Sign in to follow this  
society

US pastor on leave after sexist sermon

Posted (edited)

A Baptist preacher in Missouri has gone on leave after a backlash over comments he made about women's appearances.

Pastor Stewart-Allen Clark drew scorn for a sermon offering advice to wives he said would stop their husbands becoming "distracted" by other women.

It included comments about Melania Trump whom he described as "the epic trophy wife of all time".

The pastor's General Baptist denomination has admonished him for his comments. They said he had resigned as a moderator for a meeting scheduled in July next year, but clarified that they had no control over his employment.

A video of his February sermon was shared on Facebook.

In it, he is seen using a online meme of a distracted boyfriend to tell women not to "give him a reason to be looking around".

He tells crowd that it is "really important" for men to have a beautiful woman on their arm, asking the churchgoers: "Why is it so many times that women, after they get married, let themselves go?"

"Now look, I'm not saying every woman can be the epic trophy wife of all time like Melania Trump, I'm not saying that at all," he says.

"Most women can't be trophy wives, but you know... maybe you're a participation trophy."

Then he criticises women for wearing casual clothes like pyjamas and jogger bottoms, before turning to "weight control" and referring to one woman as "a sumo wrestler".

The pastor's marital advice then turns to make-up, hairstyles, fashion tips and sexual intimacy.

source

He said that many beautiful women have "snakes in their heads" rather than God in their hearts. Later in the sermon, Clark discussed sexual intimacy, and quoted 1 Corinthians 7:4, stating, "The wife has no longer all rights over her body, but shares them with her husband."

"So whenever she's not in the mood, dig out your Bible," he laughed.

source

Edited by 777777777777777777
👻
  • Shook 3
  • Sad 11

RAMROD

But did he lie tho? Melania and Trump knows they are using each other for their own benefits. :shrug:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ やれやれだわ (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Borisapillar
Posted (edited)

delete

Edited by Borisapillar
Spelling

HuffsAhoy

You know what he is saying is bat shiz crazy when even the Southern Baptist audience doesn't give him an "Amen", not once, not twice, but three times :ladyhaha: 

2 minutes ago, Borisapillar said:

Oh, please. He spoke truth.

So you agree that all women need to be supermodel level pretty for their husbands? 'Cause that's literally what he said :yennefer: 

Borisapillar
2 minutes ago, HuffsAhoy said:

You know what he is saying is bat shiz crazy when even the Southern Baptist audience doesn't give him an "Amen", not once, not twice, but three times :ladyhaha: 

So you agree that all women need to be supermodel level pretty for their husbands? 'Cause that's literally what he said :yennefer: 

I deleted it right as you responded. My bad for not reading the whole thing. I thought the issue was calling Melania a trophy wife and then I read all the other horrible stuff he said. Sorry!

• LMAO 1
  • Love 1

Der Meister

Stop objectifying women. Stop.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 6

Economy
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

But did he lie tho? Melania and Trump knows they are using each other for their own benefits. :shrug:

He made mysogenistic comments. Its not just about being a "trophy" wife. He said some disgusting things

And to make it worse since GGD hates religion they look for every article to criticize behaviour from religion (specifically USA Christians only).

Theres obviously a huge bias there since they tend to represent conservative party so it becomes political

A lot of other religions have even stronger opinions on stuff like womens roles or LGBT and even non religious ppl can say stuff here most dont like but the articles slapped on OP to criticize are always US christians :flop:

If users did this all the thing to muslims for example or Jews some would get pissed and say to stop creating this islamophobic and antisemitist narrative

Its funny how ppl justify double standards once its gets political :enigma:

Edited by Economy
  • Like 3
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 2

RAMROD
2 minutes ago, Economy said:

He made mysogenistic comments. Its not just about being a "trophy" wife. He said some disgusting things

And to make it worse since GGD hates religion they look for every article to criticize behaviour from religion (specifically USA Christians only).

Theres obviously a huge bias there since they tend to represent conservative party so it becomes political

A lot of other religions have even stronger opinions on stuff like womens roles or LGBT and even non religious ppl will say stuff here most dont like but the articles slapped on OP to criticize are always US christians :flop:

If users did this all the time to muslims for example or Jews some would get pissed and say to spot creating this islamophobic and antisemitist narrative

Its funny how ppl justify double standards once its gets political :enigma:

Well about those parts, I dont defend it. Just the trophy wife part :giggle:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ やれやれだわ (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1

HuffsAhoy
5 minutes ago, Economy said:

criticize are always US christians :flop:

Well I have a particular dislike for Southern Baptist since I was forced to adhere to it as a child. So anything that paints them in a bad light is a-okay with me :vegas:

• Love 1

bionic

Melania had an active role in the Trump administration. She was one of the few people whose input he listened to and followed. She was HUGELY influential on Trump picking Pence as VP.

