🌎 𝔤𝔞𝔤𝔞 𝔡𝔞𝔦𝔩𝔶 𝔰𝔥𝔬𝔭 - 𝔫𝔬𝔴 𝔰𝔥𝔦𝔭𝔭𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔴𝔬𝔯𝔩𝔡𝔴𝔦𝔡𝔢 🌏

Sign in to follow this  
politics

Dutch Government Resigns

Stupid Oreo

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-55674146

" Mark Rutte's Dutch government has stepped down after thousands of families were wrongly accused of child welfare fraud and told to pay it back.

Families suffered an "unparalleled wrong", Dutch MPs decided, with tax officials, politicians, judges and civil servants leaving them powerless.

Mr Rutte submitted the cabinet's resignation to the king. "

Well this really helps us with our covid situation :selena:

AFENTIS BURN IN HELL FOR ETERNITY
  • Shook 2

Neroneau

Social welfare bureaucracies in the Low Countries are so, idk how to correctly call it. I’m no surprised this could have happened; there is very little communication between social workers along with their semi-elected superiors and the financial services that handle tax and allowance on a communal level (!!). They are seen as doing completely different jobs so there is minimal overlapping. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

littlepotter

I don't get it, did thet make a mistake and took accountability and resigned out of shame? Are they living in 3021

can you hear me come undone?
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 3
  • Thanks 2

Why am I on GGD
16 minutes ago, Stupid Oreo said:

If everything goes as it's supposed to, this cabinet will still continue ongoing tasks, such as the battle against COVID. 

In addition, we would have elections in two months anyway. As far as I can see, the biggest downside to this is just that it adds "unneeded" chaos in an already hectic time.

Queen Bitch

ngl I wish my countries government would do the same

• Like 1

bionic
5 minutes ago, Queen Bitch said:

ngl I wish my countries government would do the same

think most people around the world would say the same lol

Edited by bionic
buy bionic
  • Like 2

Chromatislaps
55 minutes ago, Stupid Oreo said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-55674146

" Mark Rutte's Dutch government has stepped down after thousands of families were wrongly accused of child welfare fraud and told to pay it back.

Families suffered an "unparalleled wrong", Dutch MPs decided, with tax officials, politicians, judges and civil servants leaving them powerless.

Mr Rutte submitted the cabinet's resignation to the king. "

it will still do its part in Corona stuff, so its gonna be fine... they will also still be able to rule and propose laws... altho their influence is basically reduced, since they are demissionary.

Jonathanholland

Good, now let's get rid of Rutte and elect our new female PM :vegas:

1240?appId=93a17a8fd81db0de025c8abd1cca1

Spoiler

Ok not really since she's far behind in the polls :poot:

Before there was love, there was silence
  • Love 1

Chromatislaps
4 minutes ago, Jonathanholland said:

Reveal hidden contents

I didn't think Rutte was a bad PM, I found him mostly a reasonable PM eventho I prefer voting more leftist. I'd rather have him than Wilders with his "presenting issues without any rational solutions" mindset.

But yass queen of the party for the animals as PM :tony:  

Chromatislaps
49 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

I don't get it, did thet make a mistake and took accountability and resigned out of shame? Are they living in 3021

they took accountability, the mismanagement caused several thousand families to live years in poverity because they were wrongly accused of fraud by the tax system. There is a certain system that is very prone to accuse people of fraud if they don't prove that they deserve to get the childcare benefits. Some families weren't too meticulous in proving they deserved the childcare benefits, and were accused of fraud.

Some families even lost family members because the fraud situation caused them to commit suicide. This whole mismanagement has basically ruined the constitutional state/ inner workings of our justice system, so this was very shameful to the ruling coalition.

In less than 2 months we have new elections, so it's not like we can't manage going forward. The government will still continue to manage the corona situation, they just won't have as much power as before when it comes to making decisions on other matters.

Edited by Chromatislaps
  • Like 1

Supersonic

what this article does not mention is that the regular Dutch elections were scheduled this March, that the current government will stay in office until a new government is formed in March-April and that Rutte is still the main candidate of his party for prime minster and very likely will become head of government again.

this resignation is literally nothing but virtue signalling.

littlepotter
1 hour ago, Chromatislaps said:

they took accountability, the mismanagement caused several thousand families to live years in poverity because they were wrongly accused of fraud by the tax system. There is a certain system that is very prone to accuse people of fraud if they don't prove that they deserve to get the childcare benefits. Some families weren't too meticulous in proving they deserved the childcare benefits, and were accused of fraud.

Some families even lost family members because the fraud situation caused them to commit suicide. This whole mismanagement has basically ruined the constitutional state/ inner workings of our justice system, so this was very shameful to the ruling coalition.

In less than 2 months we have new elections, so it's not like we can't manage going forward. The government will still continue to manage the corona situation, they just won't have as much power as before when it comes to making decisions on other matters.

I understand, but think how alien and unbelievable this sounds to someone who lives in a country where the government's negligence blew up our city, and it made headlines all around the world as being the biggest explosion in recent history, destroying our main port as an import-reliant country as well as hundreds of civilian lives and thousands of homes, and the government didn't do as much as offer an apology, let alone take accountability or resign. Instead when people protested they threw teargas at them and even shot at them all while victims were still being removed from under rubble. It's just surreal that there exists a place on earth where politicians are semi decent.

can you hear me come undone?
  • Like 1

RAMROD

Huh, interesting, he seems sensible. Also,  some hunties might called him as snack tho. 

28virus-rutte01-mediumSquareAt3X.jpg

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 🏳️‍🌈 Wiccan ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜 Hulkling 🏳️‍🌈 Forever 🏳️‍🌈
  • LMAO 1

dutchyguy

Yeah the timing is so **** but I support Rutte though!.. When will 'De Jonge' resign though :derpga:

bionic
4 hours ago, Jonathanholland said:

Hide contents

red is not her color

buy bionic