💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

throwback

Thoughts on this throwback song?

LateToCult

Featured Posts

LateToCult

I appreciate the sentiment. This song actually made me cry when I was a teenager but now that I’m an adult I can’t help but cringe at the “Have you read the YouTube comments lately?” line. Like damn, Ma. I get that this was a pretty bold statement because it was done before gay marriage was legalized in the US but that particular line kills the fantasy for me. 

What are your thoughts on the song today? Is it a bop? Is it pandering? Is Born This Way safe as the homo anthem of the early 2010s?

Meta Mart

It was sung at the NRL (Grand Final I think) during the marriage equality plebiscite in Australia. Which we won. "Vote YES for marriage equality!" <3 Vote YES for LOVE!

I dig it. Still so many issues with getting gay and queer visibility in the mainstream that's not really synthetically manufactured.

In my day there was an overabundance of homophobia in sports, and anything to pro-actively address and improve that is a good thing. No matter how aggressively masculine the culture, like with football, all people should feel welcomed in society. Has a direct impact on the environments of people like families that are heavily immersed in that world.

598b53919cb3537e58218f3f8f59f8c5--london

By Century's End We Will Have Another Lady Gaga Album

Lemondeduerl

People laugh or cringe with 'When I was in the 3rd grade I thought that I was gay 'cause I could draw' but I think it really shows how stupid stereotypes are. 

:)

Meta Mart

c98fbdb9f056952671e837ab7e6fcf2c

Lol

There are still a lot of people out there that don't care/believe gay people are valid people/have a valid lifestyle/have a valid psychology. And the people that are influential in that world, from the players, to the people in the format's structure, to the spectators, shouldn't allow homophobia to creep back in the form of quiet disregard or dismissive representatives.

Unfortunately the NRL is so macho that I don't even think any players in the league are actually out *shock I guess that means there are none in there*!! :O

51NeyEOE7qL._AC_SY400_.jpg

Edit: Actually it seems there are some... Or maybe not... I dunno..... but it seems the NRL has been participating in Mardi Gras for at least 5 years. Guess I'm out of the loop. (personally though I think a Mardi Gras float is often times a manipulative tactic, for example all the corporations and banks that have Mardi Gras floats, it doesn't mean much pro-activeness other than perhaps a cheap marketing image creation trick, but it is something, and it's a start, not an end, maybe a TRY but not the game won along decency fostering standards). Times have certainly been changing. And I think this song is very much integrated into that experience.

By Century's End We Will Have Another Lady Gaga Album

Archived