buy bionic
  • Like 1

Economy
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, HuffsAhoy said:

Well I have a particular dislike for Southern Baptist since I was forced to adhere to it as a child. So anything that paints them in a bad light is a-okay with me :vegas:

I get a personal bias if u had a personal bad experience

But as a generalization ive noticed American Liberals and Progressives as a whole have no issue dragging US Christians to the ground without limit but the moment u start to say negative things about muslims, Sihks or Jews your islamophobic or xenophobic or intolerant etc

And some of these religions have even stronger anti women or anti LGBT stances thats why i dont get it

So thats why i say it must be a political bias whether ppl realize it or not

Here in Canada where religious groups and political ties are not as relevant to political stance (at least not to the degree of the US) you dont see the same degreenof double standard on some religions being ok to constantly trash and others labeling you phobic if you do the same. So clearly this is political

Edited by Economy
  • Like 1
  • Shook 1

HuffsAhoy
1 minute ago, Economy said:

But as a generalization ive noticed Americam Liberals and Progressives have no issue dragging US Christians to the ground without limit but the moment u start to say negative things about muslims, Sihks or Jews your islamophobic or xenophobic or intolerant etc

Ah yes, you certainly make a great point there. And, I don't disagree! There is a double standard. 

• Like 1

Economy
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, HuffsAhoy said:

Ah yes, you certainly make a great point there. And, I don't disagree! There is a double standard. 

Its a double standard i dont notice in my Country as much but here in Canada political ties are a bit more personal and random. There isnt always a strong tendency for a certain background to favour a specific party (theres always a little bit but not as much as the US)

So comparing the US and Canada both immigrant nations and both where the older established generations are white so simmilar situation kinda tells me its a political thing for the US to be different

At least thats what i think. Thats just my theory and 2 cents :enigma:

Edited by Economy
  • Like 1

GagaSine
4 minutes ago, Economy said:

I get a personal bias if u had a personal bad experience

But as a generalization ive noticed Americam Liberals and Progressives have no issue dragging US Christians to the ground without limit but the moment u start to say negative things about muslims, Sihks or Jews your islamophobic or xenophobic or intolerant etc

And some of these religions have even stronger anti women or anti LGBT stances thats why i dont get it

So thats why i say it must be a political bias whether ppl realize it or not

Well I think because there are a lot of hardcore Catholics and Christians in the US and they tend to control/run everything (even in Canada too, we have a public school board and a catholic public school board in Ontario, fairly certain there is no Islamic or Jewish school board).

There are lots of Jewish people too but they tend to mostly be non-practicing or at least not ultra Orthodox. Muslims are mostly maligned and discriminated against. It’s like bullying a schoolyard bully who’s been torturing you for years. Maybe it’s not right but it’s not the same.

I went to Catholic school and my parents are from an extremely Catholic country. I was baptized, confirmed, and forced to go to confession and mass at school. When I visited my relatives in Poland I even politely went to church service with them. 

I say Christians and Catholics will be fine with a little dragging, especially considering most people in the US do not actually follow their religion at all but only use it as a tool to discriminate and be hateful to those they dislike.

• Like 1

Economy
4 minutes ago, GagaSine said:

Well I think because there are a lot of hardcore Catholics and Christians in the US and they tend to control/run everything (even in Canada too, we have a public school board and a catholic public school board in Ontario, fairly certain there is no Islamic or Jewish school board).

There are lots of Jewish people too but they tend to mostly be non-practicing or at least not ultra Orthodox. Muslims are mostly maligned and discriminated against. It’s like bullying a schoolyard bully who’s been torturing you for years. Maybe it’s not right but it’s not the same.

I went to Catholic school and my parents are from an extremely Catholic country. I was baptized, confirmed, and forced to go to confession and mass at school. When I visited my relatives in Poland I even politely went to church service with them. 

I say Christians and Catholics will be fine with a little dragging, especially considering most people in the US do not actually follow their religion at all but only use it as a tool to discriminate and be hateful to those they dislike.

The exact same can be said about other religions tho. Some denominations of muslim can be even more forceful with religion (my mom is literally friends with a woman who is a refuge from Israel after a family member bombed her car to try to kill her because she left the muslim faith and married a christian)... 

And some of those religions control their countries and societies even more.

If ur talking about their influence in society or a country sure in the western world as immigrants its less so. But i dont get what that has to do woth dragging the religion as a whole, beliefs or specific individuals

I guess this comes from the general modern belief that if someone belongs to a group of ppl perceived as privedlged it gives u a free card to be nasty to them...

not only do i disagree with that but i think the logic is also flawed. For started priveledge will also vary a lot from individual to individual. Background or religion is still just 1 factor of many. Its too generalistic and takes away the individualistic factor of people

• Like 1