Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gwen Stefani's most underrated song

Blackout19

Featured Posts

Franch Toast

I feel like most of her non-singles are underrated, and same for No Doubt's. 

For me, her most underrated song is "4 in the Morning," though "Early Winter" is a close second. Really, TSE is full of a lot of good songs. LAMB gets all the attention, but TSE is a lot more personal. 

(Someone above mentioned "Cool," which is my favorite solo Gwen song, but I don't think it's underrated.) 

If we're including No Doubt songs in the mix, I'd say the non-singles from Return of Saturn (such a brilliant album), and most of Push and Shove. And let's not forget her collab with Moby, "Southside." 

She/Her/Hers

JLoveLamar
13 hours ago, Franch Toast said:

If we're including No Doubt songs in the mix, I'd say the non-singles from Return of Saturn (such a brilliant album), and most of Push and Shove. And let's not forget her collab with Moby, "Southside." 

Did you see her interview last year on Zoom? She said she will never listen to Return of Saturn. Just the mention of it almost had her in tears.

Franch Toast
32 minutes ago, JLoveLamar said:

Did you see her interview last year on Zoom? She said she will never listen to Return of Saturn. Just the mention of it almost had her in tears.

I did. But she still sings some of the songs at her concerts, though she usually prefaces them with statements such as, "This song makes me want to throw up" (how she describes "Ex-Girlfriend"). 

She/Her/Hers

JLoveLamar
5 minutes ago, Franch Toast said:

I did. But she still sings some of the songs at her concerts, though she usually prefaces them with statements such as, "This song makes me want to throw up" (how she describes "Ex-Girlfriend"). 

Aren't the only ones she Sings at the concerts Ex, Bathwater and Simple? I would love for her to do Dark Blue, Marry Me, Suspension Without Suspense, MITM, Too Late. What did you think of the Push and Shove album?

Franch Toast
3 minutes ago, JLoveLamar said:

Aren't the only ones she Sings at the concerts Ex, Bathwater and Simple? I would love for her to do Dark Blue, Marry Me, Suspension Without Suspense, MITM, Too Late. What did you think of the Push and Shove album?

Yes, and she cut Simple Kind of Life from her residency, I think because it's too painful. It will be interesting to see if and when she and No Doubt reunite how she handles that. I would love to hear her sing all those songs as well. I really love them, especially Too Late and Suspension Without Suspense, and I'd add Artificial Sweetener to the list too. 

I actually liked Push and Shove, though I find the songs to be of uneven quality. My favorite tracks are Settle Down and Sparkle. I listen to them all the time. Settle Down is a song that really energizes me. 

She/Her/Hers

Archived