💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

Could the Joker Rumor Be True?

RichAssPiss

Featured Posts

RichAssPiss

With the confirmation of Joker 2 and the title release Joker: Folie a Deux, it suddenly makes the idea of the Gaga rumor just a fraction more plausible. Folie a Deux means madness of two and it has historically been used to describe shared psychosis between a pair such as the case of the Papin sisters. It heavily implies a co-lead such as Harley Quinn since you cannot have Folie a Deux alone. Suddenly, the idea of a female co-star seems somewhat inevitable. 

Allegedly DC wanted Gaga for Birds of Prey and she passed. This is still DC, but Joker was heavily modeled after 70's auteur cinema such as Scorsese (who was briefly attached to produce) and whose collaborator Emma Tillinger Kosoff did produce...along with one Bradley Cooper. Gaga has been slow to accept comic book and franchise films but this is one heavily marketed as an art film version of a comic book story and, of course, it received 11 Oscar nominations, winning two. So, it's also a high prestige film with Oscar potential. It actually feels a lot like the kind of movie Gaga would go for. A director driven project that heavily borrows from Hollywood style from the 60's and 70's rather than very modern, slick CGI blockbusters. Plus, it has an obvious commercial appeal. I would not be surprised if at least she was (or is being) considered for the co-lead. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
River

It's most likely Bruce the 2nd half, I believe the movie will take inspiration from The Killing Joke.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

RichAssPiss
11 minutes ago, River said:

It's most likely Bruce the 2nd half, I believe the movie will take inspiration from The Killing Joke.

Yeah, it could go a different way. But it certainly tells us there is a second person in the story. I am so bored of Batman though. I'd prefer it to be Harley or another troubled outsider character. 

Reality

Frist of all, I'm so happy that we're getting a sequel to Joker! I absolutely loved that movie, and I think it doesn't get the respect it deserves from some people. I know some people really dislike that it's getting a sequel, but I couldn't be more happy!

In terms of the rumor, I don't know...I feel like if Gaga were to do a comic book movie, this is 100% the kind of movie she'd want to do. I can't see her in any big franchise films like the MCU or DCEU, but I could definitely see her wanting to participate in something like Joker, which is a more serious, self-contained story. That said, a role like Harley Quinn?? I don't know. It's not that I don't think Gaga has the acting capabilities of playing such a character, but when you're competing with Margot Robbie (who I think is perfect for the role), you have to really knock it out of the park in order to give people a compelling and convincing performance. Like with the Joker himself, you're just either going to get a really good performance or a really bad performance. There's no in-between.

🃏🖤👹

James Gibson

Reminder this would be focused on Dr Harleen Quinzel as a psychologist examining Joker before becoming Harley Quinn, a whole different approach from what Margot Robbie does (which I agree, is note perfect). It would be a much more serious approach and similar to what Gaga could bring rather than the pure cartoonish style that most associate the character to.

With that being said, the first movie was heavily flawed and already closed itself enough. Im really afraid on the path this would go and might be called unnecessary. Still would be a meaty role for Gaga and I want her to do more daring stuff, so who knows.

Moonlight on Water

if she IS, I can't wait cause that'd be HOT!

she/her

RAMROD

Some of y'all thinking she'll never do comic book movie when she already did in Sin City sequel which is based on a comic book. 

s-l400.jpg

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Reality
12 minutes ago, James Gibson said:

Reminder this would be focused on Dr Harleen Quinzel as a psychologist examining Joker before becoming Harley Quinn, a whole different approach from what Margot Robbie does (which I agree, is note perfect). It would be a much more serious approach and similar to what Gaga oculd bring rather than the pure cartoonish style that most associate the character to.

With that being said, the first movie was heavily flawed and already closed itself enough. Im really afraid on the path this would go and might be called unnecessary. Still would be a meaty role for Gaga and I want her to do more daring stuff, so who knows.

Just out of curiousity, why do you think the first movie was "heavily flawed"? 

To be honest, from a filmmaking and writing perspective, I think the movie is near perfect. I think there's a lot to be said about the social commentary and politics of it all, but I don't think that, in and of itself, makes the movie "flawed" necessarily.

Quite honestly, I feel like a lot of the hate/dislike towards the movie is because it is labeled as a "comic book movie." Because it's "the Joker", because it's set in Gotham, and because it's a comic book/superhero property, I feel like people don't necessarily take it as seriously as they should. I feel like most of the hate for the film comes from the fact that people think WB/DC were pretentious for trying to make a "serious", "grounded" character study about "just a comic book/superhero character."

🃏🖤👹

AkariGaga

As much as I want Gaga to be in an iconic role,I think it will be too much for her mental health considering how much she study and submerge in characters .

Sunny21

I hope not. I want a fun movie for Gaga, not a psychological drama like Joker 2. She'd probably love it though. 

Harley's done to death, imo. 🤔

DC has some great characters but Warner Bros. is a mess, sorry. Wait for Discovery to mess it up some more.

I feel sooo bad for Ezra Miller, he was signed in 2014 and his movie was supposed to come out in 2018. They'll probably postpone it from 2023 to 2030, lol.

she/her/hers

Kimmo
2 hours ago, RichAssPiss said:

Allegedly DC wanted Gaga for Birds of Prey and she passed.

Oh yes… I remember :poot:

81-C48-F41-7-EA2-42-EA-80-DD-92635-D4-D0

Hottie Detector

Archived