Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

how would you revive katy’s musical career

Lighter

Featured Posts

BornAsUnic0rn

it would be stupid not to revisit OOTB Katy again. Even if it‘s just as a duet. Thinking about it.. Put her on a remix of one of Avril‘s or MGK‘s new tracks to test the waters?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mother of Puppies
12 hours ago, VTV said:

Purr Labs

:ladyhaha: I’d buy it ngl

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

macca

Turn back time and not sign on the dotted line for Idol. Most of these awful talent show judges are has beens :wtfga:

Smother Em Eh

I’d have her do something different then what she’s ever done before. I’d say a full on image change. Make a full artistic album  and do something out of the ordinary. A completely different look and sound.  A album that showcases her songwriting and her voice. And one that will make her EVOLVE! I’ve always wanted a dark era from her. I think she should go back to her roots too! 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Tyler1992

Katy got very comfortable being a hit-maker, not really having to rely on creating a solid fan base. When the top 10 hits stopped coming in, and her music didn’t evolve, people didn’t really have a reason to stay.

-One of the Boys introduced us to Katy. —Teenage Dream introduced us to the Katy Keene aesthetic which worked so well- that was lightning in a bottle. 
-Prism was the first knock in Katy’s growth, she simply created the same after teasing change. But she was so huge, it was safe.
-Witness was another promise of growth, and she began to introduce new themes and excitement, but she gave up.                   -Smile didn’t have much of a concept, just a series of songs. 

She has been teasing change and growth for so long, with bait and switch tactics, she may just become a nostalgia act, and that’s okay! 

I hate to say, but there are artists that are doing what she should, and could have done. She hasn’t really went anywhere music-wise. Most of her songs in her albums can fit in the same box.

I think I’m order to revive her career Katy should:

1. Focus on long term growth rather than a quick hit. 

2.  She has a good opportunity to reintroduce herself with Play, and solidify herself as a nostalgia act- if she doesn’t jump off from there I’m afraid she will just be the Katy Perry we loved in the 2010’s.

3. Create an album that isn’t Prism - Smile. Don’t look for hits, create something that is more than one or two amazing songs

4. Do a festival circuit- Katy has more than enough material to headline all the big festivals. 

5. Do a soundtrack album, she would do so well with collaboration and inspiration from a good movie, animated or live-action. 

6. Tour with her fellow brunettes. Go on a tour with Dua Lipa or Kasey Musgraves!

Suspiria
8 hours ago, AnglerfishbraBENUS said:

joanne era is the only way

Monsters seem to forget that Joanne was actually a flop lol. It was literally her worst selling album and critics didn't exactly love it. MR was only a minor hit thanks to the superbowl.

Miley did a similar-ish thing with Younger Now and that flopped too.

The whole faux-'back to my roots' thing just doesn't work anymore

migamiga
9 hours ago, thehanyo said:

It's sooooo hard for a pop artist to remain popular into their 30s, especially when they were known for being "hot." You gotta have raw talent to make it past that, which is why only artists like Madonna, Cher and now Gaga have been able to make it. Beyonce made it past 30, but I'm not so confident she stays relevant in her 40s.

i hear what you’re saying but i also don’t think it’s as rare as you’re making it seem. artists like gwen, fergie, mariah, britney, janet, jlo, toni, kylie, etc all had huge eras in their 30s. with the way katy’s career was going you would think she would find the same type of success. i know that some of those artists were more known for their talent but sex appeal was a huge part of their success in their 20s too 

i do think age plays a small part in her decline (sadly) but i think most of it is due to her not being able to adapt to shifts in culture i.e. her chasing trends when authenticity became more valuable and her kitsch aesthetic

SevenWonder

I think Katy is right where she ought to be. She had a GREAT run. A big debut. Then two massive albums with massive hits. Then a decent fourth album and that's about it. That's the lifespan of most pop stars. Roughly. 

She just doesn't have the voice of Adele. The talent of Gaga or Taylor. The personality of Rihanna. Or the legend status of Bey. Those five contemporaries of Katy's continue to thrive (except Riri and that's by choice), but they are actually exceptions to the pop star lifespan. Katy is more the rule. 

BlingNotTheMusic
18 hours ago, Bat said:

Go into country music, the Americans love that

We do? :excuseu:

16 hours ago, bionic said:

Katy releasing the 2023 version of Man! I Feel Like a Woman

I'd stan

Omg I can hear it!!!!

Man I Feel Like A Woman Girls Night GIF by Shania Twain

BlingNotTheMusic

Katy should ditch the electro/dance sound for a while. Rekindle "One of the Boys" vibe (it's literally the perfect time with Olivia, Billie, etc popular now) 

"Waking Up In Vegas" "Thinking of You" and "Hot n Cold" types are where her vocals do best imo.

LateToCult
16 hours ago, Eggs said:

Oh I'd hate to have that on my conscience 

Omg Miss @Eggs I remember we joined around the same time in 2017 and your avi just gave me a major throwback. 

LordByron28

I'd say have her go the Pop-Punk route intermixed with pop-rock, alternative and singer-songwriter. A lot of similarities to OOTB'S sonically and general vibe/attitude. Something like 4 up-beat Pop Punk type songs, 3 up-beat Pop Rock songs, 3 Alternative Pop mid-tempo tracks and 3 ballads which are more singer-songwriter. 

Archived