💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

music news

Jack Antonoff produced about half of Sabrina Carpenter’s upcoming album

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Carpenter says Antonoff was receptive to her vision for Short N’ Sweet, bringing his own ideas to the table and working on about half of the project over the course of the past year. She calls her time working with him “some of the best days of my life,” noting it wasn’t difficult to mix the work she had done with Antonoff with the work she did with her other collaborators. “At first, I was wondering if it was separate projects or if it felt like one, and then, as everything came together, I was like, ‘This is one album,’” Carpenter says.

Despite a slew of pop triumphs, Antonoff has become a polarizing figure across social media, with some fans criticizing the producer for a sense of monotony when he works with the same artists; those critiques picked up after the release of Taylor Swift’s The Tortured Poets Department. Carpenter offers a rebuttal to those critics: “Fvck them all.”

Edited by Teletubby
i ❤️
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 6
  • Sad 10

palma

The monopoly this mediocre man has over the music industry... :triggered:

Is there some reason my LG7 isn't here? Has she died or something?
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 13

RAMROD

The Antonoff vanillaism chokehold to 2020s pop culture continues :franminervini:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

djBuffoon

He is far more versatile than people give him credit for. "Dark But Just a Game" sounds nothing like "Please Please Please", which sounds nothing like "Green Light", which sounds nothing like "Lavender Haze" or "Los Ageless", and so on.

He's capable of many genres and moods, and don't forget: he's there to facilitate what the artist wants, not the other way around.

• Like 10
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 9

MadArchitect

i mean of course she's gonna defend him, her own music fits perfectly with the basic bed tracks he produces...

• Thanks 5

Lucas
4 minutes ago, djBuffoon said:

he's there to facilitate what the artist wants, not the other way around.

This is exactly why his work with Lorde, Lana etc is great but flat as hell with Taylor :gaycat:

• Like 9

Agunimon
11 minutes ago, djBuffoon said:

He is far more versatile than people give him credit for. "Dark But Just a Game" sounds nothing like "Please Please Please", which sounds nothing like "Green Light", which sounds nothing like "Lavender Haze" or "Los Ageless", and so on.

He's capable of many genres and moods, and don't forget: he's there to facilitate what the artist wants, not the other way around.

People also love to **** on him but forget they think NFR and Ocean Blvd are among the best records and love his work with St Vincent... make it make sense.

Edited by Agunimon
  • Like 3

Decodekid

I know people have been criticizing his recent work with Taylor, but his work with other artists is usually good. Tbh I think the problem here might be Taylor putting him in a box 

Long Live Gretchen
  • Like 5

fishinmyhair

I'll never understand the hate this man gets... people like working with him for a reason!

• Like 1

Thomas P

Jack’s productions with Taylor are monotonous, not with other artists. And the reason for that is simple, they’ve exhausted their collaborative relationship, 10 years, 7 albums, and constant rewards for repeating sounds and melodic ideas will do that to a collaborative relationship. Together, these two have pushed themselves to exceptional places, but there’s only so far two people can push themselves. 

His work with Lorde, Lana, St Vincent, Clairo, etc. are all wildly different from one another because these artists are tapping into new ideas that he’s just helping facilitate. 

Edited by Thomas P
I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.
  • Like 3

Nessun Dorma
19 minutes ago, fishinmyhair said:

I'll never understand the hate this man gets... people like working with him for a reason!

I actually enjoy his work as a producer, but I remember once he said Gaga’s music is throwaway. So he made it to my list of untrustworthy people from this day on :patrizia:

• Like 2
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 3

Teletubby
4 minutes ago, gagawarhol said:

I actually enjoy his work as a producer, but I remember once he said Gaga’s music is throwaway. So he made it to my list of untrustworthy people from this day on :patrizia:

I remember that it was in his GQ interview
MJ.png

i ❤️
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 7
  • Shook 3
  • Sad 1

Controversiaga

Yikes

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”

Nessun Dorma
40 minutes ago, Teletubby said: