Sign in to follow this  
society

Just one per cent of people arriving in the UK go to quarantine hotels

Just one per cent of UK arrivals are going into hotel quarantine, the head of Border Force revealed. 

The director general of Border Force, told that approximately 15,000 people are entering the country every day. But only about 150 are going into Government-backed accommodation to complete 10 days in quarantine. 

The hotel quarantine policy applies to all arrivals from 33 'red list' countries which have recorded significant outbreaks of coronavirus variants. Citizens from those countries are not allowed to travel to the UK but Brits are allowed back as long as they go into hotel quarantine. 

source

👻
  • Like 1

monster4life231

I'm not saying that this isn't true, nor am I disputing the content of the article (as I'm not informed enough on this or have had time to read different sources), but I would be vary cautious of using the Daily Mail as a source. It has a right wing bias along with low factual reporting which has been described as: "Right, Propaganda, Conspiracy, Some Fake News, Numerous Failed Fact Checks" by https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/daily-mail/ . 

Edited by monster4life231
spread peace - #MJInnocent
  • Thanks 2

Miss Dolly

Probably England only. 
You take everything the Daily Fail says with a massive pinch of salt. 
Tbh, it wouldn’t surprise me, knowing the Government utter competence. Why they thought have a ‘Red List’ for the hotel quarantine should be sacked. At least in Scotland it’s all nations in the world. Scotland should put up a temporary border with England. 

Blue smoke is the heartbreak train

19 minutes ago, monster4life231 said:

I'm not saying that this isn't true, nor am I disputing the content of the article (as I'm not informed enough on this or have had time to read different sources), but I would be vary cautious of using the Daily Mail as a source. It has a right wing bias along with low factual reporting which has been described as: "Right, Propaganda, Conspiracy, Some Fake News, Numerous Failed Fact Checks" by https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/daily-mail/ . 

I checked on other websites here here + there is also video of Paul Lincoln (the director general of Border Force) in article where he talks about it.

Edited by 777777777777777777
👻
  • Like 1

monster4life231
1 hour ago, 777777777777777777 said:

I checked on other websites here here + there is also video of Paul Lincoln (the director general of Border Force) in article where he talks about it.

That's great thank you! Sorry the Daily Mail just really irks me.

spread peace - #MJInnocent
  • Like 1