music news

Apple Music pays $0.01 / stream to artists

Featured Posts

Magic Mike

Apple Music is paying one penny per stream, whilst Spotify pays third and a half of a cent.

Read more about it here and here.

Still, none of them are paying enough, particularly to indie artists innit :triggered:

Edited by Magic Mike
  • Like 9
  • YAAAS 4
  • Shook 5
  • Sad 6
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Economy

• Magic Mike

• Adrenaliner

• Miss Dolly

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Apple Music is paying one penny per stream, whilst Spotify pays third and a half of a cent. Read more about it here and here. Still, none of them are paying enough, particularly to indie art

How much do you want them to pay though? There are billions and billions of streams every day

Maybe that’s why their interface is ****? Is there no money left?

TimisaMonster

I know all too well...:grr:

Edited by TimisaMonster
Stream my new single🔹️"Sapphire Phoenix"🔹️on Spotify!
  • Love 1
StarstruckIllusion

purr

now all Apple Music has to do is release their streaming numbers and Spotify will finally lose relevance :vegas:

• Like 7
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2
Quenty

Taylor gonna come for em

Follow every rainbow till you find your dream
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1
Lucas

How much do you want them to pay though? There are billions and billions of streams every day :S

• Like 7
  • Thanks 7
lestyoufall

Yeah… this is normal 🤣 people aren’t buying your song, they’re renting access to it /play which mind you if they did buy, it would only cost $1.29 OR LESS & it’s a one time payment.  Instead if that single fan chooses to stream then you’ll make more money off them even if it’s 1 cent per stream. You can’t expect to be paid a ton /stream when songs in general cost at most $1.29?

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
Magic Mike
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Bio said:

Maybe that’s why their interface is ****? Is there no money left?

The interface is fine to me, but I have issues with their algorithm (Spotify still wins on that, though AM just started on the "infinite playlist")

Let's just say that Spotify's ambition goes beyond letting their users stream music. I recently read upsetting news about Spotify - that, like the surveillance capitalists Google and Facebook, Spotify will start collecting data from its users in order to sell to third parties, and that it pursues emotional surveillance for global profit

"It’s not new that Spotify is extracting data points from the kinds of music that people listen to at different times of the day. But what is new, is that a few months ago Spotify was granted a patent by the US government that allows it to monitor users’ speech for a wild new range of data collection. " [article]

so there is no excuse to pay less to artists

Edited by Magic Mike
  • Like 1
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 1
Miss Dolly

I stand by my decision to make to Apple Music last year. So much cleaner than Spotify. 

Blue smoke is the heartbreak train
  • Like 5
Runway

Gaga is laughing in haus labs while drinking dom perignon03-E99-D8-F-2-C86-4357-85-AA-A9734-ECDB8

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
bionic

How much does industry-breaking Tidal earn artists per stream? I wonder if there's a relatively unknown streaming service that pays decently

buy bionic
  • LMAO 1
Sneaky
9 minutes ago, Runway said:

Gaga is laughing in haus labs while drinking dom perignon03-E99-D8-F-2-C86-4357-85-AA-A9734-ECDB8

What does this even have to do with her...?

Live your second life before your first one's over
Runway
9 minutes ago, Sneaky said:

What does this even have to do with her...?

Is she not an artist and put her music on streaming services :bear: