Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

AjayII disrespects Tony Bennett

Pretty Savage

Featured Posts

LateToCult

Her saying this is balanced out by how she swiftly said she’s never heard Butter by BTS then kept it moving.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Chromatica said:

let’s not shade her for giving the least elegant version of what is true. 

With respect, this is the whole point. The way people choose to express themselves on social media is not inconsqeuential. It matters. Good manners are the glue that holds civilisation together. She forgot hers there. 

TipsyGagaFan
1 hour ago, Chromatica said:

this album is a wonderful achievement but let’s not shade her for giving the least elegant version of what is true. 

Let me ask you sis, when the doctor tells you you’re dying, would you like for them to be respectful about it, or to say something like “Lol you’re dying, but hey maybe people will do something nice for you!” :ohwell:

I’m tired and angry but somebody should be

PatrickMonster
1 hour ago, Chromatica said:

This is gonna come off as flame but because people are sending her hate for stating the truth

Love for Sale underperformed in sales and wasn’t particularly well received critically. It’s ridiculous that an album of not especially imaginative takes on Cole Porter standards is up for album of the year. That’s not to shade Tony who is admirable for even still working at this point in his career. The excessive amount of nominations is clearly because the academy wants to pay tribute to Tony. 

this album is a wonderful achievement but let’s not shade her for giving the least elegant version of what is true. 

No no, that is your OPINION (which is fine you can have any opinion you want) but not the truth

Roseblud Kisses

Two matters:

Her comment is absolutely false. She claims he’s only nominated because “he’s at the end of his life” or whatever is completely dumb because he’s been nominated his entire life. Him being nominated for L4S is consistent with his 60 year career. She was idiotic to suggest favoritism because of his age.

Secondly, more corrosive is her attitude towards people suffering from a disease. Her casual mockery of his condition is utterly reprehensible. In fact his Alzheimers to me so heartbreaking to witness, even as a casual fan, so for her to trivialize the suffering he and his close ones are experiencing is really tacky.

Skinni Pussi ConfirmedT

LilyLark
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

She didn't really lie though. His health is deteriorating and they try to show appreciation while he's still here

I think the point is she could have worded it in that matter...as in, this nomination is more of a tribute to his legacy and contribution to his music rather than basically going "oops, he's about to die."

That said, again, she does this on purpose for clicks. No one out of stan twitter even knows who she is....and so fans freaking out about her on twitter and/or giving her youtube channel hits are giving her exactly what she wants.

She is a mess... even pretend that she doesnt know Butter by BTS :triggered:

I dont listen to Kpop... but Butter? Srsly?

She said that L4S is not gonna win, but she even doesnt listen to it :excuseu: 

Queen Gloria

I've never liked her, tbh. Her whole personality annoys me and I often don't agree with her musical opinions. 

TipsyGagaFan

Tbh tho I’m not sure why anyone’s surprised. She’s well known for saying the most toxic, flamebait stuff possible just to get attention. She revels in negative attention.

I’m tired and angry but somebody should be

AJRocketMan
3 hours ago, TipsyGagaFan said:

I haven’t listened to either of their albums cuz jazz ain’t my thing, lmao

This is an understandable statement, one that I used to share, but I think you might be missing out on some wonderful music. Jazz isn’t a monolith like 21st century artists paint it as (Gaga included, sadly). In fact, there are many different styles of it, so there’s something out there for everybody. To me the absolute best Jazz music is from the early days, when it was pop music. 1920’s and 1930’s is best, since that was more upbeat and fun.

Gaga and Tony’s albums, as nice as they are, are not real Jazz music, but rather what they do is called Easy-Listening. It’s a more relaxed, less dynamic, more vocally-focused form of Jazz. This is the era Tony is from so it isn’t too surprising that their music is like this; But the flappers and sheiks of the 1920s would have never called it “real Jazz music”. If you like upbeat music you might like the edgier Jazz from the ‘20s and ‘30s.

1 hour ago, SkinniPussi2002 said:

Two matters:

Her comment is absolutely false. She claims he’s only nominated because “he’s at the end of his life” or whatever is completely dumb because he’s been nominated his entire life. Him being nominated for L4S is consistent with his 60 year career. She was idiotic to suggest favoritism because of his age.

Secondly, more corrosive is her attitude towards people suffering from a disease. Her casual mockery of his condition is utterly reprehensible. In fact his Alzheimers to me so heartbreaking to witness, even as a casual fan, so for her to trivialize the suffering he and his close ones are experiencing is really tacky.

70 years in fact. His first single “Because of You” came out in 1951.

Wow. Please change thread title to

« youtuber and most people on ggd disrespect Tony Bennett »

not impressed by the first page of this thread. Heads up. I stopped reading after first page. 

WORLDofGAGA

Yes I’m sure she didn’t mean to be rude and defined should have chosen better words, because if someone said that about my grandparent or loved one I would have be really hurt, it comes off as being disrespectful.

@W0RLDofGAGA

lmao @ the people defending her. How do YOU know for sure that he was only nominated because of his condition?? you guys rubbing elbows with the academy members and heard that? you people are downplaying his merits because of your tabloid speculation. disgusting behavior. "we all know she's right" ugh

Archived