đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Maid on Netflix

InTheCloset

Featured Posts

Just now, InTheCloset said:

so i know it will stress u out and if you are in a mental state where you can watch something u should. it is really good and the ending makes it worth it.

i finished it too :ally:

InTheCloset

so my final thoughts on the show. beautifully done, the acting is really good. and it shows the honest picture of domestic abuse and how many forms it can take and how hard it can be to actually escape from it even though you know you are being or have been abused. 

its a spoiler but her mother staying kind of further shows the long term damage such conditions can have on a person. eventually such behavior can become normalized or the person can become accustomed to it. like she stays even though the new guy doesnt seem good.

and i personally have been having a hard time and usually i would avoid watching such shows but it changed my perspective, that how many problems a person can have. it did not invalidate my experience or my problems but it made me realize that how lucky i am to have been sent to the best institutions and i actually have a chance of making it to another country. 

another thing i cant stop thinking about is the human nature. our inherent need for love. and love is defined biologically as a release of oxytocin but in behavioral sciences its defined as 'joy and acceptance', accepting a person for what they are n not the potential u see in them. and this gets tricky because many victims and abusers use this way of thinking and victims are often  guilted by others into accepting a person's bad behavior(the way her dad says that sean needs her the most at this time and she is leaving him). and how at times we are hoping and willing to make something work even though we know that it is bad for us. 

it is also very thought provoking. people, specially women go through it. sometimes we dont realize how lucky we are to have what we have.

it is worth watching. i would definitely recommend it if you can stand it. beautifully done.

The abyss stares back

InTheCloset
8 hours ago, dojo said:

i finished it too :ally:

it was good. it was so good. i was just sad that (spoiler) her mom didnt leave but that showed how abuse can affect you in long term, that you accept it. 

The abyss stares back

InTheCloset

i also really liked what they did in episode 9. it was a new beginning for her again and it was juxtaposed with spring. at first when she arrives again at the shelter there are two (maybe 1) flowers and later as time goes by spring comes into full bloom. 

The abyss stares back

InTheCloset

watch it people and give your opinions. and recommend some novels or shows with similar themes

The abyss stares back

1 hour ago, InTheCloset said:

it was good. it was so good. i was just sad that her mom didnt leave but that showed how abuse can affect you in long term, that you accept it. 

omg you should put that on spoilers :bradley:

Flawless
3 hours ago, InTheCloset said:

i just finished watching it and it was sooooo good. the ending was really good.i honestly wanted to beat the shot out of alex's good for nothing dad, like wtf. 

I said it! the end makes every stress this show puts you through worth it! I loves too

the scars on my mind are on replay.

InTheCloset
7 hours ago, dojo said:

omg you should put that on spoilers :bradley:

just fixed it

The abyss stares back

InTheCloset
6 hours ago, Jase said:

Just finished Midnight Mass and Squid Game so this is next on my to watch list!

how is midnight mass? i have heard good things about it and i love horror/thriller but for some reason i couldnt watch it. i watched maybe two and a half episodes but didnt get interested

The abyss stares back

InTheCloset

i hate to say it again but i just hate alex's dad. and then he had the audacity to pray and be godly.. :saladga:

and sadly thats the reality for most people

The abyss stares back

Archived