Jump to content

MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Rearrange the tracklist of a Gaga album


Featured Posts

YourEnigma

Have you ever found the tracklist of any Gaga album strange? I would like to open this debate. If so, which album and how will you arrange the order of the songs? I feel that the album that suffers the most from this problem is the infamous Joanne. Choices were definitely made in the order of the tracklist and it gives me a feeling of lack of cohesion that ends up impoverishing the album experience. if I could correct the tracklist I would organize it like this:

1. Diamond Heart

2. Perfect Illusion

3. Dancin' In Circles

4. A-YO

5. John Wayne

6. Sinner's Prayer

7. Million Reasons

8. Grigio Girls

9. Hey Girl

10. Joanne

11. Angel Down

Deluxe Edition:

11. Come To Mama

12. Just Another Day

13. The Cure

 

 

Edited by YourEnigma
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Retro Dance Freak

Omfg I was literally going to make this thread today.

 

Heres my Joanne rearrangement that I posted on Lanaboards last night:

1. Diamond Heart

2. A-YO

3. Dancin’ In Circles

4. Perfect Illusion

5. John Wayne

6. Sinner’s Prayer

7. Hey Girl (feat. Florence Welch)

8. Come To Mama

9. Million Reasons

10. Joanne

11. Angel Down

 

And my ARTPOP rearrangement:

1. Aura

2. Venus

3. G.U.Y.

4. Sexxx Dreams

5. Do What U Want

6. ARTPOP

7. Swine

8. Jewels N’ Drugs

9. Donatella

10. MANiCURE

11. Fashion!

12. Applause

13.  Mary Jane Holland

14. Dope

15. Gypsy

Don't be insecure if your heart is pure.
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Funkymonkey

Always had a problem w the Cheomatica tracklist!!! 
 

1. Chromatica 1

2. Alice

3. Rain on Me

4. Fun Tonight

5. Chromatica 2

6. 911

7. Sour Candy

8. Replay 

9. Enigma

10. Chromatica 3

11: Sine From Above

12. 1000 Doves (piano)

13. Stupid Love

14. Free Woman

15. Babylon

(yes I ditched Plastic Dolls x)

I always felt like Stupid Love and Free Woman should be in the final act, theyre way too lifht an uplifting to be in the first one, where I feel like she is introducing the trauma, so it doesnt make sense

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
YourEnigma
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, YourEnigma said:

 

 

10 minutes ago, Retro Dance Freak said:

Omfg I was literally going to make this thread today.

 

Heres my Joanne rearrangement that I posted on Lanaboards last night:

1. Diamond Heart

2. A-YO

3. Dancin’ In Circles

4. Perfect Illusion

5. John Wayne

6. Sinner’s Prayer

7. Hey Girl (feat. Florence Welch)

8. Come To Mama

9. Million Reasons

10. Joanne

11. Angel Down

 

And my ARTPOP rearrangement:

1. Aura

2. Venus

3. G.U.Y.

4. Sexxx Dreams

5. Do What U Want

6. ARTPOP

7. Swine

8. Jewels N’ Drugs

9. Donatella

10. MANiCURE

11. Fashion!

12. Applause

13.  Mary Jane Holland

14. Dope

15. Gypsy

I just loved the John Wayne-Sinner's Prayer transition. I even changed my tracklist to correct this

Edited by YourEnigma
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Retro Dance Freak
Just now, YourEnigma said:

 

I just loved the John Wayne-Sinner's Prayer transition. I ecen chances my tracklist to correct this

That’s awesome! I love my tracklist, because I feel like more of a story is told. The first five songs are about the relationship, then track six (SP) is about the breakup, and then the last few tracks are about her looking inward and at her family to try and move on. 
I also love the wordplay in the tracklist as it reads ‘Hey girl, come to mama!’ and ‘Joanne, angel down’. 

 

But I love Joanne as it is officially, and this is just for fun :sure:

Don't be insecure if your heart is pure.
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
YourEnigma
3 minutes ago, Funkymonkey said:

13. Stupid Love

14. Free Woman

15. Babylon

This is gold

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
chromaticpop

1. Aura

2. Venus

3. G.U.Y

4. Sexxx Dreams

5. MANiCURE

6. Jewels N Drugs

7. Do What U Want

8. ARTPOP

9. Swine

10. Donatella

11. Hallelujah :queenga:

12. Mary Jane Holland 

13. Brooklyn Nights 

14. Gypsy 

15. Applause

Link to post
Share on other sites
YourEnigma
Posted (edited)

1. Aura

2. Venus

3. G.U.Y.

4. Do What U Want (feat. Bruno Mars)

5. Sexxx Dreams

6. Hallelujah (feat. Kendrick Lamar)

7. ARTPOP

8. Fashion! (feat. RuPaul)

9. Mary Jane Holland

10. MANiCURE

11. Brooklyn Nights

12. I Wanna Be With You

13. Gypsy

14. Temple

15. Applause

Edited by YourEnigma
Link to post
Share on other sites
lg5

If I had to rearrange one, I’d pick TFM. I always felt like DITD should’ve been the opening song. It’s so grand and big sounding, perfect opener, just like TMB. 

