🔴 Limited-edition Red Vinyl 🔴

Sign in to follow this  
politics

NBC moves historically-red Texas to "tossup" in presidential race

Eighteen

perhaps. but i have a sinking feeling that all of these newly "toss-up" red states are gonna go just the way they have been going, red in the end. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

M Monstre
3 minutes ago, Eighteen said:

perhaps. but i have a sinking feeling that all of these newly "toss-up" red states are gonna go just the way they have been going, red in the end. 

Right, but it's still monumental that Dems are able to be competitive in states like Texas. Texas is shifting to become more and more liberal. It's really only a matter of time until it actually votes blue for a major election.

• Like 21

TimisaMonster

I hope it leans to blue...we need those votes! :giveup: Still shocked at how much red there is on that map :enigma:

Stream my new single 🔥"Dance in the Flames"🔥 on Spotify!

M Monstre
1 hour ago, TimisaMonster said:

I hope it leans to blue...we need those votes! :giveup: Still shocked at how much red there is on that map :enigma:

I mean, visually speaking, it does seem like a lot, but those states are also less populated than states like Michigan, Florida, and Pennsylvania. 

• Like 5

StarstruckIllusion

Trump really destroyed the Republican party huh :flutter: 

• Like 1

HorusRa2
4 minutes ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

Trump really destroyed the Republican party huh :flutter: 

All it took was some mean tweets. The policies didnt change. :billie:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oyster

It’s not going blue, I don’t get why they did this 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

pachinko
1 hour ago, Eighteen said:

No negativity on this site please. 

• YAAAS 1

ToxicHot

As a Latino from Texas, this is AMAZING news! :party: I know Texas has the power to turn blue because there are a LOT of us, and typical Texan political trends have been changing at a rapid pace. And a few years ago the state of Texas was declared a majority-minority state, where the minority (Latinos) have become the majority demographic population. 

Obviously, we still have a LOT to accomplish (like the governor and congressional leaders), but our main cities have become increasingly liberal. 

Texas will turn blue eventually, mark my words. :ally: Maybe not this year, or even this decade... but times are changing fast.

Edited by ToxicHot
Formerly known as the infamous xxPaperGangsta.
  • Like 3

StarstruckIllusion
14 minutes ago, HorusRa2 said:

All it took was some mean tweets. The policies didnt change. :billie:

Ehh its some policy too. He’s tanking hard bc he suddenly lost all his populous sense and became a standard establishment extremist conservative at the worst time (stimulus cheques.) Mitch officially killed stimulus talks so yeah that might not go well.

The oppo couldn’t have been more blessed rn tho

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

gabeoz
1 hour ago, Eighteen said:

Yeah, they're more than likely going to go red next week, no one is denying that. But it's a showing trend. Texas and other sun belt states have been trending blue for years as the hispanic/latino population rapidly grows and starts voting, the past 3-4 elections has seen Republicans win Texas with increasingly historic lows (Cruz nearly lost his senate seat in 2018 and won with a margin smaller than the polls predicted. And now Hegar is closing in even closer on Cornyn than Beto with Cruz). The fact that Biden is polling ahead of Trump/tying with him in several polls, while isn't entirely surprising, just shows how hard Trump is damaging the Republican party and speeding up the process. While Biden only has a 1/4 chance to take Texas, it's expected to go blue within the next 10-20 years if not sooner.

16 minutes ago, ToxicHot said:

As a Latino from Texas, this is AMAZING news! :party: I know Texas has the power to turn blue because there are a LOT of us, and typical Texan political trends have been changing at a rapid pace. And a few years ago the state of Texas was declared a majority-minority state, where the minority (Latinos) have become the majority demographic population. 

Obviously, we still have a LOT to accomplish (like the governor and congressional leaders), but our main cities have become increasingly liberal. 

Texas will turn blue eventually, mark my words. :ally: Maybe not this year, or even this decade... but times are changing fast.

Texas has the country's fastest growing cities which the incoming population is by far majority democrat, I even moved here a little over a year ago to San Antonio and have already done my part to vote blue :flower:

• Like 1

FATCAT
26 minutes ago, Oyster said:

Polling data determines every state on that map, Texas gets checked just like every other state by their team, and it's currently in the margin of error.

chilly waffle
  • Thanks 1

M Monstre
34 minutes ago, Oyster said:

Well, there's a reason they put it as a "toss up" and not a straight up Democratic state....

LateToCult

As of now, the only traditional red states I think Biden can take are Arizona and North Carolina. Texas will probably be a very tight race but unless the suburban white voters come in clutch, I don’t see Trump losing it.