Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Critically acclaimed movies that you despise?

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

ProfessionalClown
3 hours ago, Chromatography said:

not necessarily universal critical acclaim, but it’s hard nowadays for horror movies to be considered good by critic standards.

i hate the conjuring. i think the story is boring and the characters are dull. i remember reading a critic saying it was the “gold standard” for modern horror and i was disgusted. 

SAME. I honestly love the second one but I didn’t like the first at all.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ProfessionalClown
24 minutes ago, Cersei Lannister said:

The Shape of Water was foolish, predictable, and reductive and it never should have won best picture :reductive:

I respectfully respect your wrong opinion. Guillermo Del Toro is a genius 

SharkmanthaC
14 minutes ago, River said:

I'm more into Disney ships :flutter:

What ships does Disney have? Pirates and Little Mermaid? :oprah:

she/her/hers

GipJo

If we have to talk about critic acclaimed films, we should look at critic publishers.

Cahiers du Cinéma is considered one of the most influential critic publisher, but I really hate/dislike most of films of their acclaimed lists. They go all the way for indie films that's so abstract or obscure, I really don't like them.

Prostitute Barbie
15 minutes ago, ProfessionalClown said:

I respectfully respect your wrong opinion. Guillermo Del Toro is a genius 

And I respectfully respect your mental instability 

Taylucifer

Rango, idk if it's critically acclaimed but it is the one movie I remember watching as a child and thinking that it was literally the most boring thing I have ever watched

The Tortured Poets Department is out NOW

PartySick

Literally any movie with Adam Sandler or Jim Carrey :wtf: half their "comedy" is lowbrow and unoriginal slapstick, stunts even a frat boy would find immature, or them doing a stupid voice.

💚

A MESS
3 hours ago, Meruk Holland said:

One of my favorite YouTube essayists got dog-piled for her comparing it to Avatar: The Last Airbender, because of similar plot lines, including the redemption arc for antagonists, so I saw that as a good sign. 

We all know 3/4 of those accounts where white people or Q-anon redditists, asian people were not offended in the slightest.

2 hours ago, Helxig said:

I watched Pulp Fiction once years ago and didn't really like it, but I was very tired and not in the mood so I might need to give it another go.

Also in the same vain I saw Rocky Horror Picture Show when I was like 15 and didn't like it... but again, wrong circumstances. I was an internally homophobic, terrified, closeted little gay back then, watching it with my mum and friend, so I think I definitely need to rewatch it as the fabulous ***g*t I am now as an adult :laughga: 

Yes for Pulp Fiction, same. As for RHPS, it is unapologetically queer and a happy clash of moments. You have to remember that.

2 hours ago, Stephen said:

Joker.

And I’m a MASSIVE fan of DC Comics and the character of the Joker. That movie was garbage, I’m sorry. 

It's because of the straights for me.

1 hour ago, SamanthaC said:

I can understand how watching a movie with a lot of (rich) people like you can be boring but for those of us that don’t have multiple bathrooms, we like to see how your kind live. 

Don't let @Economyread this or he'll open some new thread about their diamond encrusted Rolls Royce or their spaceship seat next to Bezos

57 minutes ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

Don’t tell me you wouldn’t  let that anamorphic sea creature do a little boat ridin 

Blocking immediately

51 minutes ago, Cookie Woman said:

Brokeback Mountain

20 minutes ago, GipJo said:

If we have to talk about critic acclaimed films, we should look at critic publishers.

Cahiers du Cinéma is considered one of the most influential critic publisher, but I really hate/dislike most of films of their acclaimed lists. They go all the way for indie films that's so abstract or obscure, I really don't like them.

Thank you for the website recommendation, can't wait to watch impossible movies and go down a rabbit hole trying to understand them and then reference them at any given time so that people think I'm more snob than they thought initially

14 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Literally any movie with Adam Sandler or Jim Carrey :wtf: half their "comedy" is lowbrow and unoriginal slapstick, stunts even a frat boy would find immature, or them doing a stupid voice.

Pleeeease, white male comedy is so boring. I always have the urge to sleep when I see those kind of movie

Генерал Марина Абрамовић

Helxig
2 hours ago, JanStan said:

The way I LOVED Gravity though lol

I saw it twice! It moved me so much the first time I had to take other people to see it too

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

A MESS

Controversial yet brave, all of Marvel's movie (up until the point I saw them).

They use the same voice for every character, they all feel like the sheet and brag and try to do straight comedy while the world around them crumble, that's so booooring. They wanted to use the same formula for every character, is like watching the latest seasons of drag race, you can see the logic behind the writing but not behind the personality. Can we have some seriousness? Can we have some layers? I think I haven't seen the last arc because I felt it was going worse and worse by the movie. I like the Peter Parker Spiderman because he is like that, he does teen jokes while fighting and that's okay, but all the others? 

Генерал Марина Абрамовић

ProfessionalClown
49 minutes ago, Cersei Lannister said:

And I respectfully respect your mental instability 

You’re actually not wrong tbh

ProfessionalClown
9 minutes ago, A MESS said:

Controversial yet brave, all of Marvel's movie (up until the point I saw them).

They use the same voice for every character, they all feel like the sheet and brag and try to do straight comedy while the world around them crumble, that's so booooring. They wanted to use the same formula for every character, is like watching the latest seasons of drag race, you can see the logic behind the writing but not behind the personality. Can we have some seriousness? Can we have some layers? I think I haven't seen the last arc because I felt it was going worse and worse by the movie. I like the Peter Parker Spiderman because he is like that, he does teen jokes while fighting and that's okay, but all the others? 

Your name fits 

Spoiler

Jk Kimora I love ya

ProfessionalClown
1 hour ago, Cookie Woman said:

Brokeback Mountain

How dare you disrespect Jake Gyllenhaal getting an a$$ full of beans to bottom on the countryside 

ProfessionalClown
2 hours ago, Stephen said:

Joker.

And I’m a MASSIVE fan of DC Comics and the character of the Joker. That movie was garbage, I’m sorry. 

I’m actually curious about what about the movie you don’t like tbh. As someone struggling with mental illness and kinda went through the same thing within family, it’s like in my top 5 of all time :fatcat:

but everyone has different vibes so still love ya :vegas:

Archived