đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

Could the Joker Rumor Be True?

RichAssPiss

Featured Posts

LilyLark

Hopefully, no. Comic book fans can be intense, and anyone playing Harley is going to get a sh*t ton of hate after Margot. I haven't even been on fan twitter, but if they're talking about Gaga as Harley they're just going to get her dragged for filth on that evil bird app.

Also, I actually liked the first Joker film and didn't quite understand why the critics hated it so much (yeah, it ripped off Scorsese, but it was still well made). But Gaga clearly wants an Oscar, and like it or not critics can help shape the discourse. Despite being roasted on twitter, Gaga had praise from the majority of critics for acting in Gucci (including prominent ones like Chang). Most legitimate critics are fairly objective in the long run...but they despise comic book films and seem to really dislike Joker most of all. I could easily see this turning into a pile on Gaga thing if she does Joker, and that won't help her future Oscar chances.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HookerOnAChurch

I don't have to explain where my mom works at..

:stalkga:

Tyler1992

I want Gaga to be in The Batman’s Gotham universe, it has so much potential to be so extremely grand. Particularly Poison Ivy..

I’m weary about a Todd Phillips directed film, he’s very hit or miss. Though if the script is good, and the right team is involved it might not be bad!

I can see Gaga taking Harley Quinn in a very interesting direction. The thing with comic book adaptations is the actors get HATED on prior to the release because they’ve grown attached to the previous actor. Once the film is released and the performance is seen, it usually is a complete 180. It happens time and time again. 

There were rumours that Gaga was intended for the first Joker movie, and Birds of Prey. I wouldn’t be surprised if Gaga is being sought after for a role in DC. I would imagine she is either waiting for the right script, director, character etc. I don’t think she’s in a rush to check DC off her bucket list. 

I don’t think Gaga feels above comic book films. I mean, she passed up playing Clea in the MCU, and that went to Charlize ****ing Theron! She’s so humble she would understand how incredible that is. 

sorry im rambling! But seeing Gaga in a comic book adaptation would allow me to go in peace.

Levine
1 hour ago, Kimmo said:

Oh yes… I remember :poot:

81-C48-F41-7-EA2-42-EA-80-DD-92635-D4-D0

I can't believe I only recently discovered that because I called Margot Robbie boring too :laughga:

On topic: this would be a great role for Gaga, but I feel like this movie won't have even the 1/10 part of the success of the first one.

Levine
49 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

Hopefully, no. Comic book fans can be intense, and anyone playing Harley is going to get a sh*t ton of hate after Margot. I haven't even been on fan twitter, but if they're talking about Gaga as Harley they're just going to get her dragged for filth on that evil bird app.

People care enough about Margot to drag another actress for playing Harley? You really think that? (no shade, I'm just asking because I don't how loved she is).

LilyLark
1 minute ago, Levine said:

People care enough about Margot to drag another actress for playing Harley? You really think that? (no shade, I'm just asking because I don't how loved she is).

It's less Margot in general, and more Margot as Harley. When the first Joker was being made, I remember there was a lot of talk of how angry they would be if they cast someone who wasn't Margot as Harley (and Harley wasn't even in that film after all).

Versace

I mean we all have been saying for years if Gaga is going to excel at a comic role it would be as The Dazzler. Who else really can bring that character to life. I’d rather Gaga make her superhero debut in the X-Men film that the MCU will eventually put out. However I can also see her doing Harley Quinn well. The worry is will it be well enough to separate itself from Margot’s performance. I fear the comparisons will get toxic, especially with how people love to compare and pit female entertainers against each other. 

elijahfan

As much as I enjoyed Joker and would love for Gaga to be involved in the Batman universe, I don't think this is a route she'd want or should take after Gucci. She doesn't really like to repeat herself, and after the camp fest that was Patrizia and all the press it brought, good and bad, I'm pretty sure playing a crazy villain isn't in the cards for now.

I have to say that my dream comic book role for her would be Poison Ivy in the new Pattinson iteration of Batman - this is a character that I was obsessed with when I was 5 years old and that would truly be a full circle moment for me if my fave ended up reprising this particular role. Plus, the return of Poison Ivy to the screen is really overdue.

Tyler1992
24 minutes ago, Levine said:

I do… Until Harley Quinns character gets a new actor.

What usually happens in comic book films being re-adapted is a sense of attachment to previous actors iteration of the character. When Heath Ledger was announced as the Joker there was major pushback, because THE Joker was Jack Nicholson. Ledger won a posthumous Oscar for his portrayal. Same thing happened to Joaquin Phoenix, who also won an Oscar. 

Margot Robbie IS Harley Quinn, and that’s who comic book fans love to see on screen. When the new Harley Quinn is announced, no matter who it is, there will be upheaval. 

The beauty of comic book films is that there are so many amazing storylines to adapt, that there is room for different variations of the same character.

Tyler1992
1 hour ago, Versace said:

I mean we all have been saying for years if Gaga is going to excel at a comic role it would be as The Dazzler. Who else really can bring that character to life. I’d rather Gaga make her superhero debut in the X-Men film that the MCU will eventually put out. However I can also see her doing Harley Quinn well. The worry is will it be well enough to separate itself from Margot’s performance. I fear the comparisons will get toxic, especially with how people love to compare and pit female entertainers against each other. 

I used to want Gaga as Dazzler as well, but would be a disservice to Gaga and the character itself.

Gaga is bigger than Dazzler, so she essentially would be playing herself, ASIB was an amazing stepping stone, she doesn’t need to play a star ever again. 

Dazzler deserves an actor who isn’t a pop star. If that happened, the character would immediately become the star who is playing her. 

GAGA FOR EMMA FROST!!!

elijahfan
51 minutes ago, Tyler1992 said:

When Heath Ledger was announced as the Joker there was major pushback, because THE Joker was Jack Nicholson.

Was there? Heath's version happened 20 years after Nicholson - of course there was a feeling of attachment to his portrayal, but surely people didn't really expect him to reprise the role? The younger generations were ready for something new. Whereas Margot being the current Harley, I think that the pushback that would happen if they decided to recast the role is simply because she literally still played the character last year.

Tyler1992
19 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

Was there? Heath's version happened 20 years after Nicholson - of course there was a feeling of attachment to his portrayal, but surely people didn't really expect him to reprise the role? The younger generations were ready for something new. Whereas Margot being the current Harley, I think that the pushback that would happen if they decided to recast the role is simply because she literally still played the character last year.

Maybe I should rephrase, because you’re right about the 20 year thing.
No one expected Nicholson to reprise, but he was the standard. Jack Nicholson was THE Joker, the gold standard. 

So when Heath Ledger was cast as Christopher Nolan’s Joker, comic book fans  were in upheaval, total WTF moment. But  he turned in an incredible performance. Now he is the gold standard, along with Nicholsons portrayal. 

Then comes joaquin phoenix, uggh another Joker movie. But he blew us away. 

Bottom line, Margot Robbie plays Harley Quinn, but she’s not the only Harley Quinn. There’s a Joker (creepy Leto) that exists in her universe, and potentially one that exists in Phoenix’s universe

Born This Way

I really hope so, I love Joker so much.  After that rumor, It'll be hard for me to accept it not being Gaga unless it was like Uma Thurman or something.

Reset my mind's IP, delete what I don't need

Archived