lgbt

Gay Korean soldiers imprisoned for consensual sex

Featured Posts

Werk

A South Korean military court has been accused of discriminating against s3xual minorities after it f0und 2 male soldiers guilty of indecency for engaging in consensual oral sex.

The ruling, which took place in March but emerged last w33k, found the soldiers’ actions “bordered on rape” and handed them a six-month suspended prison sentence by applying the controversial article 92-6 of the Military Criminal Act.

According to an eight-page ruling seen by the Guardian, in December 2020 a soldier entered another’s tent over the course of 2 nights at a time when they were part of a group isolating due to Covid-19. By engaging in mutual oral sex, they “molested” one another, the ruling reads.

The pair’s lawyer said the act “was consensual” and therefore they were innocent. The court disagreed. It interpreted that oral sex, according to the military code, “bordered on rape”. The defendants’ conduct, it said, “is considered contrary to good sexual morality,” and was “seriously infringing” on the maintenance of military discipline.

While homosexuality is not illegal in South Korea, it remains taboo in a largely conservative society. President Moon Jae-in – a former human rights lawyer – said prior to becoming president that he was against homosexuality and “did not like it”.

Gay soldiers can be prosecuted. In 2017, article 92-6 was used to indiscriminately monitor and punish gay men in the military, a move human rights campaigners at the time called a “witch-hunt”. More than 20 people were charged. There are also cases of gay soldiers being sent to psychiatric wards.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2021/jun/15/south-korea-says-consensual-sex-act-between-male-soldiers-bordered-on

I told @BUtterfield 8 to thread this but he wouldn't so I took his place and even copied some of his letter changes nnn

Edited by Werk
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 25
Modern Ecstacy
7 minutes ago, Werk said:

President Moon Jae-in – a former human rights lawyer – said prior to becoming president that he was against homosexuality and “did not like it”.

huh? a former humans rights lawyer?

• Like 8
weed
4 minutes ago, Modern Ecstacy said:

huh? a former humans rights lawyer?

As in fighting to take away human rights it seems lmao

• LMAO 6
  • Sad 1
littlepotter

That's so sad :( I'm glad it's only six months

highly emotional era
Melancholia

i'm a kpop fan but i can admit how fcked the country is socially. the young are so liberal but as always... the young have no power when it's all crusty old men making up these cruel rules.

• Like 2
Kadikaado

This is disgusting! 

I am authistic, so don't be offended if I make a mess sometimes.
Phlop
12 minutes ago, Kadikaado said:

This is disgusting! 

It consensual blowjobs how is that disgusting

Edited by Phlop
BYE
robboadam

Was the picture really necessary? Do we need to sexualise and fetishise every gay news story?

It’s a pretty devastating story about two consensual lovers, but hey ‘let’s put a picture of a load of hunky Korean guys to get those clicks’

Cmon, we’re better than this.

Werk
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, robboadam said:

Was the picture really necessary? Do we need to sexualise and fetishise every gay news story?

It’s a pretty devastating story about two consensual lovers, but hey ‘let’s put a picture of a load of hunky Korean guys to get those clicks’

Cmon, we’re better than this.

Sorry about that I copied this from ATRL, I agree, I removed it now.

Edited by Werk
  • Love 3
Kadikaado
2 hours ago, Phlop said:

I was talking about "Gay Korean soldiers imprisoned for consensual sex".

I am authistic, so don't be offended if I make a mess sometimes.
  • Like 1
InstantDejavu

Screamed at "former human rights lawyer is against homosexuality" LMAO. Talk about the definition of being hypocrite.

These countries still live in the 1700s I swear. 

Living

Really shocked this is from SK, I had no idea homosexuality is still a taboo in their society.

A MESS
6 hours ago, Phlop said:

you really took upon you to do this everytime eh

Phlop
4 hours ago, Kadikaado said:

I was talking about "Gay Korean soldiers imprisoned for consensual sex".

Oh lol I read it wrong :toofunny:

BYE