MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

science

Ancient road revealed by decreasing water levels in Turkey

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF

C%CC%A7arpanak-Island-.jpeg

In Lake Van in eastern Turkey, the water level fell due to global warming, and a one-kilometer Urartian road connecting Çarpanak Island to the shore emerged.

Çarpanak Island, (Turkish: Çarpanak Adası) or Ktuts or Ktouts (Armenian: Կտուց կղզի Ktuts kghzi), is one of the 4 big islands in Lake Van. Island is now uninhabited, but formerly contained an Armenian monastery called Ktuts. The ruins of it can still be seen.

bc2f98e6f52f7dc10531c10809d2b492.jpgUrartian-Road-to-C%CC%A7arpanak-Island.-

Van Yüzüncü Yıl University (YYU) Faculty of Letters, Head of Archeology Department Prof. Dr. Rafet Çavuşoğlu told Anadolu Agency (AA) that Van, formerly Tusba, served as the capital of the Urartians for many years.

During the Iron Age, the Urartians formed a strong political presence in the Eastern Anatolia region by coming together of several principalities such as Uruatri and Nairi. Architecture and metalworking is a civilization that draws attention, especially in the field of handicrafts.

Source - https://arkeonews.net/with-the-withdrawal-of-lake-van-the-urartian-road-to-carpanak-island-emerged/

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Shook 4
bionic

One day we will discover Atlantis was real after all

buy bionic
  • YAAAS 1
Julia Fox

idgi so back then there was not water at all? 

• Like 2
  • Shook 1
dit

Lake Van and Van city are the places I want to visit the most in Turkey (along with Trabzon). I know everyone marvels over Istanbul but I rather go to the Northern and Eastern provinces tbh. So much beauty and history. 

Lucas
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, dit said:

Lake Van and Van city are the places I want to visit the most in Turkey (along with Trabzon). I know everyone marvels over Istanbul but I rather go to the Northern and Eastern provinces tbh. So much beauty and history. 

This! I've always heard that Istanbul is nothing compared to what the country can actually offer in the east of the country. It's way poorer than Istanbul but 10x more beautiful and anthentic!

Turkey is the country I wanna visit the most :flutter:

OT: Anyways what's the scientific explanation for the water level decrease? If anything it should rise from ice melting no? :confused:

Edited by Lucas
  • Love 1
PartySick
23 minutes ago, Lucas said:

This! I've always heard that Istanbul is nothing compared to what the country can actually offer in the east of the country. It's way poorer than Istanbul but 10x more beautiful and anthentic!

OT: Anyways what's the scientific explanation for the water level decrease? If anything it should rise from ice melting no? :confused:

The sea level is rising from melting ice but there are a few lakes and small seas that are drying up around the world :bradley:

That's a sad chicken
  • Sad 1
Economy
2 hours ago, bionic said:

It was:

Fs6PNd.jpg

the-siege-part-3.jpg

Lucas
11 minutes ago, Economy said:

It was:

Fs6PNd.jpg

the-siege-part-3.jpg

my exact thought : Stargate Atlantis :laughga:

• YAAAS 1
Economy
6 minutes ago, Lucas said:

my exact thought : Stargate Atlantis :laughga:

Still my fav series of all time after all these years :legend:

• Love 1
dit
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

exactly! I typically love visiting areas that are least explored in popular touristic destinations. Like if I were to go anywhere I'd try to find niche places because I find those end up leaving the most impactful memories. Of course I would still visit the generic places for the sake of saying I went there but I really always enjoy the little hidden gems 

• Love 1
Lucas
7 minutes ago, Economy said:

Still my fav series of all time after all these years :legend:

Same here!

Did you hear about Brad Wright's new script for a Stargate Series? He wrote one and is trying to get it picked up to be produced :)

FfFfFfFF
10 hours ago, dojo said:

idgi so back then there was not water at all? 

The lake was there since the Antiquity, but it seems like its water levels fluctuated over time (in relation to climate or not). In fact Lake Van is close to Mount Ararat which legends say is where Noah's Arc survive the flooding. There are accounts of an ancient flooding that greatly affected the Black Sea and there are almost certainly sunken settlements here.

• Thanks 1
FfFfFfFF
19 hours ago, bionic said:

It's in the Black Sea :sis: Black Sea used to be a lake before the Bosphorus breached. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sea_deluge_hypothesis

Atlantis_Azov_Black_Sea_Flood_Map.jpg

Cucuteni–Trypillia culture in present-day Romania, Moldova and Ukraine was extremely developed and even had proto-cities 1000 years before Sumer. Some say the flood marked their end (doubtful), some may say the flood lead to people being displaced and the density of population increasing, thus a monumental culture being born.

SEE-Eneolithic-cultures-Cucuteni.jpg