brand

Walmart and Target Suspend Sales of Pokemon Cards for Safety Reasons

Daenerys

Featured Posts

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD

JFC why did people always does this?!! This is why we can't have good things! :bradley:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Danny Milk

I thought this was to do with Katy's pokemon single coming out and that they expect an increase in demand because of her 💀

I guess it doesn't really matter

BUtterfield 8

US retailers Walmart and Target have suspended in-store sales of Pokemon cards and other trading cards, due to safety concerns caused by a huge upsurge in demand.

That demand has led not just to bad behaviour, but real crime. Vicereports that a fight related to trading cards in a Wisconsin Target parking lot recently led to a gun being drawn, but thankfully not used. Last month in Brunswick, Maine, News Center reports that $20,000 of sports trading cards were stolen.Those increasingly serious events have clearly led to the suspension of sales. Bleeding Cool received a statement from Target saying: "The safety of our guests and our team is our top priority. Out of an abundance of caution, we've decided to temporarily suspend the sale of MLB, NFL, NBA and Pokémon trading cards within our stores, effective May 14. Guests can continue to shop these cards online at Target.com."

Similar notices have reportedly been issued in Walmart, with a sign shared in a Facebook Magic the Gathering group noting that "the trading card categories have been removed from the sales floor and sales of these items have been suspended due to inappropriate customer behaviour and increased demand." The note suggests that stores have been asked to no longer stock trading cards like Pokemon ahead of "further direction from management.""]

Source

YaaaasGaga

The US will ban Pokemon cards because they're 'unsafe' but won't ban firearms...

giphy.gif

Agunimon

I used to steal yugioh cards from convenient stores when I was a kid.

ALGAYDO

It’s been so hard getting my hands on any ****ing Pokémon cards. As an avid collector, it’s driving me insane :saladga:

ProdigyARTPOP

I have a whole deck of the first 150 

and they’re from like 2000

ChicaSkas
On 5/13/2021 at 5:03 PM, PartySick said:

@ChicaSkas protect the cards I sent to you :fatcat:

All are safe on my bedroom shelf... I left them all in the order you gave me.... :hug: they are pretty, I take them out from time to time to look at them .

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

ChicaSkas
On 5/13/2021 at 4:32 PM, YaaaasGaga said:

The US will ban Pokemon cards because they're 'unsafe' but won't ban firearms...

giphy.gif

You’re right. The guns should be banned !! 

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

ChicaSkas
On 5/13/2021 at 5:21 PM, ALGAYDO said:

It’s been so hard getting my hands on any ****ing Pokémon cards. As an avid collector, it’s driving me insane :saladga:

I’ve had to resort to weekly garage sales. I’ve found a grand total of 3 Charizards over the past 10 months.

ChicaSkas

Does anyone have a Pokémon Instagram account here on ggd 

MadreMonster

I was at target and saw someone try to buy like 20 packs and the employee told them only one pack of Pokémon cards a day :ladyhaha:

Archived