💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Billie Eilish earns her biggest week ever with Hit Me Hard and Soft

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby
Posted (edited)

Billie Eilish’s new studio album Hit Me Hard and Soft debuts with 339,000 equivalent album units earned — Eilish’s biggest week ever. Of that sum, album sales comprise 191,000 (her best sales week), SEA units comprise 166,500 (equaling 193.93 million on-demand official streams of the set’s 10 songs) and TEA units comprise 1,500. Notably, of the 191,000 in sales, vinyl sales accounted for 90,000 — Eilish’s best sales week on vinyl ever.

The new album’s sales were supported by its availability across 9 vinyl editions of the album, 4 CD editions, 1 cassette tape, a standard digital album, and 3 deluxe digital sets. The deluxe digital edition with isolated vocals sold for $9.99 while the other two iterations sold for $6.99 (and were only available for a limited time).

Taylor Swift’s The Tortured Poets Department stays at No. 1 with 378,000 equivalent album units Of The Tortured Poets Department’s fifth-week unit sum of 378,000, album sales comprise 210,000 (up 413%:flippy:), SEA units comprise 166,500 (down 23%, equaling 216.9 million on-demand official streams of the deluxe album’s 31 songs; it’s also No. 1 on the Top Streaming Albums chart) and TEA units comprise 1,500 (down 17%).

The Tortured Poets Department’s weekly increase was supported by the continued sturdy sales of the 20-plus existing different iterations of the album and an added boost during the tracking week by a stock replenishment in Swift’s webstore of certain editions, along with the release of a handful of new variants (all of which were only available to U.S. customers).

Spoiler

During the tracking week, Swift issued 6 new digital album download variants of the album via her webstore, and all were available for a limited time for $5.99 apiece. Each contained the original standard 16-song album tracklist, along with one unique bonus track. There were three editions with a “first draft phone memo” recording (“Who’s Afraid of Little Old Me?,” “Cassandra” or “The Black Dog”). There were also three editions with one live recording each from her recent Paris shows during The Eras Tour (“loml,” “My Boy Only Breaks His Favorite Toys” and “The Alchemy x Treacherous Mashup”).

In the week ending May 23, The Tortured Poets Department sold 77,000 digital albums (across all of the set’s available iterations, both new and old) — a gain of 1,184% compared to the previous week (6,000).

Also new in the tracking week were sales generated from a new CD variant of the album, exclusively sold in Swift’s webstore, which contained the standard 16-song album plus a new bonus track, an acoustic version of the album’s “But Daddy I Love Him.” The CD was sold for 24 hours on May 9 for $7.99. When customers ordered the album, a shipment date was not stated on Swift’s store. (Sales of physical albums from internet mail order companies, such as Swift’s store, or Amazon and other similar web-based retailers, count on the chart in the week they ship to customers.)

The album also got help from a stock replenishment in Swift’s webstore of five previously available editions of the CD: a signed edition and the four deluxe CDs. The signed album was on sale in Swift’s webstore May 14-16 for $25, and a shipment date was not stated at the time of purchase. The four deluxe CDs were available to purchase May 7-8 for $17.99 each, and a shipment date of “on or before May 31, 2024” was noted at the time of sale.

In the week ending May 23, The Tortured Poets Department sold 121,000 copies on CD (across all of its CD iterations) — a gain of 564% compared to the previous week (18,000). (Sales of the album on vinyl decreased by 29% in the tracking week to 12,000, from 17,000 in the previous week.)

Edited by Teletubby
I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • YAAAS 7
  • Love 2

LadyxGaGa

**** YESSS ITS ONLY GOING TO GO UP FROM HERE

Rahrahbitchson

Its okay, 2 is her number anyway, 2 Oscars, 2 song of the year grammys. Others cant relate

Quizás bastaba respirar, sólo respirar, muy lento...💙
  • Love 1

Anderson123

Just got my Amazon package today. Hit Me Hard and Soft CD and Vinyl, Ray of Light Vinyl and Radical Optimism CD. :legend:I'm obsessed with Billie's album, love it from start to finish.

• Love 1

Morphine Prince

Wow higher than the initial figures we got! 

She would have gotten #1 if it weren’t for that other person. 

• Like 2

Luke78619

Tbf, it’s still possible she could go no.1 in the following weeks right? She’s done amazing numbers and people seem to be really into the album and the lead single so it has potential :sara:  

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote
  • Like 1

malzejar
Posted (edited)

Taylor doesn't exist to me so Billie congrats for your number 1 :applause:

Edited by YuriG
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 2
  • Thanks 2

anziety
26 minutes ago, Rahrahbitchson said:

2 Oscars

Something taylor will never have 🤗

• Like 3

weed

Very impressive numbers. I remember albums could go #1 with like 70k depending on the week lol so I love that 300k+ debut sales are back. 

• YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

Redstreak
10 minutes ago, anziety said:

Something taylor will never have 🤗

Im sure she’s more than fine with 4 AOTY Grammys (with more to come I’m sure)

great numbers for both ladies :golfclap:

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~
  • Like 1

PartySick

I love being someone who literally does not care at all how much an album sells :icant:

HMHAS is just a good album. It didn't need 339k+ sales across a dozen different products and a #2 (or even #1) chart placement to prove that

Just like Grammys and Oscars, sales are only a measure of popularity, not quality :golfclap:

💚
  • Like 4

hieronymus
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

Im sure she’s more than fine with 4 AOTY Grammys (with more to come I’m sure)

great numbers for both ladies :golfclap:

Yeah, I'd love to know how much else she can buy and forego en lieu of quality music. At this point, it's very entertaining how far she will go to see her sell her horrible music in miniscule variances and her fans just EAT IT hand over fist. It's wild to see someone make themselves and their fans both look foolish and desperate.

Edited by hieronymus
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1