99% of the reason people don't "feel" like LG7 should be ready yet is because there are all of these ARTPOP enthusiasts insinuating that is coming first. It's probably not. She didn't do it for The Fame Monster. She happened to do it for Born This Way (I think there were other reasons for that and what she prefers to be remembered for). I don't think she wants the press bringing up an album where she worked with a pedophile right before a huge film campaign.

I guess I just feel like...her team really does pay attention to what we are saying more than you think, and if they feel like the energy from her base is sponsoring something that's very conflicting for her to do, then we are just going to be waiting for a while getting nothing. Because at this point, I really do not think that Lady Gaga ever wants to revisit ARTPOP ever again. I think when she tweeted ARTPOP no longer exists she was kinda also not joking, in a way. 

Let it live in 2013 infamy and can we let the woman come up with something new to say? I feel like we are not actually supporting her and just supporting bullcrap internet hype when we ask her to revisit something that doesn't even really represent who she is anymore. Or at least not in the same way. 

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Naak Le Vaar

Some of this sounds personal almost like you're projecting a bit

Lmao they blocked my signature

HausOfAntonio

Idk girl we know its a traumatic era but like… the music itself isn’t the trauma, we’re not asking for her to fully relive the era, just let us hear a few songs! She literally doesn’t even have to say anything about it. I’m the biggest ARTPOP stan ever so I feel really passionate about this, I wish she could reclaim that moment and recognise the triumph it was apart from the darkness. 

Bowman

This album had a bad patch through it, we all know this. But it still means something to her even if it wasn't everyones cup of tea. I think the fans just want to hear more from ARTPOP and more of it's potential. I don't see anyone really pressuring her but more appreciating ARTPOP and Gaga's art behind it. 

Edit: also it's not new that a lot of us fans including me are so thirsty for new music / shoots / video's / tiktoks / tweets / haus labs :stalkga: / / announcements etc. from her :madge:

𝕯𝕵, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉

Bonkers

Honestly, Gaga fans can't be tamed.  

They can be banned from GGD but that's the full extent of our potency against their agenda.  :teehee:

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

ScreamQueen007

She wrote around 100 songs for the album. Maybe one day we’ll get the ARTPOP diaries (the ARTPOP Journals?) with what she wrote for the album. :huntyga::oops:

AnguishedGlaringIraniangroundjay-size_re

YouCanSitWithUs
15 minutes ago, Naak Le Vaar said:

Some of this sounds personal almost like you're projecting a bit

What am I projecting? lol. I did not write ARTPOP. lol.

I just think people need to stop asking Gaga to re-live an album that was kind of...you know she might be able to look back at it ironically and see her strength in it...but that doesn't mean she wants to perform it again or release it again to the extent her fans are kind of expecting. 

I think some of us sober folks might understand what really happened after ARTPOP, if you know what I mean, and this type of music can be very...dangerous, for someone like Gaga. 

When Gaga said she originally didn't want Chromatica to be a dance record, for a different reason than many of her fans think, I immediately understood why. 

When you are a deeply emotional person who is in tune with yourself....even certain types of music....especially the music you created....it's a big ask to go back to that so unapologetically. 

Benji

I agree with pretty much everything you’ve said.  Ever since the ARTPOP era was derailed and it was critically panned, fans have been adamant Gaga should revisit it to redeem it but I think it’s best forgotten.  The album isn’t as bad as some critics made it out to be but I do believe it’s certainly her weakest album and there’s no surprise that it is when you consider everything she was contending with when creating it.

If she really wanted to revisit it, I hope she would completely tear it down and do a full Gaga version of the album that actually sounds fleshed out and not handicapped by record labels and produced to have some actual oomph.  I’d say throw on some unreleased tracks too but if Jewels N Drugs and Dope made the cut, I’d dread to think what the scrapped tracks sound like.  If Hallelujah is an indicator of what was left, keep it.

YouCanSitWithUs
1 minute ago, Monstruous said:

People really expect something? I thought it was a running joke or something

Nah. I posted a thread yesterday about LG7 and it got like 180 votes. Half of the comments though were about people expecting ARTPOP this fall first. 

Paley Center No GIF by The Paley Center for Media

Controversiaga

I only had time to read the title of the thread- but I agree.  We need to let AP go.  Move on y’all.

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”

YouCanSitWithUs
2 minutes ago, Benji said:

I agree with pretty much everything you’ve said.  Ever since the ARTPOP era was derailed and it was critically panned, fans have been adamant Gaga should revisit it to redeem it but I think it’s best forgotten.  The album isn’t as bad as some critics made it out to be but I do believe it’s certainly her weakest album and there’s no surprise that it is when you consider everything she was contending with when creating it.

If she really wanted to revisit it, I hope she would completely tear it down and do a full Gaga version of the album that actually sounds fleshed out and not handicapped by record labels and produced to have some actual oomph.  I’d say throw on some unreleased tracks too but if Jewels N Drugs and Dope made the cut, I’d dread to think what the scrapped tracks sound like.  If Hallelujah is an indicator of what was left, keep it.

THANK YOU! Like...omg....finally a rational and reasonable opinion on Gaga Daily that doesn't ask Gaga to be an overworked, overstressed, artistically compromised HUMAN! GIF by Lifetime

• Admin locked this topic

Archived