Sign in to follow this  
politics

President Jair Bolsonaro tells Brazilians to "stop whining" about Covid

President Jair Bolsonaro has told Brazilians to "stop whining" about Covid-19, as he criticised measures to curb the virus despite a surge in cases and deaths.

On Thursday Mr Bolsonaro he said :"Stop whining. How long are you going to keep crying about it? How much longer will you stay at home and close everything? No one can stand it anymore. We regret the deaths, again, but we need a solution."

President Bolsonaro has consistently opposed quarantine measures introduced by governors, arguing that the collateral damage to the economy will be worse than the effects of the virus itself.

His comments came a day after Brazil saw a record rise in deaths over a 24-hour period.

Brazil is facing its worst phase of the pandemic yet, leaving its health system in crisis.

In response some cities and states have imposed their own restrictions.

São Paulo's governor, João Doria, said: "Unfortunately, Brazil has to fight, at this moment, two viruses: the coronavirus and Bolsonaro virus. This is a sadness for the Brazilians," 

source

👻
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

KanyeWest

Ill always remember when he said if u take the vaccine men will turn into 'homos' and women will start growing beards 

Kanye West Is Blonde And Gone
  • Shook 3

Galactic Mess
13 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

Ill always remember when he said if u take the vaccine men will turn into 'homos' and women will start growing beards 

And we would all also turn into alligators 🐊 

Well, I do like wildlife :ladyhaha:

• LMAO 1

Miss Dolly

He is truly a disgusting human being. 

Blue smoke is the heartbreak train
  • Like 3

Aussie
12 minutes ago, Galactic Mess said:

And we would all also turn into alligators 🐊 

Well, I do like wildlife :ladyhaha:

Also alligators use a penis that is always erect and pops out of their bodies to mate :v:

• LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1

PlasticWeave
3 minutes ago, Aussie said:

Also alligators use a penis that is always erect and pops out of their bodies to mate :v:

do they have one on each side like snakes do? :air: 

poordat
  • LMAO 1

TimisaMonster
15 minutes ago, Miss Dolly said:

He is truly a disgusting human being. 

Most world leaders are based on the past year...

Stream my new single🔹️"Sapphire Phoenix"🔹️on Spotify!
  • Like 2

RAMROD

Hopefully Brazillians will find it in their mind and heart to vote him out on their next election after all things that they hear, see and witness of this man.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ambivalente (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Miss Dolly
43 minutes ago, TimisaMonster said:

Most world leaders are based on the past year...

He is the worst. Just spews hatred. 

Blue smoke is the heartbreak train

Sneaky Oliver

All the sh*t he has said, a thread:

(x) Covid is just a little flu

(x) He doesn't mind about deaths since he's not a gravedigger

(x) Vaccines turn people into alligators (and he won't do anything about it)

(x) brazilians are able to jump into a sewer and don't get sick so they won't get covid

(x) "so what [if people are dying]? what do you want me to do?"

(x) He is sorry for all the loss but death is the fate of everyone 

(x) Coronavirus is like rain, it will eventually reach everyone

(x) Brazil must stop being a country of f*ggots

(x) there's no scientific proof vaccines actually work

(x) there's no rush to buy vaccines (and procceeds to do everything in his power to delay and stop the country from buying them)

(x) He is fed up with all the whining about pandemics

i love you lots like polka-dots
  • Sad 2

Galactic Mess

From what I read in the news, he could’ve made a deal with Pfizer to buy doses about 7 months ago, and now he’s complaining that he can’t do anything about the vaccine shortage because it’s happening all over the world. :neyde:

Of course rich countries are also to blame for hoarding vaccines and depriving us from them, but nothing justifies this man’s idleness. If he were conservative but competent, I could handle him. But he’s proven himself time and again to be so incompetent and unfit for his job that I can’t find a single reason why he still has so much popular support. I guess most of our population is simply idiotic.

• Like 1

Galactic Mess
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, RAMROD said:

Hopefully Brazillians will find it in their mind and heart to vote him out on their next election after all things that they hear, see and witness of this man.

I wouldn’t be too optimistic. He’s hated by many (maybe most) of Brazilians, but there are no candidates popular enough to oppose him. The previous leftist government left such a bad taste in the mouths of all, that if the country ends up having to choose between a leftist and him, he’ll have good chances of re-election. I pray some centrist shows up and wins.

PS: mind you that “left” in Brazil means something radically different than it does in the US. Even the most right wing politicians agree with social policies, such as free healthcare for all, and state intervention in the economy, both directly, through stately enterprises, and by means of regulation. Right wing here means basically conservative religious values and authoriarianism - which is likely a reminiscent of the military dicatorship that ended recently in 1985, because the transition to democracy was very smooth, with plenty of negotiation with military officials and no significant or violent rupture. The so-called “New Party” and other initiatives have tried to give a new meaning to the “right” and insert liberalism into the mainstream in the last few years, but haven’t had much success beyond social networks, especially now with the pandemic. Liberalism and free markets have never really been a reality in Brazil - except maybe for a brief period  in the beginning of the 20th century, after the fall of the Brazilian empire and before the Brazilian state was modernized into a bureaucracy.

Edited by Galactic Mess
  • Sad 1