💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Netflix marketing boss confirms they plan more Wednesday things related to Gaga

monketsharona

Featured Posts

monketsharona

'

But Lee said the Netflix marketing teams are always ready for surprises, which often come from fans. The hashtag “Wednesday” has gained over 25 billion views on TikTok as of writing. A clip of Wednesday Addams performing a bizarre dance routine at a school dance inspired TikTokers to replicate the sequence, but not to the show’s soundtrack (“Goo Goo Muck” by The Cramps). The social trend instead took off to the sound of Lady Gaga’s 2011 song “Bloody Mary,” which isn’t part of the “Wednesday” soundtrack. 

Lee describes her team as “a swarm of bees—they can move to where the conversation is and start amplifying there.”

“That is the beauty of marketing at Netflix,” said Lee. “We have 80% of our plans totally set and then we leave space for us to react to what the fans are doing, and then we can swarm all over it.”

But Lee said the Netflix marketing teams are always ready for surprises, which often come from fans. The hashtag “Wednesday” has gained over 25 billion views on TikTok as of writing. A clip of Wednesday Addams performing a bizarre dance routine at a school dance inspired TikTokers to replicate the sequence, but not to the show’s soundtrack (“Goo Goo Muck” by The Cramps). The social trend instead took off to the sound of Lady Gaga’s 2011 song “Bloody Mary,” which isn’t part of the “Wednesday” soundtrack. 

Although “Wednesday” may appear to have reached cultural saturation, Lee said Netflix’s marketing with the show isn’t finished yet, as the streamer looks to maintain its momentum.

Maybe all the young people have watched it, but their parents haven’t and you can bring in a different audience—and certainly, I look at countries where ‘Wednesday’ is just beginning to pop,” said Lee. Now that the show is a hit, “the campaign definitely shifts and that’s when it gets really fun and we can then think about like, how can we do more things with Lady Gaga?

Stephen

I remember as a kid I was obsessed with Tim Burton and part of what drew me to Gaga was that same dark oddity, even during the Fame era like with her outfits, Paparazzi music video, Pop Ate My Heart interlude etc. I always hoped they would work together on something and this is now the perfect opportunity. :giveup: 

EIUiuygXUAEtLO_.jpg

7368465-C-6-EE1-4-C80-8-EC6-86-CED3-E544

DNiAItCVAAAxL2G.jpg

monketsharona
1 minute ago, FameMonster01 said:

I honestly hope for Gaga to have a cameo in S2 of Wednesday, sort of like AHS season 6

Maybe that could happen. But that interview tends more like it's about the Bloody Mary trend happening right now. He's talking about season 1 promo not being finished yet. 

HookerOnAChurch

I would be more than happy to have Gaga and Jenna Ortega dancing together on "Bloody Mary" :firega:

bpmMonkey

Uff. This kinda reads so sad and ill intentioned, maybe it’s just me and my ever so optimistic view points, but I hope she stays as far away from them as possible. The show definitely tries to capitalize on her big name and I don’t think there is much for Gaga to gain here. Couple straights who now know one other song of hers and that’s it 🤷🏼‍♀️

monketsharona
9 minutes ago, HookerOnAChurch said:

I would be more than happy to have Gaga and Jenna Ortega dancing together on "Bloody Mary" :firega:

Imagine a music video featuring Jeanna Ortega. My God it would slap so hard

I’m still upset Bloody Boobie was never in the actual show :( they’ll never capture another viral moment like that 

28 minutes ago, Rifek said:

Jenna Ortega still didn’t acknowledge the Bloody Mary situation :sure:

4:03

2 minutes ago, Creyk said:

4:03

But did she mention Gaga or Bloody Mary? I can’t hear it anywhere 

❗️ IG: thebumblebee__ ❗️

Stef666

I don't see Gaga appearing in S2 but I think them using an actual Gaga track as the soundtrack this time is a given.

IM GOING TO TAKE A S**T ON MY LAPTOP AND THROW IT LIKE A FRISBY YOU F***ING B**CH

Archived