movie

Ariana Grande & Cynthia Erivo To Star In ‘Wicked’ Film Adaption

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Meredith Grey

The fact this this was my exact fan casting from like three years ago is hilarious to me. I really manifested

Wow just yesterday I was watching an interview with the cast of Dune and Cynthia was the interviewer, after reading the comments I found out she was a phenomenal singer and a broadway star. And now this! :diane: 

I just know that Kristin is so happy for Ari. She truly helped lead her to this moment. I love theatre people.

GAMS, gay popstar

Alannah

I was so convinced it'd be Ari as Elphaba and Dove Cameron as Glinda - I'm so excited to see Cynthia as Elphaba! And, of course, excited to see Ariana as Glinda. 

Thomas P

This is a bigger deal to Ariana than any of her music accomplishments :icega:

Once a theatre kid, always a theatre kid.

Im so excited for Cynthia, one of the most talented actresses/vocalists of this generation

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

One of my favorite Ariana clips is her doing a song from Wicked.  She totally slays it.  I'm so happy she got this part now.

I live outside the space time continuum.

That's exciting! Love to see it. Ariana was an actress before singing career lol so I see ha slaying!

AndrewGr
9 minutes ago, Ronk said:

One of my favorite Ariana clips is her doing a song from Wicked.  She totally slays it.  I'm so happy she got this part now.

Thankfully she didn't get this part cause she absolutely doesn't have the vocals for Elphaba. She'll be an interesting Glinda with some work on her soprano register. 

badfaith
34 minutes ago, Blastertoyo said:

Ariana suits this much more than Gaga 

Who wanted Gaga to do Wicked :billie:?

Anyways, I hope she changes her enunciation while performing cause :huntyga: I mean I understand her perfectly fine but the theater kids will be coming for her neck

Blastertoyo
3 minutes ago, badfaith said:

Who wanted Gaga to do Wicked?

Anyways, I hope she changes her enunciation while performing cause :huntyga: I mean I understand her perfectly fine but the theater kids will be coming for her neck

ppl in the gal gadot thread mentioned this as a potential role for her 

I want gaga to do Disney but she’s running out of chances with remakes tbh 

how iconic tho if Ari was a princess and Gaga was the villain 

please enlighten me to death

Archived