💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

The Pretty Reckless - Death By Rock and Roll (album out now)

swakby

Featured Posts

The band's fourth album came out today and it's honestly pretty good. Maybe their best record, if you ask me. 

What do you guys think? Any fans on GGD? :)

Nathaniel Arven

i am a fan, and I'm just gonna jump on that record. A great voice, and for me she's the first really cohesive transition from actor to musician that I know. 

edit : randomly choose to start with got so high and it's already one of my fav songs in awhile. 

I look a sneak peak a bit of it last night and it was great, gonna listen to it full rn!

So I just heard it and is good, but WYSF remains as her best work to date

... and now i just sit in silence.

33 minutes ago, MikelAS said:

I love the singles so far... Can't wait to listen to the whole thing later today! :heart:

The last 3 tracks are sooo good. I have to say, the album is very different from the singles. 

StrawberryBlond

I was wondering if we were even getting the album today as it was still completely unclickable on Wikipedia which is so weird. All this time, I didn't know the 25 cover art was the album cover art too. I'm going to wait until Sunday to hear it all though including the latest music video so I really have something to look forward to and put forward all my thoughts then. I'm liking what I hear already so much more than their previous album, so I'm ready for this. I love how they keep going as a band. I feared they would've broken up by now.

Shipper

Happy Season 9 GIF by The Office

I NEED THIS RIGHT NOW. 

With all the things happenning in my life right now. PRETTY RECKLESS IS CATHARTIC.

:rockstar:

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

imnotyourbabe10

Ah, so refreshing to see this thread on GGD! :tony:  We need more rock n roll or metal inspired ones!  Anyway, big fan of TPR!  Saw them live a few years back and they were excellent -- and Momsen can sing!  Glad to see them topping the iTunes chart this weekend :rockstar:

What are everyone's favorites from DBRAR so far?  I love the title track; Only Love Can Save Me Now; Got So High; Broomsticks (albeit so short -- very atmospheric); Witches Burn; Turning Gold; Harley Darling.

And what are your guys' favorites from their other records?  I especially love: Miss Nothing; Goin' Down; Zombie; Light Me Up; Going to Hell; F**ked Up World; Hit Me Like a Man.

I haven't really gotten deep into their third record -- any suggestions?

imnotyourbabe10
On 2/13/2021 at 9:13 AM, imnotyourbabe10 said:

Ah, so refreshing to see this thread on GGD! :tony:  We need more rock n roll or metal inspired ones!  Anyway, big fan of TPR!  Saw them live a few years back and they were excellent -- and Momsen can sing!  Glad to see them topping the iTunes chart this weekend :rockstar:

What are everyone's favorites from DBRAR so far?  I love the title track; Only Love Can Save Me Now; Got So High; Broomsticks (albeit so short -- very atmospheric); Witches Burn; Turning Gold; Harley Darling.

And what are your guys' favorites from their other records?  I especially love: Miss Nothing; Goin' Down; Zombie; Light Me Up; Going to Hell; F**ked Up World; Hit Me Like a Man; Take Me Down; Mad Love.

Edit: not sure how I quoted myself? Sorry for that! Please delete it possible? Thanks!!

StrawberryBlond

What a comeback to their older sound. I wasn't as keen on their last album and I've waited so long for this one, I'm glad it's better. I think it's their second best album in my mind now. The singles are definitely the strongest and as for the non-singles, my favourites are Only Love Can Save Me Now, My Bones, Witches Burn and Rock and Roll Heaven. Not as keen on the slower, stripped-back tracks, they were never my favourite style of theirs when they did it, they really suit the hard rock, epic sound. But they've really matured their sound, this is their most mature album yet. Every album has refined their sound more and Taylor's really making an album that sound like a full-grown woman who's not just going through a rebellious phase and trying to shock anymore, this sounds like a 27-year-old who knows who she is now.

On 2/13/2021 at 2:13 PM, imnotyourbabe10 said:

While not my favourite, there are some definite bangers on there. My favourites are Oh My God, Prisoner, Living In The Storm, Already Dead, The Devil's Back and Mad Love. It's a more blues rock kinda album, more of a groove to it, which is fine but I prefer their harder sound.

On 2/15/2021 at 2:18 AM, StrawberryBlond said:

What a comeback to their older sound. I wasn't as keen on their last album and I've waited so long for this one, I'm glad it's better. I think it's their second best album in my mind now. The singles are definitely the strongest and as for the non-singles, my favourites are Only Love Can Save Me Now, My Bones, Witches Burn and Rock and Roll Heaven. Not as keen on the slower, stripped-back tracks, they were never my favourite style of theirs when they did it, they really suit the hard rock, epic sound. But they've really matured their sound, this is their most mature album yet. Every album has refined their sound more and Taylor's really making an album that sound like a full-grown woman who's not just going through a rebellious phase and trying to shock anymore, this sounds like a 27-year-old who knows who she is now.

While not my favourite, there are some definite bangers on there. My favourites are Oh My God, Prisoner, Living In The Storm, Already Dead, The Devil's Back and Mad Love. It's a more blues rock kinda album, more of a groove to it, which is fine but I prefer their harder sound.

I definitely agree with you, these are some of the strongest songs they've made. Also, the songwriting is much better,  they were quite inexperienced in that area in the beginning of their career. That's why I also enjoyed the more stripped-back tracks just as much as the rest of the album. Turning Gold is my absolute favourite, followed by Only Love Can Save Me Now. 

Moonlight on Water

I LOVE TPR. I've been listening since 2015 and I really love 25, And So It Went, and Death By Rock And Roll!

she/her

Archived