Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

BTW and The Fame Among Top Selling Digital Albums of All Time

nick4bty

Featured Posts

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IKeepOnFallin

This statistics comes solely from the US since it's the data from SoundScan (it does NOT include worldwide sales). And Adele's 21 has sold 10 million copies in the US, meaning over 3 million of her album sales in the US comes from digital outlets such as iTunes and/or Amazon, while at least 7 million copies were physically bought by the public since 2011.

Ok,Even still I can't imagine 70% being Physical :huh:

Ok,Even still I can't imagine 70% being Physical :huh:

Despite the popularity of the digital era, the physical album format is still the most dominant in the industry, according to the 2012 music industry report of Billboard and The Nielsen Company, published this year.

Here's the full press release.

homomo

Born This Way and TFM are both currently charting on the Canadian Top 100 Pop Albums :laughga:

nick4bty

Despite the popularity of the digital era, the physical album format is still the most dominant in the industry, according to the 2012 music industry report of Billboard and The Nielsen Company, published this year.

Here's the full press release.

It's true, and Adele, Gaga, Taylor, and other artists are given a lot of credit for not only pushing digital sales, but also keeping physical sales steady. Even with 400,000 copies of BTW beings old on Amazon for 99 cents, more than half of its total sales were physical copies, which is pretty awesome.

I think Adele selling 7 million physical copies is truly amazing, though. I still see it flying off the shelves in stores like Best Buy. I was just there the other day and saw two older men looking at it and picking up a couple copies. An album like BTW could never mass appeal to the widest possible audience like 21 has.

wasnt this AP in the chart section?

I think the Top 10 singles was, but I didn't see the Top 10 albums post anywhere.

Where is the fame monster anyway

Maybe it's coupled with The Fame's sales. But, honestly, TFM didnt sell that much on its own.

HausOfNicole

Maybe it's coupled with The Fame's sales. But, honestly, TFM didnt sell that much on its own.

The Fame Monster was an EP, so although it's treated like a second album and is sometimes listed by itself, generally it's counted as being part of it's patent album The Fame. The sells on the list are the digital sells for both albums together.

Archived