Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

The Weeknd back at #1; Taylor loses 600k listeners

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

ThisGuyTony

He did that with no album since 2022. No 31+ song track lists. No deluxe variants every week. No current tour. :applause:

• Like 7
  • YAAAS 28
  • Love 4

LadyxGaGa

dude i’ve always wondered how he has amassed so much in streaming 

COME ON BILLIE KNOCK DRAKE OUT OF THE TOP 6

• Like 3
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1

Controversiaga

Ugh we need to get Gaga up there

if Rihanna can be there without releasing since 2016,

lg7 better solidify her as a timeless as Rihanna is

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”
  • Like 7
  • YAAAS 1

Monet

This made me remember a tweet of a Swiftie that couldn't understand why The Weeknd had more listeners than Taylor last month or March, idk. It was so wild, everyone on the replies were agreeing with the person and saying that he was using bots and wasn't as popular as Taylor :messga: They truly live in a alternative  reality, i swear

• Like 7

Economy
14 minutes ago, Monet said:

This made me remember a tweet of a Swiftie that couldn't understand why The Weeknd had more listeners than Taylor last month or March, idk. It was so wild, everyone on the replies were agreeing with the person and saying that he was using bots and wasn't as popular as Taylor :messga: They truly live in a alternative  reality, i swear

Kinda delulu of that user. I mean i cant prove hes not using bots, for all I know he is... 

But anyone with any understanding of this should know thw most popular and hyped artist doesnt necessairily have to have the most monthly listeners all the time

Taylor may be huge by those that love her but many also hate her and wont listen to her

The Weeknd probably has more general appeal especially among male audience and probably has a higher number of people who listen to him (but less obsessively so than Taylor so total streaming numbers are still held by Taylor)

This is why Rihanna has so many listeners even tho shes not topping with any singles after years of no release. Shes broadly liked. Not many are listening to her obsessively but many listen to her casually here and there... and a few plays are enough for you to count as a monthly listener :shrug:

• Like 5

malzejar

Rihanna numbers are insane to me, the way she has so many hits effortlessly 

• Like 3

ProfessionalClown
5 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Talent won. 

where 

Morphine Prince
1 minute ago, ProfessionalClown said:

where 

Here. 

• Like 1

monstertoronto

Rihanna’s nonstop streaming support blows my mind. I love her but she hasn’t released an album in years and she’s still top 5. 

• Like 4

Gagaism

Only when you can really go deep into his sounds it’s when you discover the magic his music has. I understand his lyricism can be a little uncomfortable for some people but his music always sounds so good and there’s something about his voice that just adds so much to it. 

Easy

He appeals to everyone.
Some of us gays listen to him even though we generally skip male artists.

He is one of the few that makes good music with visuals.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

LordByron28
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Easy said:

He appeals to everyone.
Some of us gays listen to him even though we generally skip male artists.

He is one of the few that makes good music with visuals.

Yeah, always been a fan but After Hours and Dawn FM are amazing. A lot of these artists have also done a lot of collaborations. Rihanna is able to stay so high because she has also done so mane collaborations with so many artists that are also really popular such as Drake, Coldplay, Calvin Harris, David Guetta, Eminem, Kanye West, Jay-Z, Maroon 5, N.E.R.D, Future, etc. so she appears in different algorithms for others artists. Also why Telephone does well on streaming when Beyonce releases new music as anyone listening to Beyonce will eventually get that song appear in the playlist. 

Edited by LordByron28
  • Like 7

Versace

Taylor still holds some Spotify records that The Weeknd doesn’t, so I wouldn’t say this is a major loss. Her streaming success peaks during the album release month, it’s always been like this. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1