Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

MJ 2009 VMA Tribute (remastered)

Dennis

Featured Posts

I happened upon a remastered version of this iconic performance, my first VMAs and the best to date. This show was just full of great moments from start to finish. I wish I could find a full remastered version of the whole show so that I can rewatch it. I don't know if they remastered Gaga's Paparazzi performance as well.

PartySick

I remember this being super bittersweet. As a fan for my entire life (since the late 90s) I was old enough to remember some of how MJ was so mistreated and hunted, eventually chased off into seclusion aside from some speeches and a performance here or there.

Then he dies and everyone's all about him again like they weren't the ones that chased him into an early grave :smh:

🖤

PartySick

Also makes me incredibly angry seeing Wade Robson there performing with Janet just a few years before he'd start suing the MJ estate for millions then trying one of the biggest character assassination attempts pulled on any artist, living or dead :smh:

Torching a lifelong friend's name just 'cause his estate wouldn't hire you. And making a mockery of every SA victim in the world while you're at it. Sick f*ck.

🖤

37 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Also makes me incredibly angry seeing Wade Robson there performing with Janet just a few years before he'd start suing the MJ estate for millions then trying one of the biggest character assassination attempts pulled on any artist, living or dead :smh:

Torching a lifelong friend's name just 'cause his estate wouldn't hire you. And making a mockery of every SA victim in the world while you're at it. Sick f*ck.

I think how everyone went along with his accusations as the only truth there is was beyond maddening. No fairness whatsoever to someone who wasn't alive to defend himself. If you dared question anything they said, all of a sudden you were accused of being pro-sexual assault. It was really a dangerous moment for public discourse.

Fortunately people are now realizing that yes, even sexual assault accusations can be weaponized by people. And we have to be careful and give people the right to defend themselves.

Laurieann killed it. 

I just noticed Wade was also there. :samanthac:

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

Archived