news

Gaga becomes the #4 most successful female composer of all time

Meat

Featured Posts

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
memomemome

Imagine the serve when she'll collab with Hildur Guðnadóttir on Joker II :enigma:

Meat
Just now, holy scheisse said:

Sorry what did gags compose?? The top gun songs?

She composed the Top Gun score along with Hans Zimmer and Harold Faltermeyer :)

Helxig

From doing ONE album???

Can someone explain to me how someone becomes one of the top 4 most successful female composers by composing one album?

I get that the movie was huge, but to me this reads more as 'there aren't enough women getting hired to compose blockbuster films' than anything

But also werk and congratulations queen. Yet another award for the museum

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

14 minutes ago, Helxig said:

I get that the movie was huge, but to me this reads more as 'there aren't enough women getting hired to compose blockbuster films' than anything

Exactly this

Meat
Just now, Helxig said:

to me this reads more as 'there aren't enough women getting hired to compose blockbuster films' than anything

Before Gaga, there were three women on in the top 100, now there are four. Shouldn't we be happy about the progress? It's not her fault that Hollywood is sexist and that takes nothing away from this achievement.

Meat
3 minutes ago, Helxig said:

Can someone explain to me how someone becomes one of the top 4 most successful female composers by composing one album?

What's there to explain? It's purely about numbers. If she managed to achieve those numbers with one movie then why not? :shrug:

Helxig
1 minute ago, Meat said:

Before Gaga, there were three women on in the top 100, now there are four. Shouldn't we be happy about the progress? It's not her fault that Hollywood is sexist and that takes nothing away from this achievement.

No I am very happy for her! All the better that she's just upped the amount of women in the top 100 by 33% :bear: 

I'm just saying that I did not realise this was such an issue until now. But I should be surprised really. As you said, Hollywood is a horrendously sexist industry and we all know it

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Meat
Just now, Nathan said:

Was she not a composer for A Star is Born? Surely she was…

A star is born doesn't have a score so that doesn't count here. But yes, she composed all the songs for that movie as well.

She's 109th at this time, but when the movie leaves cinemas, she'll likely be 90, or in the 80s.

From one movie.

Imagine if she does more scores..

Also, She's 100% coming for the Oscar.

Although, because as Gaga fans we like to view life through a particular lense..

She has the highest average gross across movies she's scored.

Meaning.. she is the most successful composer of all time (proportionately).:vegas:

Archived