💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Will JND get removed from ARTPOP?

Stupid Oreo

Featured Posts

Ariana Grindr
10 hours ago, MadreMonster said:

I highly doubt she was the one who threw out the collab. I’m sure it was Kendrick’s team - we know that they were nervous about having a Gaga collab on his album.

Exactly! As much as I love K dot’s work his team really said no gays allowed :ladyhaha:

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OhHenny2020
11 hours ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

It’s time to stan Hey Girl the most sweet  and unproblematic collab she has ever done! :tony:

But if you’re the one stating do what you want, you’re explicitly consenting so there are no rape correlation in the lyrics. She said she wrote that about HER boyfriend (besides the media concept of the song)

Bb I know the song is not about rape Sassy Chrissy Teigen GIF by NBC

AnglerfishbraBENUS

DWUW was removed because she turned it into a song that was basically perceived to be about r*pe on multiple levels visually and lyrically... JnD is safe by this logic because it’s not a trafficking song featuring a trafficker 

Chromatican

Honestly Gaga should release ARTPOP and ARTPOP: Act II on ARTPOP’s ten year anniversary and give us an updated version of ARTPOP with songs replacing DWUW and JnD, as well as an Act II ep. I can dream. 

AnglerfishbraBENUS
1 hour ago, Chromatican said:

Honestly Gaga should release ARTPOP and ARTPOP: Act II on ARTPOP’s ten year anniversary and give us an updated version of ARTPOP with songs replacing DWUW and JnD, as well as an Act II ep. I can dream. 

We need a ten year anniversary and re release with foil cover

Stupid Oreo
2 minutes ago, whipopotamus said:

We need a ten year anniversary and re release with foil cover

No foil. We need rainbow holo film for the gays, periodtđŸ’…đŸ»

DavidLuis198
12 hours ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

It’s time to stan Hey Girl the most sweet  and unproblematic collab she has ever done! :tony:

But if you’re the one stating do what you want, you’re explicitly consenting so there are no rape correlation in the lyrics. She said she wrote that about HER boyfriend (besides the media concept of the song)

In the song she compares the abuse of the media with physical/sexual assault, she constantly repeats that you can do whatever you want with her body, because it's just her body, not her mind. It could mean what you're saying, but it also could mean ''you do whatever you want with my body, you can sexualize it (something the media does a lot, specially with female artists), grab it, rape it, because in the end, you can't break me, my sanity, my mind and my creativity is something you could never have, so just take my body", and being honestly, considering the state of mind she was back then, and her history with sexual assault, it probably meant the later.

The song is amazing, and I know Gaga at the time thought it was an empowering song, even more coming from an abuse survivor, but the lyrics (with or without R. Kelly part) are still super problematic and not at all empowering, it actually kind of minimizes abuse, and to this day it baffles me how so many LMs don't see anything wrong with the song (when Gaga herself told her thought process behind the song was 'twisted') and think the only problem is having R Kelly as a collab, when, the reality is that he only accentuates more of what's already wrong with the song.

I don't know how to write in english

StrawberryBlond

Wow, never heard about this. This is from the same man who is adamant that his adult daughter remains a virgin, so that's hypocrisy in the first degree. To think Azealia was originally going to be on this as well. Terry Richardson support too. This era seemed to be the season of bad decisions for Gaga. I'm just glad the fans got the album in its entirety at the beginning and don't have to deal with omitted songs. If these omissions continue, it's no wonder the album never re-charts when she puts out something new but her other stuff does.

SevenWonder

I don't really care what happens to JnD, but all this talk of rereleasing ARTPOP with Brooklyn Nights has me shaking. Her best pure pop song imo. 

(Yes, I know it will never happen)

ARTPOP BALL

I refuse to think that Gaga will take off another song from ARTPOP. Don't treat like that my baby :messga:

I'm addicted to delusion

Togekiss
17 hours ago, Dayman said:

She will be. I guarantee it.

Were these allegations known at the time she recorded with them? I feel like that was a big part of the R. Kelly controversy, that she should have known better at the time.

bring on that pecan pie

JustTea
12 hours ago, Babylon gypsy said:

OMG so many options, Brooklyn Nights, Nothing On (but the radio), PARTYNAUSEOUS, maybe Stache :party:please Gaga choose Brooklyn Nights

I want TEA :pray:

17 hours ago, warholastar said:

A 10y anniversary re issue would be nice. Without DWUS and JnD. We could have 3/4 never released tracks : Brooklyn Night, Tea and maybe DWUW w/ Xtina and I Wanna Be With U (piano demo)

I like this idea. 

I live outside the space time continuum.

Archived