đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
performance

Gaga sings SPOILER lyrics during SPOILER performance

monketsharona

Featured Posts

Phantomhive
27 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Girl her and Madonna are friends now and her delivery was very intentionally done in the style of Vogue. And not that Madonna "owns" the term strike a pose, but it's one her most iconic lyrics. It's hard to deny it's a reference. If Gaga and Madonna are on good terms than I doubt they care what a bunch of bothered gays say.

It's an iconic Madonna line but that doesn't necessarily mean she was referencing her. If the line originated from gay/ballroom culture and if Gaga made several other references stemming from gay/ballroom at at the exact point of a previous performance, why all of a sudden reference Madonna? :oprah:

In I fly on wings of winter.

Dayman
1 minute ago, Phantomhive said:

It's an iconic Madonna line but that doesn't necessarily mean she was referencing her. If the line originated from gay/ballroom culture and if Gaga made several other references stemming from gay/ballroom at at the exact point of a previous performance, why all of a sudden reference Madonna? :oprah:

Because why else would she deliver the line with exact same cadence and inflection? It's like if I said poker face but decided to say it the exact way Gaga says it on the song. Like it just wouldn't make sense for it not to be a reference.

Phantomhive
9 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Because why else would she deliver the line with exact same cadence and inflection? It's like if I said poker face but decided to say it the exact way Gaga says it on the song. Like it just wouldn't make sense for it not to be a reference.

It doesn't make any sense because there was no reason for her to make a Madonna reference whereas she already referenced ballroom culture at the exact point in a prevous performance. Gaga and Madonna may be amicable now but if y'all wanna believe that Gaga will willingly reference Madge artistically in any shape or form after she diminished her work and dragged out the comparisons for a year, feel free to do so. I stand by my orignal post.

Evil R

Maybe a nod to her featuring in Madonna's upcoming covers album. Also Gaga recently followed Madonna on Tik Tok, she follows 3 people.

monketsharona
1 hour ago, Phantomhive said:

Babylon is literally Vogue + Like A Prayer

It's definitely  a Madonna nod

Massive Monster

People need to start seeing reference/homage when it is clearly the artists intention.

And people need to understand it isn't a bad or negative thing.

I absolutely love Babylon, one of my favourites, and it is clearly inspired not only by Ballroom/Voguing but also the Vogue Madonna song itself (the delivery and instrumental).

The similarities are completely intentional and they are beautiful.

Kind regards

Phantomhive
25 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

Babylon is literally Vogue + Like A Prayer

It's definitely  a Madonna nod

Y'all can continue to believe what you want, i already rest my case :gayhat:

LaLuna
12 hours ago, Gagaism said:

I’m locked at home for 4 days because of COVID, I’m super calm…

:saladga::dom::shadow::firega::jase::madge::dom::cyanlights::mark::neyde::patrizia:

:fatcat:

:river:

Sorry to hear that :kara:

Bowman

She actually kinda sounds like Madonna when she says that :wtfga:

𝕯𝕵, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉

BlingNotTheMusic

Not the young gays completely ignoring Madonna's influence on Gaga's sound and career :reductive: I have to laugh

strike a pose madonna GIF

Archived