Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Demi Lovato - Dancing With the Devil...The Art of Starting Over

Chesescake

Featured Posts

BlingNotTheMusic

I'm on "Lonely People" and I'm obsessed. She's matured so much :messga: Truly a rebirth, she's such an inspiration 

sorry not sorry GIF by Demi Lovato

https://discord.xyz/hausofdelulu

vinster13

Me girlfriends are my boyfriend!

Melon cake!

Dancing with devil! 

shes serving

HookerOnAChurch

The album is her most cohesive and has her best lyrics and of course her most personal album for sure. I'm happy she's in a better place right now. What a strong woman, keep going strong, queen, you got this battle. 

Btw; I'm slayed :giveup:

Girrr

She came and did what she needed to do :selena: this album was a whole serve. 

so happy to see her growth as an artist. I’m obsessed

andy232000

I have mixed feelings...I used to be a big Demi fan but she started to lose me with Confident and onwards. Never really loved an entire album of hers and this one seems to fall in the same category. 

I liked Dancing with the devil, ICU, What other people day and The way you dont look at me. Butterfly was kinda cute 

Edit: Good Place was a beautiful closer

FFXIV WhiteMage

I didn't know her album was coming out today :cryga:

I;m at Anyone and it's already a slay 

giphy.gif

Spyro

Anyone get strong Madonna Hollywood/American Life vibes from The Art of Starting Over, Carefully, and The Kind of Lover I Am?  They're my top fav!

Spyro the Dragon

LGHunter

The impact of lil nas x. 

That demi makes a song about his lap dance he was doing on the devil in the CMBYN video.

Queens supporting queens

top 5 for me:

The Art of Starting Over

That's The Kind of Lover I am

Met Him Last Night

Moon Cake

1 hour ago, Spyro said:

Anyone get strong Madonna Hollywood/American Life vibes from The Art of Starting Over, Carefully, and The Kind of Lover I Am?  They're my top fav!

they have a french pop vibe which Hollywood also has. I dont know how else to explain that sound. But yeah The Art of Starting Over and Kind of Lover I am are also my top fav songs on this album <3

ProfessionalClown

So after listening to the album, as I sadly expected, super underwhelmed. :/ 
(this is no hate to Demi so don’t take it as me bashing her, just being completely honest with my first listen)

I mean it’s a really really great healing album for her but like 90% of the songs have very recycled lyrics, the same themes, and are just basically the same song rewritten. 

Also is it just me or is the mixing and/or production on her vocals super weird at times? Like in Melon Cake, some of her vocals sound doubled but not harmonized so it just sounds really off putting.

These are definitely some standouts:

ICU

The Art Of Starting Over 

Lonely People (chorus only, some of the lyrics are pretty cringe like “Romeo and Juliette are Dead” and “Romeo has no sequel)

Melon Cake (weird vocals though as said before)

What Other People Say 

The Kind Of Lover I Am (pretty iconic)

All My Girlfriends Are My Boyfriends (also iconic)

Ok Not To Be Ok

I also think her cover of Mad World is really good vocally but it feels like she made the song way way more melodramatic than it’s supposed to be. When taking into account the original Tears For Fears and the iconic cover from Gary Jules, it just feels like it takes the message of the song into a different direction. That could be good or bad depending on what you think, but honestly it didn’t work for me stylistically. Vocally it’s stunning though.

Overall personally I’d gotta say it’s a solid 6/10, maybe 6.5/10. Definitely doesn’t live up to TMYLM or Demi or even Unbroken. 

Archived