politics

Russia took control of Lyman/ 95% of Luhansk province

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF
Posted (edited)

In recent weeks, Russia increased the speed in which it advances in eastern Ukraine. Russia made important gains north of the Siversky Donets River, occupying Lyman city - plus, Russian military entered Severodonetsk' outskirts. These are significant events because they are some of Russia's biggest/ fastest advancements in quite some time.

A%20look%20at%20the%20control%20changes%20in%20the%20Donbas%20over%20the%20last%202%20weeks.__00_00%20Friday%2013%20May%20-->%2000_00%5B...%5D.gif

By this point, Russia occupies 95% of Luhansk oblast, and Severodonetsk-Lysychansk area is the last Ukrainian stronghold in the province. Other provinces where Russia holds territory are Kherson (about 80-90% occupied), Zaporizhia and Kharkiv. Basically, what this says is that if flag-russia_1f1f7-1f1fa.png concentrate on specific areas instead of attacking in all directions, they might prove to be more effective to some extend.

In relation, this is a more detailed report of the things happening on 26-27 May:

Screenshot_600.png

Source: https://deepstatemap.live/#6/49.438/32.053https://www.understandingwar.org/https://mobile.twitter.com/war_mapper

Edited by FfFfFfFF
  • Sad 6
Economy

I think it's pretty much a given Russia will have more territory permanently by the end of this

But other than flexing some ego and nationalistic pride it will cost them way more than they get. A true bad move and miscalculation by Putin

Nobody wins by this. Not Russia, not Ukraine and not the rest of the world that feels economic impacts indirectly

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
AnnaNicoleSmith

I want to vomit

• Like 2
dit

@FfFfFfFFi want to personally thank you on behalf of everyone here for your updates. I am OBSESSED with geopolitics and the maps and info you provide are just fabulous and so insightful. Thank you thank you and thank you so darn much.

This news is morbid to say the least...but unfortunately it seems like this concentrated attack in one or two directions is working better for russia than their previous shock / attack on all sides tactic. 

• Like 5
FfFfFfFF
9 hours ago, Economy said:

I think it's pretty much a given Russia will have more territory permanently by the end of this

As opposed to earlier in the war when Zelensky implied Ukraine may cede territories if the population agrees via referendums, now Ukraine's stance is that will never give up anything and retain its 1991 borders. And NATO seems like it will back Ukraine and never recognize Russia's annexation of territories.

Nonetheless, de facto this is Russia's biggest teritorial expansion since Soviet times. Severodonetsk or Lysychansk will probably fall sooner or later and Russia will push even further. In their perspective, if they can't coerce the whole of Ukraine into their sphere of influence they should at least take as much territory as they get. This is "the gain": territory and buffer.

jeremiahsaint1000

bro i hope the entire world blacklists em and absolutely decimates their economy and whats left of it, they cannot get away with this lol