Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

James Charles responds to accusations of messaging minors

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

HuffsAhoy
4 minutes ago, PussPuss said:

Alright.

So, two high school teenagers are dating and in love. They are both 17. One is slightly older and turns 18 first. Is the 18 year old now a pedophile? 

That's a strawman argument and you know it. We are talking about a nearly 22 year old man grooming a 16 year old boy. 

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chlorine
1 minute ago, HuffsAhoy said:

That's a strawman argument and you know it. We are talking about a nearly 22 year old man grooming a 16 year old boy.

What I'm trying to get at is the "age" is a little bit arbitrary. I get the law. I'm just trying to illustrate you can't brand somebody a pedophile so easily. 

Edit: I see your edit

Reality
1 minute ago, Harry said:

Of course it doesn't lol. As I said, weird hill to die on. Enjoy your day.

Then we agree...?? We blame him for being irresponsible for not doing his due diligence by verifying the people he's talking to, but we can't go out and call him a creppy child predator who's hellbent on having young boys.

🃏🖤👹

Harry
Just now, PussPuss said:

I did say up above I get that it's the adult's role to have due diligence and they are ultimately responsible. I'm not sticking up for him, but I'm also not willing to go ahead and say this was premeditated predatory behavior. I think James Charles is just dumb. 

It very much does come across like you are fervently defending him tbh

In the scenario that it wasn't premeditated, which I accept is a possibility, it's still predatory behaviour whether he intended it to be or not. The lack of caution and care around it is the issue. As I mentioned earlier, most abusers and predators do not believe themselves to be abusers or predators. That doesn't mean the behaviour should be looked upon as less. If this didn't go public - who knows what would've happened. Who knows what might have already happened with other boys that we don't know about.

HuffsAhoy
Just now, PussPuss said:

What I'm trying to get at is the "age" is a little bit arbitrary. I get the law. I'm just trying to illustrate you can't brand somebody a pedophile so easily. 

The hell I can't. A 22 year old man messaging a 16 year old is THE definition of a pedophile. I'm starting to question your ethics here, you're certainly going out of your way to defend James :oprah: 

Chlorine
1 minute ago, HuffsAhoy said:

The hell I can't. A 22 year old man messaging a 16 year old is THE definition of a pedophile. I'm starting to question your ethics here, you're certainly going out of your way to defend James :oprah: 

But the 18 year old in my strawman argument wasn't a pedophile, right? :bear:

So you pretty much acknowledged I had a point. 

Chlorine
3 minutes ago, Harry said:

It very much does come across like you are fervently defending him tbh

In the scenario that it wasn't premeditated, which I accept is a possibility, it's still predatory behaviour whether he intended it to be or not. The lack of caution and care around it is the issue. As I mentioned earlier, most abusers and predators do not believe themselves to be abusers or predators. That doesn't mean the behaviour should be looked upon as less. If this didn't go public - who knows what would've happened. Who knows what might have already happened with other boys that we don't know about.

I'm REALLY not, lol. I just get a little weary of automatic cancel culture without thinking things through. 

I am taking this scenario independently as I really did not follow his previous drama. So if this is a pattern, yeah, it's suspect. 

Harry
4 minutes ago, Reality said:

Then we agree...?? We blame him for being irresponsible for not doing his due diligence by verifying the people he's talking to, but we can't go out and call him a creppy child predator who's hellbent on having young boys.

No we don't, because you don't think there's anything creepy, disturbing or wrong about his behaviour and his inclinations. You were so intent on bringing up the nuance around this issue but think that anyone criticising him is saying he's "hellbent on having young boys"? I never said that. He's certainly attracted to them, enough so to prey - yes prey - on them over social media and strike up a conversation without formally checking how old they are first. That's predatory no matter how you look at it lol.

HuffsAhoy
5 minutes ago, PussPuss said:

But the 18 year old in my strawman argument wasn't a pedophile, right? :bear:

So you pretty much acknowledged I had a point. 

If you seriously think a 17 year old high school student, who is also dating a 17 year old high school student, suddenly becomes a pedophile because they turn 18 a month before their partner, you've got some major issues. Now if that 18 year old was dating a 14 year old freshman...then I'd be raising some red flags :poot:

Harry
2 minutes ago, PussPuss said:

I'm REALLY not, lol. I just get a little weary of automatic cancel culture without thinking things through. 

I am taking this scenario independently as I really did not follow his previous drama. So if this is a pattern, yeah, it's suspect. 

That is fair and I appreciate your approach, but this is absolutely not an instance of so called 'cancel culture', and I think the sometimes obsessive attitude of "OMGGG cancel culture again!!" is more dangerous than what people claim cancel culture to be.... But that's a separate convo for a different thread I guess.

I'm not brushed up on James Charles history either but I'm sick of hearing about it and people getting away with this kind of behaviour. Because it has real world implications, especially when people are so openly discussing rape culture and the impact of things like this and people sweeping it under the carpet. I think I read this might be his fourth (?) incident of this happening. So yeah it's ... bad.

Chlorine
Just now, HuffsAhoy said:

If you seriously think a 17 year old high school student, who is also dating a 17 year old high school student, suddenly becomes a pedophile because they turn 18 a month before their partner, you've got some major issues. 

I..... don't. That was my whole point.  :triggered:

HuffsAhoy
1 minute ago, PussPuss said:

I..... don't. That was my whole point.  :triggered:

Well it was not very clear :deadbanana: Because it very much came across as if you were equating the scenario with the topic at hand, when they're totally different :messga:

Knife

Initially I thought there was no truth to the allegations against him because I thought there was NO WAY he would this careless and stupid after his initial scandal. Guess I was wrong. :usrs:

Archived