Jump to content
The Evolution of Gaga
science

US orders millions of smallpox vaccines


Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince

Following confirmation that monkeypox has made its way to the U.S., the government ordered millions of doses of a vaccine that protects against the virus.

Bavarian Nordic, the biotech company that makes the vaccine, has announced a $119 million order placed by the U.S., with the option to buy $180 million more if it wants. Should that second option be exercised, it would work out to approximately 13 million doses.

The order will convert existing smallpox vaccines, which are also effective against monkeypox, into freeze-dried versions, which have a longer shelf life. The converted vaccines will be manufactured in 2023 and 2024, the company says.

Source: https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/u-government-places-119-million-151227806.html

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Morphine Prince
2 minutes ago, AnnaNicoleSmith said:

Do u take one dose like all normal vaccines or is this again those 3rd dose 5th dose bullshit

I don't know what "normal vaccine" means but many of the most common vaccines require boosters or more than one dose.

These are just some off the top of my head: 

Hepatitis A and B

Flu (annual) 

Measles

Tetanus 

Mumps

Chickenpox

Polio

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Morphine Prince said:

I don't know what "normal vaccine" means but many of the most common vaccines require boosters or more than one dose.

These are just some off the top of my head: 

Hepatitis A and B

Flu (annual) 

Measles

Tetanus 

Mumps

Chickenpox

Polio

These ones require to do redo it after a couple years in my country but not another dose every 2 months. I cant just keep shooting myself every 2 months with covid and now monkeypox :poot:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Morphine Prince
5 minutes ago, AnnaNicoleSmith said:

These ones require to do redo it after a couple years in my country but not another dose every 2 months. I cant just keep shooting myself every 2 months with covid and now monkeypox :poot:

Well, we are in an ongoing pandemic with rapidly mutating COVID variants so it's not surprising at all that COVID boosters will be needed and new versions of vaccines will be made. 

COVID vaccines are not being recommended every two months, at least in my country. They are recommending a third dose at least 5 months after your initial two dose regimen.

And only those 50+ have been approved to receive a fourth dose. 

The only reason I'm explaining this is because we need to stop with the misinformation about COVID, COVID vaccines, and vaccines in general. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

PartySick
1 hour ago, AnnaNicoleSmith said:

I cant just keep shooting myself every 2 months with covid and now monkeypox :poot:

Even if it was every two months (it's not :samanthac:) it's like half an hour max out of your day to prevent serious illness or death :laughga: you can spare the effort and time, I'm sure.

Whimsical bitch
Link to post
Share on other sites

Phoenix Rises
1 hour ago, PartySick said:

Even if it was every two months (it's not :samanthac:) it's like half an hour max out of your day to prevent serious illness or death :laughga: you can spare the effort and time, I'm sure.

More like four to six . but worth it.:partysick:

spread love ,kindness & compassion 👹🖤!!!!
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, PartySick said:

Even if it was every two months (it's not :samanthac:) it's like half an hour max out of your day to prevent serious illness or death :laughga: you can spare the effort and time, I'm sure.

Half an hour???? LOL

half your morning or afternoon yeah

Link to post
Share on other sites

berlinforme
5 minutes ago, AnnaNicoleSmith said:

Half an hour???? LOL

half your morning or afternoon yeah

At least in my country it was really a matter of maybe 20 minutes, after the inital run on the first available vaccines there was no wait, just a regular doctor's appointment. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Benji

The U.K. has done the same… at least if this does badly outbreak we have vaccines ready :bear:

Link to post
Share on other sites

nATAH
15 minutes ago, AnnaNicoleSmith said:

Half an hour???? LOL

half your morning or afternoon yeah

how bad is it in your country? :samanthac:

my first dose, they made us wait 30 minutes incase we faint but 2nd dose onwards you just turn up, go in, get it and leave :samanthac:

mother, what must i do?
Link to post
Share on other sites

LaLa

I hope Canada does this. I fell like I should have a smallpox vaccine anyway, just to be safe 

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, NATAH said:

how bad is it in your country? :samanthac:

my first dose, they made us wait 30 minutes incase we faint but 2nd dose onwards you just turn up, go in, get it and leave :samanthac:

So badly organized (Paris, France), french are known for not being organized anyways. Waited in line with some random paper i had to fill, waited for 3 hours, then sat down, waited again an hour or so, very very long. I get my vaccine, I wait 30 min after. My whole morning was over it was time for lunch

Link to post
Share on other sites

Economy
7 hours ago, Morphine Prince said:

I don't know what "normal vaccine" means but many of the most common vaccines require boosters or more than one dose.

These are just some off the top of my head: 

Hepatitis A and B

Flu (annual) 

Measles

Tetanus 

Mumps

Chickenpox

Polio

I think @AnnaNicoleSmith means not one u have to keep boosting like every 6 months cuz u loose immunity so quickly

Link to post
Share on other sites

RudraCNG
1 hour ago, AnnaNicoleSmith said:

Half an hour???? LOL

half your morning or afternoon yeah

+1 or 2 days of feeling tired and really bad.

Afaik this vax is one-time only and its effects lasts many decades.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...