politics

TikTok censors criticism of Vladimir Putin

Featured Posts

Supersonic

The Kremlin approached Chinese authorities about anti-government content on TikTok earlier this year

The amount of critical content has declined as TikTok uses bans to weed out undesirable posts, the person said.

TikTok, owned by China-based ByteDance Ltd., is among the global social media companies coming under increasing pressure to remove anti-government posts in Russia as President Vladimir Putin cracks down on dissent.

It has even won praise from Russian officials who say it’s more willing than some other companies to remove content.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-04-30/tiktok-mutes-more-anti-putin-content-as-kremlin-targets-critics?utm_source=twitter&cmpid=socialflow-twitter-business&utm_content=business&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic

• LMAO 1
  • Shook 3
  • Sad 8
Gagas lil monster

Leaked photos from Tik Tok's camera roll: 

vladimir putin russia GIF

With Peace and love
  • LMAO 5
Serial Chiller

It's Tiktok in Russia. Obviously they will censor it. It's definitely wrong but judging from the title I thought it was worldwide censorship 

• Thanks 5
Benji

It’s worrying how compliant big tech is in bowing down to cruel regimes.  Any company that helps Russia and China sweep human rights abuses under the rug are accomplices.

• Like 12
Gabi001
14 minutes ago, Benji said:

It’s worrying how compliant big tech is in bowing down to cruel regimes.  Any company that helps Russia and China sweep human rights abuses under the rug are accomplices.

wasn't tik-tok created by chinese regime to collect information about people?

I'm not having fun tonight.
  • Like 3
skaxboy

I think I’ll set my VPN to Moscow and post a “F- Vlad!” video on Tik Tok and see what happens. 

• Like 1
  • LMAO 3
  • YAAAS 1
Regina George

I mean it is Chinese app isn’t it? We all know China and Russia are working together when it comes to basically everything. TikTok needs to be cancelled hard. I don’t know why all those people were okay with TikTok tracking everything they do on their phone. That’s extremely dangerous and is probably being used for malicious purposes rn. 

• Like 2
Gagaloo911

Am irrelevant platform no1 currr

BloodyJudas

Whatever happened with that Trump’s idea to ban Tik-Tok in the USA? Has it gotten canceled? What’s the new administration’s approach to this app? 

Serial Chiller
2 hours ago, Gagaloo911 said:

So irrelevant they basically dictates every youth trend happening on earth right now.

Why not face the severity of this instead of blindly dismissing it? 

Miss Dolly
2 hours ago, Gagaloo911 said:

It’s an extremely informative app. I’m on a lot of political TikTok and finding out lots of what’s going on and what’s went on in the past. 

Blue smoke is the heartbreak train
  • LMAO 1
BUtterfield 8

I wanna download tiktok so bad but I don’t want china to spy on me

and yes I’m aware the US spies on us too but still…

Miss Dolly
4 minutes ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

I wanna download tiktok so bad but I don’t want china to spy on me

and yes I’m aware the US spies on us too but still…

You should. It’s a great app to find out information about various subjects. 

Blue smoke is the heartbreak train
Runway
On 5/2/2021 at 7:59 AM, BloodyJudas said:

Whatever happened with that Trump’s idea to ban Tik-Tok in the USA? Has it gotten canceled? What’s the new administration’s approach to this app? 

Biden is too busy saving the country to care about a stupid app

• Thanks 1