music news

Apple Music pays $0.01 / stream to artists

Magic Mike

Featured Posts

Economy
Just now, Adrenaliner said:

Apple music is so bad

It still pays the highest of streaming services :toofunny:

But honestly, ppl shouldnt complain that much unless they are willing to pay a few extra dollars a month

Many ppl will have hundrends of streams a month and only pay like $10/month. It still has to add up

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Justin Drew Bieber
3 minutes ago, Adrenaliner said:

Apple music is so bad

+ it has an ugly interface :deadbanana:

River

better than 0 :emma:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

JazmineRice
46 minutes ago, Magic Mike said:

Apple Music is paying one penny per stream, whilst Spotify pays third and a half of a cent.

Read more about it here and here.

Still, none of them are paying enough, particularly to indie artists innit :triggered:

If a song is streamed, say, 1.4 billion times, then Spotify would pay $14,000,000. How is that not enough?

edengowon
8 minutes ago, JazmineRice said:

If a song is streamed, say, 1.4 billion times, then Spotify would pay $14,000,000. How is that not enough?

i think it's perspective. most indie artists aren't hitting 1 million streams on a song, and aren't gonna be able to live off of their music profits without major label support, leading most to lean towards physical sales and second jobs, making music a non-viable career for many. not to mention, the less you get paid as an indie artist, the less money you have to advertise. you have to remember songs surpassing 1 billion streams are very very much the exception, not the rule.

the artist formerly known as melancholia

SevenWonder

Dang.

So at 7 million Spotify streams (@1/3 of one penny) a day, Gaga makes around 25k a day. No way she makes that much via the old model. Plus whatever her AM numbers are? That's well over 10 million a year in passive income. Good for her. 

OT: I'm terrible at math and sorry if I screwed this up!

spector

i preferred apple music anyway. nicer, cleaner, smoother :vegas: 

stella + elliot = stelliot

Angelina Stefania

Disgusting. It's part of why for so long Gaga didn't care about streams and voiced her opinion about how the industry makes fans pay too much for MP3s.

Bloody hooker

It’s true. According to my statements from my music distributor, I get paid $0.01 per stream from Apple Music and $0.001 from Spotify.

Thisï»ż mutual gaze was a “longing to touch” or a "pre-coitus" stare.ï»ż

SwissMonster

Well why do you guys think its so cheap? :bear:

There are billions of streams per day? There is a huge catalog of music? I don’t understand the accusation. Artist know they get nothing with streaming. And if y’all search someone to blame then blame yourself, us or even the industry. We prefer streaming then buying. We are part of the “problem”. Why? Because its cheaper to us. 

I don’t support many things that some companies do for money. But this clearly shouldn’t be shocking to anyone and also shouldn’t cause any accusation towards Apple

SwissMonsterÂźïž - Creating controversy since 1999

PartySick

The fact that Shallow, with ~1.4 billion streams on Spotify has only generated ~$5.1 million for Gaga :toofunny:

đŸ–€

Magic Mike
16 minutes ago, SwissMonster said:

this clearly shouldn’t be shocking to anyone and also shouldn’t cause any accusation towards Apple

I don’t think anyone is accusing Apple, which has the highest payment rate to artist + privacy data protection policy to its users, it’s honestly amazing.

I personally don’t think  it’s fair that it is 0.01 to everyone. 

vinster13
4 minutes ago, PartySick said:

The fact that Shallow, with ~1.4 billion streams on Spotify has only generated ~$5.1 million for Gaga :toofunny:

huh? that’s so much

Archived