Lighter

Featured Posts

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

critics dont matter if album success comercially

look ed sheraan divide

but idk about this one... let's see

Tbh I was kinda put off by some of the lyrics on tracks like 34+35. I mean it feels very “off brand” and too crude at places for me. 

myluis617

I like 34+35, Motive & positios (grew on me after listening to the whole album) the album at times gets just so boring because she just playing with vocals and not giving enough lyrical content. 

berlinforme
3 hours ago, PsychoMaxcara said:

Clearly people are getting tired of her delivering the same rehashed urban R&B. She's repeating herself. At this rate, she will soon turn into a black Katy Perry.

c6-7-e1574279179893.jpg

2010 Ariana says hi. :ladyhaha:

BornAsUnic0rn
Just now, berlinforme said:

c6-7-e1574279179893.jpg

2010 Ariana says hi. :ladyhaha:

I was afraid I was the only one cringing at that. 

gypsy101

it's her worst album

just a boring bland album where nothing stands out, it's very sad because i love her and her work

Bradley

Yall need to stop looking at a number and expect to understand every single thing being said about a piece of work. Go read the lines and the reviews.

Metacritic provides a score that is very much dependent on the artist that's receiving it, the album, the time that the work is released. 70 in 2010 and 70 in 2020 mean very different things.

70 by Adele and 70 by Ava Max are very different things. The critics often review taking into consideration the artist's previous discography so if a pop star had a really impressive discography and suddenly pales slightly in comparison, the reviews would be drastically negative. Whereas if a pop star like Dua Lipa didn't really achieve meteoric stardom before, and releases an album that seems decent, they get like 85 or 88 on MC (see also Selena Gomez's Rare).

No one in the world would say Dua Lipa or Selena Gomez or Ava Max have outdone Adele, Gaga, Ariana Grande because they have good scores. They have good scores because their previous albums were not ambitious like Born This Way or ARTPOP.

I listened to the album and oh boy... The melodies are weak and not memorable ať all, the lyrics seem try-hard edgy to the point of being cringy... Shame that she wastes her immense talent on music like this. 

Too many people here with moral superiority complex.

FFXIV WhiteMage

I agree with the critics. The album is cohesive however it’s not outstanding. 

Sweetener have NTLC and GIAW and while some tracks are awful there are a few bops - the light is coming is bad but it’s a boo :sis:

TUN is a BOP album. PeiodT

Monster7

Positions lacks the hits of Sweetener but the rest of the songs are far better than the Sweetener fillers for me

And since when is low 70s a bad score? Joanne, ARTPOP and even BTW are higher (which is tragic tbh)

Archived