Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Billie Eilish - Lost Cause (out now)

alsemanche

Featured Posts

Chesescake
1 minute ago, FFXIV WhiteMage said:

It’s okay. Maybe it’s just a promotional single.

No it's the fourth single...

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
edengowon

y'all are so dramatic.

i really like this. the issue is that everyone expects something maximalist when such a big popstar releases a new song and when it's so stripped back, you're all disappointed.

my second favourite of the four.

the artist formerly known as melancholia

Stephen

Why does she insist on singing like that? I just want her to speak up :bear:

She has a nice voice idk why she doesn't SING. The whispering is so tired

Anyway the video is super cute. Nice to see her having fun 

FFXIV WhiteMage
2 minutes ago, Frybean said:

No it's the fourth single...

Well they better make it a promotion single :billie:

Enzo

not really feeling this song neither

I'm fearing I won't like her album :messga: 

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

TasteLikeWhiskey

I love the song! The recording is perrrrrfect (as usual).

The music video is meh, though.

Will be streaming this on Spotify, instead of on Youtube. 

Your Power had power on both platforms.

I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong

Alannah
Just now, Melancholia said:

y'all are so dramatic.

i really like this. the issue is that everyone expects something maximalist when such a big popstar releases a new song and when it's so stripped back, you're all disappointed.

Exactly!

It's reminiscent of early 2000's coffeehouse/folk pop, too. The sound is recycled (as all sound is, tbh), but it has the spin of her voice and style. "Boring" doesn't always equate to bad. Nora Jones, Feist, Fiona Apple - all of these women have the "same" sound throughout their discography and still serve every time. 

alsemanche
2 minutes ago, Melancholia said:

y'all are so dramatic.

My future is one of my fav songs by her and I LOVE your power. This one is just not as good for me, regardless of whether it's a bop or not. I might like it more after a few listens. 

I really don't like the "GIVE US BOPS OR DIE" thing fans do at all tbh. I'm all for stripped back stuff. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Cameltoe Chariot

Your Power is the only single from this album that has wowed me, everything else has felt like something was missing. This track is alright, but the lyrics are pretty shallow (especially for Billie) and the video was embarrassingly basic compared to what she's done in the past.

Horny girl sleepover with everyone twerking and rolling around on each other... I have to laugh :billie:

Is she about to have ha sophomore slump? Nothing seems to be sticking and her label is putting so much money behind her :bear:

Agunimon

she really did a full 180 with her image though

and yet her music is the complete opposite than I expect with her new image tbh

not really into any of these songs enough to revisit. they're good, though. know what I mean? 

like if they were served to me at a restaurant I'd rate it highly but I wouldn't necessarily go back to said restaurant for that but I wouldn't send it back if I were to go and it was on the table.

edengowon
1 minute ago, Alannah said:

Exactly!

It's reminiscent of early 2000's coffeehouse/folk pop, too. The sound is recycled (as all sound is, tbh), but it has the spin of her voice and style. "Boring" doesn't always equate to bad. Nora Jones, Feist, Fiona Apple - all of these women have the "same" sound throughout their discography and still serve every time. 

definitely!!

i like that billie's going for a more relaxed sound. there's definitely a pressure for her to make huge pop songs and i'm actually really glad she's sticking with an acousitc/folky sound throughout the album instead.

the artist formerly known as melancholia

RahrahWitch

Not sure how I feel, It's chill but all the singles have felt a little flat for me apart from my future. :fatcat:

Archived