đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why I think Gaga and Tony will win AOTY

lavender blonde

Featured Posts

L4S is the only AOTY contender that’s also nominated for best engineered album. And with the secret committee gone, I can actually see them winning.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lavender blonde
11 hours ago, Meat said:

L4S is the only AOTY contender that’s also nominated for best engineered album. And with the secret committee gone, I can actually see them winning.

Oh yes, I forgot about that! That's a very strong point

DoremonLove

Fingers crossed. Competition is tough. Rooting for tonyGa and i dont care if some childish stans will cry n hate bcoz who cares. We won over bts and they culdnt do anything.:party:

How can anoyone not love gaga

salty like sodium

The statue argument doesn't make any sense at all because

a) voters couldn't care less about how many statues need to be made for the winner, and neither do the Grammies: they cost them 15$ to make apiece, and they will be ordering hundreds anyway. An extra 2 or 3 won't make a difference.

b) it's probably like the Oscars where only a specific number of statues are made and the other contributors don't get one.  For example, it says here only people who have contributed to 33% or more of the album will get a statuette: https://www.grammy.com/sites/com/files/bluebook_awards_certs_and_grammy_tickets.pdf

In my opinion it feels weird that it's even nominated in this category.
I think it wouldn't feel right to let it win over massively successful albums like Sour, Evermore, Happier Than Ever and Planet Her (even though I'm neither a fan of Taylor nor of Olivia), you just can't deny that literally everyone talked about these albums.
Also I'm pretty sure most people would say that Gaga only won it because it's Tonys last album (and to be honest I'd also think that would be the reason behind that.)

On the one hand side I'd feel extremely happy for Gaga and Tony if they win AOTY, as the album clearly means a LOT to them, but on the other hand I'd kinda feel bad because I don't feel like it's strong enough to win against the competition. Where as BTW and (especially) TFM definitely deserved the award in my opinion (knowing that BTW lost it to 21 makes it understandable too me).

I'd rather see them win in some of the other categories, especially the one for the Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album, which would be inarguably well deserved. 

trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken but you can still see the crack in that ************s reflection.

Does anyone feel like Olivia's music is a bit... immature? The lyrics are kinda cringe...and lacks creativity and metaphor. Aside from Driver's License, I found most of the song lyricslly very basic. Sonically, I liked. Immaculate production and nice voice.

The theme of high school romance is so overdone... And in fact, TS has done it better in Fearless. I don't really think Olivia is a real contender for AoTY. She's nominated because she's the most successful artist of the year. Will prob get BNA and other categories tho.

26 minutes ago, vpez said:

I think it wouldn't feel right to let it win over massively successful albums like Sour, Evermore, Happier Than Ever and Planet Her (even though I'm neither a fan of Taylor nor of Olivia), you just can't deny that literally everyone talked about these albums.

Most successful and talked about album is NOT a guaranteed Grammy win. Divide, Scorpion, After Hours, Hollywood's Bleeding, ASIB, ANTi didn't win AoTY.

Golden Hour and Morning Phase, both not so successful albums did win.

Never say never bro!

StressedOut

I'm thinking L4S (Tony's last album), Jon Batiste (artist most aren't familiar with), and Billie (I just liked the album :billie:) have the best shot

I hadn't heard the Jon Batiste or HER albums before the nominations came out. HER album is produced well, but kinda same-y (in my opinion). Batiste album is incredibly varied and I think is pretty good!

I think other albums obviously still have a shot, due to how massive they all were, but idk... just missing some kind of IT factor. Doja, Olivia, and Lil Nas X will fare better in the record/song of year categories. 

23 minutes ago, Zaskar said:

Does anyone feel like Olivia's music is a bit... immature? The lyrics are kinda cringe...and lacks creativity and metaphor.

She's only 18 years only now, I think they're typical lyrics for someone aged 16-17, that's just out of their first heartbreak or something like that.

trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken but you can still see the crack in that ************s reflection.

21 minutes ago, Zaskar said:

Most successful and talked about album is NOT a guaranteed Grammy win. Divide, Scorpion, After Hours, Hollywood's Bleeding, ASIB, ANTi didn't win AoTY.

Golden Hour and Morning Phase, both not so successful albums did win.

Never say never bro!

I understand what you mean. But I didn't mean that it can't win it because it wasn't that successful, more like it wouldn't feel right (to me) if it does.

Anderson123

If Love For Sale wins Album of the Year it'd be a huge surprise but wouldn't mind if it goes to Happier Than Ever. To be honest I'm only expecting it to win Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album and the one I care about the most is ABBA taking Record of the Year or at least one of those honor awards they give every year.

55 minutes ago, vpez said:

In my opinion it feels weird that it's even nominated in this category.
Also I'm pretty sure most people would say that Gaga only won it because it's Tonys last album (and to be honest I'd also think that would be the reason behind that.)

On the one hand side I'd feel extremely happy for Gaga and Tony if they win AOTY, as the album clearly means a LOT to them, but on the other hand I'd kinda feel bad because I don't feel like it's strong enough to win against the competition. Where as BTW and (especially) TFM definitely deserved the award in my opinion (knowing that BTW lost it to 21 makes it understandable too me).

I'd rather see them win in some of the other categories, especially the one for the Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album, which would be inarguably well deserved. 

AOTY is not about commercial success. Otherwise Kacey Musgraves wouldn’t have won. Beck wouldn’t have won over Beyoncé’s highest selling album. 

Archived