1. Dance In The Dark

2. Alejandro

3.Bad Romance

4. Monster

5. Telephone

6. So Happy I Could Die

7. Speechless

8. Teeth

Link to post
Share on other sites
KORG

Joanne.

1. Sinner's Prayer pt.1

2. Diamond Heart

3. Perfect illusion

4. Angel Down (worktape)

5. Sinner's Prayer pt.2

6. Hey Girl ft. Florence

7. Just Another Day

8. A-yo

9. John Wayne

10. Dancin' In circles

11. Sinner's Prayer Pt.3

12. Come to Mama 

13. Joanne

14. Grigio Girls

The reasoning here is simple. Joanne has some clear and different themes & Sinner's Prayer is a song that has clear and different segments and builds, BUT in one dose the song drags on and on and on. It'd do much better broken down into interludes like this.

Grigio Girls is 100% a great album closer. Sing-at-the-bar when the lights are coming on, keep singing as you stumble down the street to a taxi.

 

  • YAAAS 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Warhol Killer

I choose The Fame

1. Just Dance (feat. Akon)

2. Disco Heaven

3. Poker Face

4. LoveGame

5. The Fame

6. Vanity

7. Money Honey

8. Beautiful, Dirty, Rich

9. Starstruck (feat. Space Cowboy and Flo Rida)

10. Eh, Eh (Nothing Else)

11. Boys Boys Boys

12. Brown Eyes

13. Paper Gangsta

14. Paparazzi

I would imagine the other songs like I Like It Rough and Summerboy would be bonus tracks for deluxe editions + add Glitter and Grease instead of Again Again and Retro Dance Freak. Made it in this order to create a storyline - dancefloor, the dilemma of love and fame, and what happens if she chose fame (tracks 5 to 9) or love (tracks 10 to 12).

the-fame-tracklist.png

I made this before for the redesigned album cover of this album and also decided to rearrange the tracklist + change some of the names of the song. Paparazzi as the album ender would be SUCH a great transition to the next album.

Edited by Warhol Killer
soundophobic polite | soundfanatic dancefight
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Warhol Killer

I also wanted to rearrange Chromatica that would kind of follow the set list of the tour, which would be:

Spoiler

1. Chromatica I

2. Alice

3. Plastic Doll

4. Replay

5. Fun Tonight

6. Chromatica II

7. 911

8. Sour Candy (with BLACKPINK)

9. Enigma

10. 1000 Doves

11. Chromatica III

12. Babylon

13. Free Woman

14. Stupid Love

15. Sine From Above (with Elton John)

16. Rain On Me (with Ariana Grande)

I really like the transition of Chromatica III to Babylon in the tour. + the storyline transition of SFA to ROM would still make sense. The first few songs from Chromatica I makes more sense in the end especially Free Woman.

 

Edited by Warhol Killer
soundophobic polite | soundfanatic dancefight
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
MajorMinus
5 hours ago, Funkymonkey said:

I always felt like Stupid Love and Free Woman should be in the final act, theyre way too lifht an uplifting to be in the first one, where I feel like she is introducing the trauma, so it doesnt make sense

Loved the way you re-organized the track list. I feel like I‘d also move ROM towards the end. Like we learn to accept our traumas in ROM, then lead into a celebration of love and freedom once we’ve made peace with the darkness. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Retro Dance Freak
27 minutes ago, Warhol Killer said:

I choose The Fame

1. Just Dance (feat. Akon)

2. Disco Heaven

3. Poker Face

4. LoveGame

5. The Fame

6. Vanity

7. Money Honey

8. Beautiful, Dirty, Rich

9. Starstruck (feat. Space Cowboy and Flo Rida)

10. Eh, Eh (Nothing Else)

11. Boys Boys Boys

12. Brown Eyes

13. Paper Gangsta

14. Paparazzi

I would imagine the other songs like I Like It Rough and Summerboy would be bonus tracks for deluxe editions + add Glitter and Grease instead of Again Again and Retro Dance Freak. Made it in this order to create a storyline - dancefloor, the dilemma of love and fame, and what happens if she chose fame (tracks 5 to 9) or love (tracks 10 to 12).

the-fame-tracklist.png

I made this before for the redesigned album cover of this album and also decided to rearrange the tracklist + change some of the names of the song. Paparazzi as the album ender would be SUCH a great transition to the next album.

Can I just say, I absolutely ADORE the fame redesign you did. Like the disco stick / ice headgear she wears on the cover, the tracklisting, the cd sticker… I’m literally so obsessed. It’s one of my favourite things I’ve ever seen ever

Don't be insecure if your heart is pure.
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
lilboyblue

My re-arranged Born This Way goes:

1. Highway Unicorn (Born To Love)
2. Born This Way
3. Hair
4. Bad Kids
5. Fashion Of His Love

6. Black Jesus + Amen Fashion
7. Americano
8. Government Hooker
9. Scheiße
10. Yoü and I

11. Electric Chapel
12. Judas
13. Bloody Mary
14. The Edge Of Glory
15. Marry The Night

I just think it flows way better sonically and thematically. Like, Tracks 1 to 5 of this is so stadium. And I like MTN as a celebratory closer, like a catharsis of sorts.

Edited by lilboyblue
Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...