Jump to content

MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

celeb

Salma Hayek opens up about her weight and aging


Featured Posts

Aphasic

https://people.com/health/salma-hayek-is-having-trouble-losing-the-weight-she-gained-for-house-of-gucci/

The star basically speaks about how easy is to put on weight and how hard it is to lose it. She also spoke about how people "society" expects a woman to remain attractive while aging or they are expected not to age.

 

The last part is SO true specially in the entertainment industry. No wonder why women go through tons of procedures to look "their best".

  • Like 8
  • Love 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
FudgeyBear

I’m turning 30 this year and when the pandemic began I, like most people, struggled to work out and my diet went to poop. I’ve been historically lean and during the bulk of the pandemic I’ve put on about 20 lbs and it’s really hard on my psyche some days. Since I am getting older, I’ve noticed it’s pretty hard to take off, even when I’m eating healthy and exercising.  I know there are a lot of people feeling this way too.

  • Like 10
  • Love 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
imnotyourbabe10
1 minute ago, FudgeyBear said:

I’m turning 30 this year and when the pandemic began I, like most people, struggled to work out and my diet went to poop. I’ve been historically lean and during the bulk of the pandemic I’ve put on about 20 lbs and it’s really hard on my psyche some days. Since I am getting older, I’ve noticed it’s pretty hard to take off, even when I’m eating healthy and exercising.  I know there are a lot of people feeling this way too.

Thank you for sharing your experience. I echo all of your sentiments. Been hard turning 30, metabolism slowing down, pandemic impact. Even dieting and decent cardio hasn’t been helping much.
 

Anyway, in solidarity around screwing the norm of what’s expected of all our bodies. I have seen too many family and friends be hard on themselves. Easier said than done to reframe things in one’s mind when the pressure is all around. 

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Aphasic
7 minutes ago, FudgeyBear said:

I’m turning 30 this year and when the pandemic began I, like most people, struggled to work out and my diet went to poop. I’ve been historically lean and during the bulk of the pandemic I’ve put on about 20 lbs and it’s really hard on my psyche some days. Since I am getting older, I’ve noticed it’s pretty hard to take off, even when I’m eating healthy and exercising.  I know there are a lot of people feeling this way too.

I gained close to 35lbs during this pandemic. I might use the weight to build a stronger body.

  • LMAO 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Aphasic
12 minutes ago, imnotyourbabe10 said:

Thank you for sharing your experience. I echo all of your sentiments. Been hard turning 30, metabolism slowing down, pandemic impact. Even dieting and decent cardio hasn’t been helping much.
 

Anyway, in solidarity around screwing the norm of what’s expected of all our bodies. I have seen too many family and friends be hard on themselves. Easier said than done to reframe things in one’s mind when the pressure is all around. 

Tell me! I'm approaching 35 and my metabolism packed its bags in the middle of the night and left without saying goodbye! 

  • Like 1
  • LMAO 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
FudgeyBear

Going down this rabbit hole a bit further, ageism in the gay community scares me as I get older. I’m smart and I know that you shouldn’t care what people think, but it is a weird transition when people don’t even want to be your friend because you’re older (not that 30 is even old, but there’s still the stigma of basically expiring by the time you reach 30+). I’ve been going through the motions of thinking about this a lot during the past few months and I’m working to accept it, but damn it’s hard. 

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
LaLuna

This is why I could never be a celebrity. Being a woman in this society is hard enough (having people constantly ask you why you still don't have kids is SOOOO much fun :fatcat:), I imagine being a woman in the public eye is 100x harder. I couldn't handle the constant scrutiny and criticism and people on social media telling me I'm fat and that I should kill myself :saladga:

Edited by LaLuna
FATHER, SON, HOUSE OF GUCCI
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Aphasic
1 minute ago, FudgeyBear said:

Going down this rabbit hole a bit further, ageism in the gay community scares me as I get older. I’m smart and I know that you shouldn’t care what people think, but it is a weird transition when people don’t even want to be your friend because you’re older (not that 30 is even old, but there’s still the stigma of basically expiring by the time you reach 30+). I’ve been going through the motions of thinking about this a lot during the past few months and I’m working to accept it, but damn it’s hard. 

