💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Pokemon

Nick

Featured Posts

Interlude

The only shiny I have is a shiny Beldum, with 6 IVs and Adamant nature. :flop:

That's literally the most perfect thing. :giveup:

#BlackLivesMatter #TransLivesMatter - You let down members of the community and forced us out.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lavender Pubes

I just caught a shiny illumise while looking for the 3rd pokemon to appear in CoolTrainerTerry's friend safari

:toofunny:

I just caught a shiny illumise while looking for the 3rd pokemon to appear in CoolTrainerTerry's friend safari

Congrats! I think. (illumise :toofloppy: )

TheOriginalOne
You should post a tutorial on IV's!!! :party:

Lavender Pubes

nnnn even though it is an illumise, it is a recognisable shiny thats not just 0.2 shades lighter or something so... yay I guess  :toofunny:

TheOriginalOne

Does anyone have any of the following Pokémon that they don't want or need?:

Ghastly-Levitate ability-Mild nature

Dratini-Inner Focus ability-Brave nature

Torchic-Speed Boost ability-Naughty nature

Piplup-Torrent ability-Quiet nature

Spritzee-Aroma Veil ability-Modest nature

Pokemon IVs 101 :whip:

---

Disclaimer: I'm going to generalize this lesson as much as possible because IVs incorporate a lot of math and internal game mechanics and calculations that isn't normally seen in gameplay. So I'll try to keep it as simplified as possible.

---

/// What is an IV?

An IV, known as an Individual Value are compiled of 6 hidden numbers that determines the stats of your pokemon.

These stats are: HP, Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed (Seem familiar? :hor:)

Facts you need to know about IVs:

-An IV can have a number value of 0 -31 (The Higher the value, the better)

-Each stat (above) has one IV

-IVs are hidden (except in post-elite 4, ill explain later)

/// All Pokemon are NOT created equal

That's right folks. Some pokemon are just naturally better than others, even in the same family. You can give me 2 identical Froakies with the same nature, same level, same EVs, same move sets, But for some reason Froakie B is somehow always a little bit more powerful and slightly faster then Froakie A. This is where the hidden IVs come into play

Lets Examine these 2 Froakies IVs this time: (And remember the 3 rules above)

Froakie A (IVs)

HP : 10

Attack : 0

Defense : 8

Sp. Attack : 9

Sp. Defense : 14

Speed : 11

Froakie B (IVs)

HP : 25
Attack : 20

Defense : 26

Sp. Attack : 31

Sp. Defense : 19

Speed: 31

Question: Which Froakie do you think is better?

Answer: Froakie B (2 Perfect [31] IVs = Pretty Good)

Since Froakie B has much higher IVs than Froakie A, Froakie B will perform much better in battle. His attacks are stronger and it'd be able to take more hits thanks to his better IVs.

---

/// But Canon, those values are hidden. How do you know their IV numbers?

In Gen 6 they gave us an IV checker, even though its sometimes vague.

In Kiloud City, in the pokemon center, there is a Stats Judge on the left (Wears a dark suit, dark hair) This Judge will list off what your highest stat is, and where the IV number lands in range of. Heres his ranges:

UEp32FW.png

An example using a IV Breed Greninja & His IVs:

Greninja (IVs)

Hp: 31

Attack: 20

Defense: 25

Sp. Attack: 31

Sp. Defense: 30

If you had this Greninja to be judged by the Stat Judge, he'd say the following:

Stat Judge:

"Incidentally, I would say its greatest potential lies in HP. Although its Sp. Atk stat is equally good. And, well, its Speed stat is good, too.Stats like those... They simply can't be beat! That's how I judge it."

Since he lists off those 3 stats as "Simply can't be beaten" those IVs = 31 :party:

**Important** If you Pokemon has a IV of 0, He'll additionally say that-that stat is dismal/terrible/bad/etc

---

And that's about it for the basics of IVs: Here's some additional tips that are pretty useful:

Tips:

-Pokemon captured in a Friends Safari will ***ALWAYS*** have 2 perfect IVs (This is extremely useful)

-If you train pokemon for Trick Room, having a Speed IV of 0 AND a Speed decreasing nature works great since Trick Room lets slow pokemon move first!

-For non-Trick Room users, the more 31 IVs your pokemon has, the better! (6 Perfect 31 IVs = :legend: )

-IVs can be breed down to eggs for super effectiveness (Which is what Ill cover next!)

