🔴 Limited-edition Red Vinyl 🔴

society

Anti Vaxx In UK Will Be Denied Entry In Any Venues, Even Their Office

KanyeWest
9 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

Yet you're ignoring the science that's telling you the vaccine is not rushed and that it's effective so idk what you're trying to do here tbh 

I dont have blind faith like you do. I will wait before I get the vaccine, Im not gonna rush to get it now. That's my decision, you like it or not I dont care actually 

Kanye West Is Blonde And Gone
  • Like 3

homomo
17 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

So you're a scientific? 

Nope. But I trust the experts who have dedicated a tremendous amount of their time studying viruses, bacteria, and other illnesses. If they say we will be okay, and some random person with no background on the subject says not to get it because it could be harmful... who do you think I'm going to trust?

20 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

I respect your opinion but next time be more respectful. Im not a conspiracy theorist, stop labelling people just because they are perplexed about something so brand new.

Actually call me whatever u want, call me an anti-vaxxer if that makes you feel superior, but thats so pathetic 

Be more respectful? Why do you think I'm angry at your sentiments here today? If you are able to get a vaccine, but willingly don't because you think it could harm you one day, even though experts say otherwise... you could be the reason why someone dies in the future, like an immuno-compromised individual.

I will not be respectful to people who disregard information even if it's shoved in their face. That's plain ignorance right there. We are facing a world-wide pandemic with multiple lives lost. I've had enough and will tell people getting a vaccine is a matter of life vs death.

alsemanche
2 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

I dont have blind faith like you do. I will wait before I get the vaccine, Im not gonna rush to get it now. That's my decision, you like it or not I dont care actually 

Faith and science are contradictory because science has proof and evidence. Faith is for religions. You wanna remain disinformed that's on you, but don't be surprised when people get annoyed by it and call it out. 

StuckInMyMind

I’m not so sure about a vaccine due to everything I’ve heard/researched, I’m not anti-vax, however I’m not so sure I’d want it if I don’t know 100% what’s in it

• Like 3

Da J

I think we have to be pragmatic about this.

If people don’t vaccinate, the virus will certainly not go away and will keep causing deaths, besides deteriorating the world’s economy, peace and political stability.

If people do vaccinate, there is a remote risk of unforeseen side effects in some people’s organisms many years from now.

We will likely be able to deal with those side effects later, although some may suffer (ourselves included). However, we cannot keep dealing with the deaths and constant lockdowns that are happening right now. The current state of affairs is unsustainable. The world will collapse if we keep things as they are now. We have to take the lesser evil. The vaccine must be a legal obligation for all.

Real life is not a philosophical essay. Freedom and individual well-being cannot justify the sacrifice of a whole community. 

EDIT: in case it’s not obvious, of course I’m supposing the effectiveness and approval of the vaccine by healthcare authorities.

Edited by Da J

bionic

I'm pro vaccinations but against government mandated body control

buy bionic
  • Like 5

Rio
5 hours ago, homomo said:

You both need to understand how vaccines work before saying dangerous stuff like this.

This vaccine is not rushed. You are just falling into the fear uneducated people are spamming all over the internet. Virologists and scientists alike already had a base to work with on the Covid vaccine, since coronaviruses have already been around a long time. All they had to do was tweak around the formula a bit, and found it was very effective. Think of it like a flu vaccine. They already have an existing base from last years strain and only have a to tweak a few things to make it more effective this year. They know it won’t cause problems in the long term, because the ingredients of the vaccine have been going into people for years/decades.

Furthermore, once it’s publicly released, that means it’s 100% safe to use as it has been more than fully tested. You are not a guinea pig at this point. That was done already on tens of thousands of people who would have showed no negative side effects over countless months, and only proved the vaccine is more than capable of protecting people.

So please stop saying this. Not only does it undermine all the people who worked hard on it, but it also prevents others from getting it in the future, meaning this virus will stick around longer, possibly even mutate, and have new vaccines become ineffective.

