💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Does Licorice Pizza rub you the wrong way?

Dennis

Featured Posts

So I wanted to see how many people are annoyed by this new movie. It's basically about a romance between a 15 year old and a 25 year woman. The age gap just rubs me the wrong way and it irritates me. And it annoys me that the critics are praising this and not paying any attention whatsoever to the normalization of pedophilia in it.

Obviously people will not be taking this seriously because the older person is the female. But people really don't realize that predatory behavior can happen in the opposite direction as well.

Maybe Ricky Gervais was right after all. Maybe Hollywood is just full of perverts?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Meruk Holland
7 minutes ago, Dennis said:

So I wanted to see how many people are annoyed by this new movie.

I saw the trailer when we went to go see House of Gucci, and it did annoy me, but mostly because it looked so boring and uninteresting. I just thought they were around the same age.

9 minutes ago, Dennis said:

Maybe Ricky Gervais was right after all. Maybe Hollywood is just full of perverts?

A stupid clock is right twice a day, I guess. But then, everywhere is full of perverts, Hollywood ain't special. 

I don't know I will have to see it, to see how they present the story. And is the guy really supposed to be 15 in the beginning? I thought it follows him after highschool..

They've been having stuff like this forever in movies but I guess it stands out more here since it's the woman who is older. Usually it's the other way around

i didn't even knew about this movie but the plot does seems controversial

maybe they director is trying to make a point? and the fact that critics are praising it can help to highlight a problem in our society that females can b predatory too! 

SharkmanthaC

The way I've watched this preview twice now with seeing HOG and the only thing I picked up on was that there were two Bradley Cooper movies being advertised. Honestly though, by watching the preview it doesn't really explain the plot line very well. I don't like the idea of glamourising relationships with minors like this, so it would probably bother me. Not sure it's one I will actually watch though.

she/her/hers

HuffsAhoy

See, this is a valid discussion to have; not like that other messy thread were the topic concerns two consenting adults. Also, I saw this trailer before HOG and it wasn't clear to me that he was in high school and she was 25 :wtfga: I thought it looked like a fun movie but knowing this context, I definitely will not be seeing it when it comes out. 

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

RAMROD

Yes, this trailer plays before HoG because they are by the same studios (MGM) 

And yes, it is not something I am interested in watching after reading the premise. But who knows. Maybe the ending will be the antithesis to that accusation?? There must be something happening in the movie that none of these career reviewers are not going all bent out of shape already 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

TEANUS

OT: That monologue is iconic, the celebrities’ reactions say it all

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

2 hours ago, Ivy said:

I don't know I will have to see it, to see how they present the story. And is the guy really supposed to be 15 in the beginning? I thought it follows him after highschool..

They've been having stuff like this forever in movies but I guess it stands out more here since it's the woman who is older. Usually it's the other way around

Yes the guy is 15 and 17 irl (at the time of filming), and you can hear it in the trailer

CannaeDrive
2 hours ago, Chromatography said:

at first i thought you meant the actual food, lol

I can't even imagine, and don't want to, how disgusting this sh*t would look & taste :saladga:

As for the movie in question, the "story" seems a bit too boring for my taste, I'll pass.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

androiduser

but movies tell stories about things that happen in life... relationships like that exist, whether they are right or wrong.

Not to mention that pedophilia is attraction to children, not 15 year old minors.

littleFandor
2 hours ago, Dennis said:

And it annoys me that the critics are praising this and not paying any attention whatsoever to the normalization of pedophilia in it.

Pedophilia is a psychiatric disorder and something completely different than everything shown in the trailer. You can read up some definitions. There are also countries in the western world where the legal age of consent ist 14.

Stef666

Are we sure it's not portraying pedophilia in a bad way tho? Just because it has pedophilia in it doesn't mean it's glorifying it. I'd rather have movies tackling this issue than complete erasure of it.

IM GOING TO TAKE A S**T ON MY LAPTOP AND THROW IT LIKE A FRISBY YOU F***ING B**CH

Archived