💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

BTW and The Fame Among Top Selling Digital Albums of All Time

nick4bty

Featured Posts

nick4bty

I don't think this was posted before, but I found it pretty awesome that both The Fame (#4) and Born This Way (#5) are among the Top 10 Selling Digital Albums of All Time, according to SoundScan.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-nielsen-company-billboards-2012-music-industry-report-2013-01-04

1. 21 / Adele - 2,841,000

2. Sigh No More / Mumford & Sons - 1,488,000

3. Recovery / Eminem - 1,199,000

4. The Fame / Lady Gaga - 1,053,000

5. Born This Way / Lady Gaga - 931,000

6. Mylo Xyloto / Coldplay - 892,000

7. Fearless / Taylor Swift - 875,000

8. Viva La Vida / Coldplay - 871,000

9. Red / Taylor Swift - 863,000

10. Speak Now / Taylor Swift - 795,000

Meanwhile, ignore the fact that no one comes close to Adele and all three of TayTay's album's are listed :coffee:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to mention, she's the sole female artist to have two singles (Just Dance and Poker Face) among the top ten best-selling singles of all time in the US as well. :clap:

I hate to be the one to say this but it's probably because of that Amazon 99c deal lmao. Still great!!

It indeed is. And it's also should be noted that The Fame was the first album in SoundScan history to reach 1 million digital sales. That's a milestone.

21 has sold A LOT more than that...

This is purely based on digital sales (the ones from iTunes/Amazon). Most of the album sales of Adele's 21 are physical copies being sold in traditional retail.

Arturo

21 has sold A LOT more than that...

This is digital only.

For example, BTW has sold 2 million but only 900k digitally

IKeepOnFallin

It indeed is. And it's also should be noted that The Fame was the first album in SoundScan history to reach 1 million digital sales. That's a milestone.

This is purely based on digital sales (the ones from iTunes/Amazon). Most of the album sales of Adele's 21 are physical copies being sold in traditional retail.

Its always still charting on iTunes,The vast majority of sales are digital now I doubt she sold 23m physical copies

Its always still charting on iTunes,The vast majority of sales are digital now I doubt she sold 23m physical copies

This statistics comes solely from the US since it's the data from SoundScan (it does NOT include worldwide sales). And Adele's 21 has sold 10 million copies in the US, meaning over 3 million of her album sales in the US comes from digital outlets such as iTunes and/or Amazon, while at least 7 million copies were physically bought by the public since 2011.

Archived