I'm not anti-vaxx, but people can have their suspicions. Vaccines takes years to come. Yes, they had a base but they couldn't even get a vaccine out for SARS or MERS 😂 magical how they got one out for this so effectively and quickly. I'll get my vaccine (even though I already have natural antibodies still), but I feel bad for the woman at work who has an autoimmune disease who now thinks she may lose her career over not wanting to take vaccine because it has come out so fast and has likely not been tested on people like her. She could still get seriously ill from it. Yes, they've fast-tracked but this is unheard of - a vaccine coming out so fast. So yes, people can be suspicious. People with genuine reason to like her are allowed that right. Anti-vaxxers are a different kind of dangerous specie. We don't condone them

• Thanks 1

Da J
9 minutes ago, bionic said:

I'm pro vaccinations but against government mandated body control

Ideally, I’d agree with you, but depending on how many people refuse to vaccinate in the coming months, there may be no other way of ending this pandemic than a legal obligation to do so.

EDIT: of course I don’t think we should arrest people who refuse to take the vaccine or forcibly pierce their skin, but they should be faced with other negative consequences, such as fines.

Edited by Da J

homomo
2 minutes ago, Rio said:

I'm not anti-vaxx, but people can have their suspicions. Vaccines takes years to come. Yes, they had a base but they couldn't even get a vaccine out for SARS or MERS 😂 magical how they got one out for this so effectively and quickly. I'll get my vaccine (even though I already have natural antibodies still), but I feel bad for the woman at work who has an autoimmune disease who now thinks she may lose her career over not wanting to take vaccine because it has come out so fast and has likely not been tested on people like her. She could still get seriously ill from it. Yes, they've fast-tracked but this is unheard of - a vaccine coming out so fast. So yes, people can be suspicious. People with genuine reason to like her are allowed that right. Anti-vaxxers are a different kind of dangerous specie. We don't condone them

If you actually read anything anyone has said, including my post you just quoted, you would understand why this vaccine was developed so quickly.

Anyway, since you are ignoring basic information, here’s a quote from an independent article that explains it for you: 

Oxford University, which created AstraZeneca's Covid-19 vaccine, previously worked on a vaccine to treat Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) – another form of a coronavirus. Dr Hartman said the work that went into developing the MERS vaccine helped fast-track the development of the current Covid-19 vaccine. 

“You have the people power, the money power, and you’re building on top of a vaccine that has already worked before,” Dr Hartman said. “With all those things, it was kind of a perfect storm of being able to develop a vaccine and carry it through the animal trials and Phase 1 and Phase 2 to get it to this point.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/coronavirus-vaccine-phase-3-covid-fda-cure-a9704111.html%3famp

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Da J

IMO we should establish an obligation only if not enough people take the vaccine for the herd immunity to work.

I really don’t see what’s the big deal with these measures. In my country, it’s been a legal duty to vaccinate your children (the penalty for non-abidance is a substantial fine) for more than 40 years now, and the government still doesn’t claim control over our bodies or anything. I find that a silly argument. It’s more than worth it to waiver a tiny bit of your freedom to keep others safe.

• Like 1

TSUNAMI

Who here has a  PhD in medicine, virology or pharmacy?

• Thanks 1

Da J
Just now, TSUNAMI said:

If a vaccine is approved, you can be sure a bunch of PhDs will be involved in the process, besides healthcare authorities.

What’s the issue with trusting institutions?

homomo
1 minute ago, TSUNAMI said:

The experts we are sourcing.

So please stop going against them with the claims of this vaccine being “too rushed” or “possibly unsafe”

• Like 1

Franch Toast

Good. I'm sick of people saying, "If you're afraid of covid, just stay home." Now we can say, "If you're afraid of vaccines, just stay home." :ally:

Of course, this does not apply to people who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons. In fact, the rest of us who can get vaccinated need to do so for these people's benefits. 

She/Her/Hers
  • Like 2

GagaSine
52 minutes ago, TSUNAMI said:

Do you? :bear: