MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

other

Parents of Michigan school shooter charged with involuntary manslaughter

SamanthaC

Featured Posts

SamanthaC

gettyimages-1356975143-1-_slide-5dc2ac052d89a252dcce957e02a46f64e6ffc8c5-s1600-c85.webp

Jennifer and James Crumbley, the parents of the 15-year-old accused of murdering four students at a high school in Michigan, have been charged with four counts each of involuntary manslaughter -- an exceptionally rare move the prosecutor said was warranted by laying out a timeline of "egregious" mistakes and missed opportunities to prevent the shooting.

The parents of Ethan Crumbley purchased the handgun used in Tuesday's shooting at Oxford High School, apparently as a Christmas gift for their son on Black Friday and stored it improperly, said Oakland County prosecutor Karen McDonald at a press conference midday Friday.

Then, when called to a meeting Tuesday morning by school officials to discuss a disturbing, violent drawing made by their son, the parents did not inquire about the whereabouts of the gun or inform the school that they had recently purchased a gun for him, said McDonald.

After the meeting, the younger Crumbley was allowed to return to class. Shortly afterward, authorities say, he fatally shot four fellow students and wounded six others and a teacher.

Source/Read More: https://www.npr.org/2021/12/03/1061190344/michigan-school-shooting-parents-oxford-charged

she/her/hers
  • Like 7
  • YAAAS 5
  • Shook 3
  • Thanks 4
HuffsAhoy

As they should have been!! This was disgracefully gross negligence on their part. Not only did they willingly buy a gun for their child, who by all accounts had troubled mental health, they failed to be responsible gun owners and store it safely. I'm almost 30 and I still to this day can't tell you where my dad keeps the key to his gun cabinet. It's not that hard to properly and safely store them. 

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.
  • Like 5
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 1
SamanthaC
27 minutes ago, HuffsAhoy said:

As they should have been!! This was disgracefully gross negligence on their part. Not only did they willingly buy a gun for their child, who by all accounts had troubled mental health, they failed to be responsible gun owners and store it safely. I'm almost 30 and I still to this day can't tell you where my dad keeps the key to his gun cabinet. It's not that hard to properly and safely store them. 

And to add to it, the school did a threat assessment, which they didn't take seriously. They didn't disclose they had a weapon in the house (we even ask about this for elementary students when threat assessments are done), and he was allowed to go back to class. 

Edited by SamanthaC
she/her/hers
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 1
HuffsAhoy
2 minutes ago, SamanthaC said:

And to add to it, the school did a threat assessment, which they didn't take seriously. They didn't disclosed they had a weapon in the house (we even ask about this for elementary students when threat assessments are done), and he was allowed to go back to class. 

OMGGGG!!! :deadbanana: What a colossal failure from everyone involved. 

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.
  • Thanks 1
SamanthaC
Just now, AnnaNicoleSmith said:

who gifts a gun for anything.... Im'...

To a 15 year old.

Americans that think you should be born holding one. 

Edited by SamanthaC
she/her/hers
  • Like 4
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
Speak Easy
1 hour ago, SamanthaC said:

To a 15 year old.

Americans that think you should be born holding one. 

Trust me when I say not all of us do. I live in Ohio, and there is alarming stark cultural difference and division in this state about it. People that live in the city (Columbus, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Dayton) tend to be very anti-gun… but drive 30 miles outside one of the major metros and it is TRUMPVILLE U.S.A.

I think it is changing though because more people are moving to liberal cities like Columbus and leaving those old backwoods bum ****ed Egypt towns.

• Like 4
SamanthaC
6 hours ago, Speak Easy said:

Trust me when I say not all of us do. I live in Ohio, and there is alarming stark cultural difference and division in this state about it. People that live in the city (Columbus, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Dayton) tend to be very anti-gun… but drive 30 miles outside one of the major metros and it is TRUMPVILLE U.S.A.

I think it is changing though because more people are moving to liberal cities like Columbus and leaving those old backwoods bum ****ed Egypt towns.

Oh I know. Try living in the South. :selena:

she/her/hers
Not The Real Gaga
10 hours ago, SamanthaC said:

And to add to it, the school did a threat assessment, which they didn't take seriously. They didn't disclose they had a weapon in the house (we even ask about this for elementary students when threat assessments are done), and he was allowed to go back to class. 

The fact that you even have to ask that is... unbelievable for me as someone outside the USA

:saladga:

• Like 1