-----

Next Lesson: IV Breeding!

TheOriginalOne

Pokemon IVs 101 :whip:

---

Disclaimer: I'm going to generalize this lesson as much as possible because IVs incorporate a lot of math and internal game mechanics and calculations that isn't normally seen in gameplay. So I'll try to keep it as simplified as possible.

---

/// What is an IV?

An IV, known as an Individual Value are compiled of 6 hidden numbers that determines the stats of your pokemon.

These stats are: HP, Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed (Seem familiar? :hor:)

Facts you need to know about IVs:

-An IV can have a number value of 0 -31 (The Higher the value, the better)

-Each stat (above) has one IV

-IVs are hidden (except in post-elite 4, ill explain later)

/// All Pokemon are NOT created equal

That's right folks. Some pokemon are just naturally better than others, even in the same family. You can give me 2 identical Froakies with the same nature, same level, same EVs, same move sets, But for some reason Froakie B is somehow always a little bit more powerful and slightly faster then Froakie A. This is where the hidden IVs come into play

Lets Examine these 2 Froakies IVs this time: (And remember the 3 rules above)

Froakie A (IVs)

HP : 10

Attack : 0

Defense : 8

Sp. Attack : 9

Sp. Defense : 14

Speed : 11

Froakie B (IVs)

HP : 25

Attack : 20

Defense : 26

Sp. Attack : 31

Sp. Defense : 19

Question: Which Froakie do you think is better?

Answer: Froakie B (2 Perfect [31] IVs = Pretty Good)

Since Froakie B has much higher IVs than Froakie A, Froakie B will perform much better in battle. His attacks are stronger and it'd be able to take more hits thanks to his better IVs.

---

/// But Canon, those values are hidden. How do you know their IV numbers?

In Gen 6 they gave us an IV checker, even though its sometimes vague.

In Kiloud City, in the pokemon center, there is a Stats Judge on the left (Wears a dark suit, dark hair) This Judge will list off what your highest stat is, and where the IV number lands in range of. Heres his ranges:

UEp32FW.png

An example using a IV Breed Greninja & His IVs:

Greninja (IVs)

Hp: 31

Attack: 20

Defense: 25

Sp. Attack: 31

Sp. Defense: 30

If you had this Greninja to be judged by the Stat Judge, he'd say the following:

Stat Judge:

"Incidentally, I would say its greatest potential lies in HP. Although its Sp. Atk stat is equally good. And, well, its Speed stat is good, too.Stats like those... They simply can't be beat! That's how I judge it."

Since he lists off those 3 stats as "Simply can't be beaten" those IVs = 31 :party:

**Important** If you Pokemon has a IV of 0, He'll additionally say that-that stat is dismal/terrible/bad/etc

---

And that's about it for the basics of IVs: Here's some additional tips that are pretty useful:

Tips:

-Pokemon captured in a Friends Safari will ***ALWAYS*** have 2 perfect IVs (This is extremely useful)

-If you train pokemon for Trick Room, having a Speed IV of 0 AND a Speed decreasing nature works great since Trick Room lets slow pokemon move first!

-For non-Trick Room users, the more 31 IVs your pokemon has, the better! (6 Perfect 31 IVs = :legend: )

-IVs can be breed down to eggs for super effectiveness (Which is what Ill cover next!)

-----

Next Lesson: IV Breeding!

You are quickly becoming my favorite member :legend:

Can't wait for the next lesson!!!!

CoolTrainerTerry

You're welcome :hor:

TheOriginalOne

Breeding IV Soon.

In the mean time, enjoy this gif:Xy1oT3F.gif

original gifdzvm474.gif

OmfG! That gif!!! :lmao:

I need a trade buddy to evolve certain pokemon! I'm stuck  :cry:  :cry:  :cry: 

It would be great if you had whatsapp or skype so we can arrange trades, sharing O-powers, daily battles and etc

My FC is in my sig, just PM me your info if you're interested! <3 

Thanks in advance!  :party:

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

Lavender Pubes

So apparently Pokebank was re-released in japan?

I hope thats a sign the rest of the world will be getting it soon (not DWUW video soon)

• ChicaSkas pinned this topic
  • Haroon unpinned this topic
  • Haroon locked this topic

Archived