an angel held me like a child
Miss Dolly
2 minutes ago, Yes To Heaven said:

Wait, I'm confused. I couldn't find the woman of colour

She’s the MSP for Glasgow Kelvin - Kaukab Stewart 

Blue smoke is the heartbreak train
  • Thanks 1
Gogo Yubari

It's some interesting results! I expected better performance for the SNP given the political climate but hope she continues to improve Scotland this next term.  

Based on the results, it was a surprise that the pro-union parties still had a slight majority.

Political analysts have suggested this signals Scotland wants an SNP/devolved government but not a referendum.

StrawberryBlond

The SNP can call it a victory all they want but the fact of the matter is that more people voted against them than for them in most constituencies. Rare was the instance where they had a solid victory where, even if you toted up all the votes for other parties, it still would add up to less. There were a lot of narrow wins, sometimes the second place finisher was 1000 votes or less behind. Scotland remains a very divided country and in such a climate, independence should not go ahead. It's funny that SNP Remainers claimed the same theory when we had to leave the EU despite just over half the country voting Leave. They claimed it wasn't a big enough lead to make a decision for the whole country, which I agree with. But apparently, that doesn't apply when Scotland is 50/50 on independence. I saw a great, if somewhat harsh cartoon of Nicola in the paper the other day, which was an image of her literally sweeping education standards, child poverty, drug deaths, oil prices, pensions, etc. under a massive Yes flag which pretty much sums it up. I just hope more and more people wake up to what this party is all about. I don't trust them any further than I can throw them.

• Like 1
  • Shook 1
YourEvilTwin
28 minutes ago, Gogo Yubari said:

Based on the results, it was a surprise that the pro-union parties still had a slight majority.

No they don't. SNP + Green will easily form a pro-independence majority.

28 minutes ago, Gogo Yubari said:

Political analysts have suggested this signals Scotland wants an SNP/devolved government but not a referendum.

English analysts you mean? The ones who have redefined mental gymnastics in the last few days?

YourEvilTwin
Posted (edited)

Of course the English media is trying their best to pretend that Scotland has the same system as Westminster and that list votes don't exist.

Constituency votes follow the same rules as FPTP and therefore meaningless when it comes to popular will. List votes are the only reliable metric that reflects the true proportion of support for indyref2.

As of five minutes ago, 4,249,219 cast, with 2,143,512 going to SNP or Green, leaving 2,105,707 for Unionists.

That's a pro-independence majority both in seats and in popular votes, however you want to spin it.

Edited by YourEvilTwin
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
Miss Dolly
12 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

The SNP can call it a victory all they want but the fact of the matter is that more people voted against them than for them in most constituencies. Rare was the instance where they had a solid victory where, even if you toted up all the votes for other parties, it still would add up to less. There were a lot of narrow wins, sometimes the second place finisher was 1000 votes or less behind. Scotland remains a very divided country and in such a climate, independence should not go ahead. It's funny that SNP Remainers claimed the same theory when we had to leave the EU despite just over half the country voting Leave. They claimed it wasn't a big enough lead to make a decision for the whole country, which I agree with. But apparently, that doesn't apply when Scotland is 50/50 on independence. I saw a great, if somewhat harsh cartoon of Nicola in the paper the other day, which was an image of her literally sweeping education standards, child poverty, drug deaths, oil prices, pensions, etc. under a massive Yes flag which pretty much sums it up. I just hope more and more people wake up to what this party is all about. I don't trust them any further than I can throw them.

Keep crying, we’ve won fair and square with the most votes ever in the constituency. 

Miss Dolly
58 minutes ago, Gogo Yubari said:

It's some interesting results! I expected better performance for the SNP given the political climate but hope she continues to improve Scotland this next term.  

Not at all. The final total for pro-independence is over 70 seats both with referendums on their manifestos 

NAMURO

Great results for the SNP party! Hope this majority obtained together with the greens leads them to a second referendum. And after that... Catalonia next :pray:

• Like 1
Gogo Yubari
41 minutes ago, Miss Dolly said:

Not at all. The final total for pro-independence is over 70 seats both with referendums on their manifestos 

Oh no I meant the actual vote share, not the distribution of seats.

Gogo Yubari
Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, YourEvilTwin said:

Of course the English media is trying their best to pretend that Scotland has the same system as Westminster and that list votes don't exist.

Constituency votes follow the same rules as FPTP and therefore meaningless when it comes to popular will. List votes are the only reliable metric that reflects the true proportion of support for indyref2.

As of five minutes ago, 4,249,219 cast, with 2,143,512 going to SNP or Green, leaving 2,105,707 for Unionists.

That's a pro-independence majority both in seats and in popular votes, however you want to spin it.

Yes that's some interesting data!!

1 hour ago, YourEvilTwin said:

No they don't. SNP + Green will easily form a pro-independence majority.

English analysts you mean? The ones who have redefined mental gymnastics in the last few days?

No I meant the vote share, not the seats sorry.

And I saw it on Canadian media so it's not an English view (to my knowledge).

Edited by Gogo Yubari
StrawberryBlond
1 hour ago, Miss Dolly said:

Keep crying, we’ve won fair and square with the most votes ever in the constituency. 

At the end of the day, if we get another referendum, that's when the true judgement will be. In the meantime, I'll be waiting for standards in Scotland to massively improve over the next few years, as we keep on getting told they will be but it never materialises.

• Like 1
Miss Dolly
17 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

At the end of the day, if we get another referendum, that's when the true judgement will be. In the meantime, I'll be waiting for standards in Scotland to massively improve over the next few years, as we keep on getting told they will be but it never materialises.

At least we have a mandate. Scotland is the best it can be within the union. The SNP has made mistake but at least they are not that lot down south.