Chromatica out now

💌 monthly fan mail 💌
society

Murder of a woman in Kuwait sparks women's right protest for the first time

Featured Posts

April 25

"The horrific murder of a woman in Kuwait this week has sparked outrage on social media with calls for stricter punishment for perpetrators of violent crime against women in the country.

On Tuesday, Farah Hamza Akbar was killed by a man against whom she had previously filed two cases for harassment which followed her family’s alleged refusal to his marriage proposal.

The perpetrator, arrested and later released on bail, kidnapped the woman and stabbed her to death in her own car in front of her two kids. Her body was left outside a hospital south of Kuwait City, according to the interior ministry.

Within hours of the murder, to which the man later confessed, the police arrested him, the ministry said in a statement.

A video circulating on social media showed the victim’s sister crying and screaming that she had notified authorities of the threat he posed, but said her pleas were ignored.

“That is what we got, exactly what we said, that he is going to kill her, and he killed my sister. Where is the government? We told the judge. I told you many times he would kill her, and now she’s dead,” she said in the footage.

Today for the first time in Kuwait's history have women publicly marched demanding rights and protection. Twitter hashtags have been trending including the phrase "I am the the next Farah".

Edited by Stan KDA
  • Like 3
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 6
  • April 25 changed the title to Murder of a woman in Kuwait sparks women's right protest for the first time
KanyeWest

This is why I will not go to Dubai or any country that does not respect human rights

Kanye West Is Blonde And Gone
  • YAAAS 2
April 25
1 hour ago, KanyeWest said:

This is why I will not go to Dubai or any country that does not respect human rights

just wait until im done with uni and im leaving for good :bye:

Pennywise
1 hour ago, KanyeWest said:

I thought you were American for a second and was gonna go off like "what in the audacity" :cryga:

this is why reading is fundamental gheys :air:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE
weed

Horrible tragedy especially in front of her kids, shame on the legal system and hopefully it does spark change. 

StarstruckIllusion

idk how to react bc yas at the protest but not the murder...