🌎 𝔤𝔞𝔤𝔞 𝔡𝔞𝔦𝔩𝔶 𝔰𝔥𝔬𝔭 - 𝔫𝔬𝔴 𝔰𝔥𝔦𝔭𝔭𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔴𝔬𝔯𝔩𝔡𝔴𝔦𝔡𝔢 🌏

Sign in to follow this  
society

Backlash about Museum in the middle of Mexican Jungle

vyniildisk

When i first saw these pics i was in awe because it looks beautiful, it resembles a mayan pyramid and it will be very tall tower with underground chambers too

The museum will be built in an area that was illegally deforested to serve as a reminder of how fragile nature is if we don't do our part

The materials are wood, mexican yucatan clay and it overall not built to last forever but in about 50 years fuse with the rest of the jungle  when it catches up with the deforested area

It will be a space where science, nature and ARTPOP meet w us basic hoomans 

It will double as a research facility and it will be ready in 2024

It was trending yesterday for all the wrong reasons, some of them:

- Why not plant more trees in a deforested area instead of this

- The design doesn't mix w the jungle

- Visitors and their ecological impact

- Residual waters from the toilets are going straight to the jungle

- The architect is not mexican

- It's pretentious and the indigenous people in that area don't like it and they don't want to be disturbed

Etc, etc

thatz?

Edited by Dulo Peep
  • Love 1

Miichael

While it does look very interesting and beautiful and the idea of going to a museum in the jungle sounds amazing as well as the premise and meaning behind it, I do agree with some of the reasons as to why it also wouldn't be a good idea

Edited by Miichael
Born This Way Ball - 20/6/12 | artRAVE: The ARTPOP Ball - 30/8/14 | LA To The Moon Tour - 2/4/2018
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

I can imagine Dua Lipa going there to snap some photos for her instagram, she loves museums 

fdzwy-2.gif

👻
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 12
  • YAAAS 1

alsemanche

Yeah no this ain't it. They could have replanted that area with that money instead of building a museum there and having people cause more damage to the area during/before/after their visits. Not to mention that building it requires construction work that could cause more harm. Go build a museum in a location where it's fine to build something, nature does not care about your #aesthetics.

• Like 2
  • Shook 1

vyniildisk
21 hours ago, 777777777777777777 said:

I can imagine Dua Lipa going there to snap some photos for her instagram, she loves museums 

fdzwy-2.gif

:air: i will b replying to the tweets w this gif thank u so much

Dua does have quite a reputation now huh? 

Edited by Dulo Peep

KanyeWest
41 minutes ago, Dulo Peep said:

- It's pretentious and the indigenous people in that area don't like it and they don't want to be disturbed

Enough reason to not do it

Kanye West Is Blonde And Gone
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Andreu

The design looks great, but the last thing these areas need is massification. They should do it somewhere, out of respect for nature, indigenous people and animals.

before there was love there was silence
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

kukuryku666

Can people just sit down, leave this poor planet alone and die? Not everything is for us, stop using places like that for entertainment. 

they're studying business, I study the floor
  • Thanks 1

Supersonic

I think the biggest arguments against it are really the visitors and their ecological impact, indigenous people who live their disagreeing with it being built and the plumbing/pollution.

Does nobody catch the irony of making a museum dedicated to environmentalism, that entices fake woke jetsetters to fly in and out of Mexico just so they can post selfies from the "360 degrees selfie worthy rooftop area" with captions likes "I learned so much about nature & pollution today. Make sure to come here ", just to go sit in a gasoline-fueled SUV on their way back into the hotel?

• Like 8
  • YAAAS 1

kukuryku666

Did you even read the "wrong" reasons? Because it doesn't look like you did.

they're studying business, I study the floor
  • Shook 1

vyniildisk
29 minutes ago, kukuryku666 said:

Did you even read the "wrong" reasons? Because it doesn't look like you did.

excuse moí? / disculpa? :excuseu:

weed

I think it’s so beautiful and love the concept if it didn’t have all of the negative effects lol

• Like 1

vyniildisk
1 hour ago, Supersonic said:

I think the biggest arguments against it are really the visitors and their ecological impact, indigenous people who live their disagreeing with it being built and the plumbing/pollution.

Does nobody catch the irony of making a museum dedicated to environmentalism, that entices fake woke jetsetters to fly in and out of Mexico just so they can post selfies from the "360 degrees selfie worthy rooftop area" with captions likes "I learned so much about nature & pollution today. Make sure to come here ", just to go sit in a gasoline-fueled SUV on their way back into the hotel?

Fair points but what about the place serving as a research facility too? :triggered:

Kulture Kiari
36 minutes ago, Dulo Peep said:

Fair points but what about the place serving as a research facility too? :triggered:

What part of it being built in an already deforested area do you not get?

Built this somewhere else where it belongs. 

Do you really think travellers are gonna go down there, kiss the ground, pat it, and care about it?

Nah, we've seen how humans are, now even more during a pandemic. True colors are showing. 

People will show up, take pictures, harm the already harmed forest, leave. Repeat this for the next 50 years. Not only that, but they are not respecting the indigenous people's decision: THEY DONT WANT IT. 

While you might think it looks aesthetically pleasing, you're just looking for any excuse to make it seem ok. They could literally say "OH. AND LADY GAGA  WILL LIVE HERE FOR ONE WEEK ONLY! DONT MISS OUT!"

and you would be like OMG YAAAS GAGA! WE LOVE A NATURE INFORMED QUEEN! TAKE MY COINS XINATLI! EVEN MORE REASON FOR IT TO BE BUILT! 

• Like 2
  • Shook 1