We are young still in our 30s but I do wonder how some will fare. I don't honestly feel scared or bad about aging but I do admit that many people in our community doesn't see aging as a good thing. We sorta forget that we have little or much due to those older brave gay men. They risked their jobs, relationships with their parents, etc. for the community to have rights that we didn't have. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Aphasic
Just now, LaLuna said:

This is why I could never be a celebrity. Being a woman in this society is hard enough (having people constantly ask you why you still don't have kids is SOOOO much fun :fatcat:), I imagine being a woman in the public eye is 100x harder. I couldn't handle the constant scrutiny and criticism and people on social media tell me I'm fat and that I should kill myself :saladga:

Same and I even get that from my mom who knows I'm gay and I don't want to adopt. But I understand how for women it must be harassing like. 

I think Jennifer Aniston has talked about how she felt pressured to have babies at one point in her life and she said that motherhood wasn't a priority for her. Good for her. Motherhood is nobody's business but only the one who wants or not to have a baby. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
LaLuna
12 minutes ago, Aphasic said:

Same and I even get that from my mom who knows I'm gay and I don't want to adopt. But I understand how for women it must be harassing like. 

I think Jennifer Aniston has talked about how she felt pressured to have babies at one point in her life and she said that motherhood wasn't a priority for her. Good for her. Motherhood is nobody's business but only the one who wants or not to have a baby. 

Honestly the only thing that would make me want to have a baby is the fear of missing out. People always tell you that you don't know what true love is until you've held your baby in your arms, and sometimes I'm like, okay, maybe I made a mistake and I'll regret it at some point. But I'm 39 and I really think that if I was meant to have kids, I would've had them by now. Plus I'm single and at my age there's a pretty damn good chance that my next boyfriend will have kids from a previous relationship, so there's that I guess.

Edited by LaLuna
FATHER, SON, HOUSE OF GUCCI
Link to post
Share on other sites
Der Meister
46 minutes ago, FudgeyBear said:

I’m turning 30 this year and when the pandemic began I, like most people, struggled to work out and my diet went to poop. I’ve been historically lean and during the bulk of the pandemic I’ve put on about 20 lbs and it’s really hard on my psyche some days. Since I am getting older, I’ve noticed it’s pretty hard to take off, even when I’m eating healthy and exercising.  I know there are a lot of people feeling this way too.

Please ignore all the preconception in our culture about being 30.  Don't let a number or other people define who you are.  Put in your mindset that have you just reached a new era. Plus you survived the pandemic! You will lose the weight just as fast as put if you are willing to do the work. Don't give up!

& Enjoy life :vegas:

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Shipper

Im turning 30 this year too. Sending love to all the early 90s babies here.

 My main issue is lack of energy. If i dont drink my coffee or get my sleep, i feel so tired in the middle of the day. Im in a master's program right now and i feel like my brain isnt as sharp and fast as it used to be. The younger students can easily retain information and recollect them but for me i find mine is slower. 

Im an introvert through and through but this pandemic gave me an excuse to not leave home and just be cozy in my cave--and not meeting up with friends. Something good did happen though and i got into a relationship online and so far i feel like ive been focusing more on that and not the program i am in. 

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
JanStan

I don’t understand the people saying that being gay and growing older makes it harder to date/make friends. This is most likely true if you are trying to make friends and date people that are much younger than you. Most gay people I know (or people in general) have circles of friends and acquaintances that are around there own age group. Maybe I’m naive but I don’t understand why turning a certain age equates to making it harder to meet people.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Aphasic
4 hours ago, JanStan said:

I don’t understand the people saying that being gay and growing older makes it harder to date/make friends. This is most likely true if you are trying to make friends and date people that are much younger than you. Most gay people I know (or people in general) have circles of friends and acquaintances that are around there own age group. Maybe I’m naive but I don’t understand why turning a certain age equates to making it harder to meet people.

 

The reality is that older people sometimes are looking for for what they don't have anymore: youth and young generations are becoming less and less interested in character, humor, personality and more and more about looks: if you're young and hot it doesn't matter if you are a terrible person because society has become more superficial.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
TSUNAMI
7 hours ago, FudgeyBear said:

I’m turning 30 this year and when the pandemic began I, like most people, struggled to work out and my diet went to poop. I’ve been historically lean and during the bulk of the pandemic I’ve put on about 20 lbs and it’s really hard on my psyche some days. Since I am getting older, I’ve noticed it’s pretty hard to take off, even when I’m eating healthy and exercising.  I know there are a lot of people feeling this way too.

I'm turning 30 in a year and I feel better than ever. 

I look better than ever. 

I feel like I've hit puberty :ladyhaha:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...