💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

20 Years of the Drowned World Tour

27monster27

Featured Posts

27monster27

(It started on June 9th, so sorry for being a bit late.)

Madonna's critically acclaimed Drowned World Tour commenced on June 9th, 2001 in Barcelona. The tour was loved by pretty much everyone that saw it. Notable praise went out to the staging, dancing, and Madonna's vocal abilities.

Check out the opening night here:

he/him/his

bionic

My favorite 2 performances from this show

This tour shows that Madonna doesn't need all the 'big show' stuff to be a great performer. It all enhances her star quality

buy bionic

HuffsAhoy

The performance of Frozen from this tour was the first live performance of Madonna I ever saw. I was entranced the entire time and it's what started my journey down the rabbit hole that is Madonna :giveup:

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

Inferno

Its always been disappointing that Ray of Light didn't get its own focused visual tour. her iconography for that record wouldve made for a beautiful tour, but instead she paired it with her Music record which is one of her ugliest visually imo and among my least favorite in her discog. So its kind of like bittersweet imo.

Phlop
4 hours ago, Inferno said:

Its always been disappointing that Ray of Light didn't get its own focused visual tour. her iconography for that record wouldve made for a beautiful tour, but instead she paired it with her Music record which is one of her ugliest visually imo and among my least favorite in her discog. So its kind of like bittersweet imo.

I loved Music. Music, Impressive Instant, Nobody’s Perfect, Don’t Tell Me are amazing. It’s a short album though.

The drowned world tour matches more with RoL anyway. Even the name of the tour.

BYE

• 2 weeks later...
Inferno
On 6/14/2021 at 1:35 AM, Phlop said:

I loved Music. Music, Impressive Instant, Nobody’s Perfect, Don’t Tell Me are amazing. It’s a short album though.

The drowned world tour matches more with RoL anyway. Even the name of the tour.

the costuming was very music era though, very tacky vs. the fashion during ray of light.

its one of my least favorite albums/eras on the whole but I still like a few tracks

Future Lovers
On 6/14/2021 at 12:10 AM, Inferno said:

Music record which is one of her ugliest visually imo and among my least favorite in her discog. So its kind of like bittersweet imo.

It is an ugly era visually but I will not stand for the slander of the actual music of her fourth best album. 

Inferno
5 minutes ago, Forbidden Love said:

It is an ugly era visually but I will not stand for the slander of the actual music of her fourth best album. 

Id say fourth worst  :oops: lol I like a few tracks but I find it to be so blah like... it was very much the transitional period between the more solid conceptual albums Ray of Light and American Life. Music has an identity crisis imo but its still got some solid songs.

JusKeepBreathin
On 6/14/2021 at 12:10 AM, Inferno said:

Music is easily the better record it is the more experimental, the start of hyperpop. It was also the better record lyrically although not by much because ROL was also a gem lyrically. 

ROL was a huge hit but Music is an underappreciated master piece.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Inferno
2 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Music is easily the better record it is the more experimental, the start of hyperpop. It was also the better record lyrically although not by much because ROL was also a gem lyrically. 

ROL was a huge hit but Music is an underappreciated master piece.

Totally disagree and find this take entirely unfounded, like absolutely not lol :triggered:

But I do think it has some quality like I don't hate it by any means. I do think it was visually ugly af tho lol

JusKeepBreathin
1 minute ago, Inferno said:

Totally disagree and find this take entirely unfounded, like absolutely not lol :triggered:

Those two albums could not have blended together more perfectly for this tour. She worked with almost all the same producers it was a perfect follow up to ROL. 

Also the LOL was extremely disrespectful. If you are incapable of having conversations what's the point of being on a forum other than just to troll. 

I won't be replying again. You don't deserve the attention. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Archived